Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hot Dogs/Sausage Sandwiches

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Vegetarians are allowed no say in this matter, please move along.

However before you go, for whatever reason vegetarians do not eat meat, but some reason have things like veggie bacon, why? If you do not want the real thing, you are not allowed to try and recreate the taste on a cardboard alternative. You made the choice not to eat the good stuff, so deal with it.

Every veggie I ever knew admitted that the one meattie thing they couldn't resist was the smell of bacon. Reckon it works directly on that part of the primitive brain that dates back to primordial times before the middle classes were invented. :drool:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Every veggie I ever knew admitted that the one meattie thing they couldn't resist was the smell of bacon. Reckon it works directly on that part of the primitive brain that dates back to primordial times before the middle classes were invented. :drool:

Bacon is how my nan "cured" my brother of vegetarianism back in the day.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Why do I have images of a deep south family trying to "convert" one of their children from being gay, but instead your brother tied to a chair with nothing but bacon being cooked, whilst the local padre screams at him, 'are you cured'.

Duh! Bacon is always cured, then smoked. And why would the padre be yelling at the bacon in the first place?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Why do I have images of a deep south family trying to "convert" one of their children from being gay, but instead your brother tied to a chair with nothing but bacon being cooked, whilst the local padre screams at him, 'are you cured'.

To which the only answer is "no, but what you're cooking is...."

EDIT one minute late even after setting up my own gag :down:

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Could just call it a sausage baguette, then there would be no problems.

Though cooking sausages at that time in the morning is surely a waste of sleep time?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
More than once recently I've bought a highly perishable foodstuff for dinner, only to not really fancy it in the evening after all. But come the following morning it's about to go off that day, so instead I have it for breakfast at 6am. And it's always tasty, even at that time of day.

What is this short shelf life treat that's hard to beat? Ruddy SUSHI (taken with neither mustard or brown sauce).

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Americans really know how to get it all wrong, but it tastes soooooo gooooood....

I give you sausage patty biscuits and gravy.........

Attachments

• biscuits-and-sausage-gravy-2.jpg
    biscuits-and-sausage-gravy-2.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 85
  • loadedbiscuitsandgravyfromhardees.jpg
    loadedbiscuitsandgravyfromhardees.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 84
  • l.jpg
    l.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 86

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
My wife was so ill this morning I had to carry her to the kitchen to make my breakfast.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
I am still REELING from the revelation that no less then FOUR esteemed NSC posters have a fondness for the appallingly wrong combination of mustard with bacon.

Thankfully SEVEN posters agree that this predilection will only lead to DISASTER

Yes i feel that strongly about the matter that I went through the thread logging posters preference.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
By "sausages" do you mean conventional British Sausages or "its meat Jim but not as we know it" Frankfurter sausages which are the traditional content of a hot dog?

Waitrose Cumberland sausages. The good stuff!!!

goldstone68

Aug 31, 2014
darkside
I was laying in bed this morning when my wife breezed in, naked doing a handstand with a teaspoon in her mouth, and a soft boiled egg wedged between her flaps. I said " Hello darling thats a bit kinky so early in the morning" she replied "This is not kinky you idiot I couldn't find any egg cups!!"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here