Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Article: In derision of the Albion naysayers

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Another prem league journeyman 30+ on £60,000 a week will strut around for a couple of games but has no hunger left for the game
3 goals from 27 apps for Fulham on loan
Anyone who can't get in the villa starting 11 playing up top at the moment must be shite
In fairness we all thought the same about Bridge and Upson, but they turned out alright.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Quietly confident this will prove a tidy signing. We don't need him to score goals as much as simply be able to hold the ball up and let our munchkins play off him. But if he does score goals, all the better.

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
Another prem league journeyman 30+ on £60,000 a week will strut around for a couple of games but has no hunger left for the game
3 goals from 27 apps for Fulham on loan
Anyone who can't get in the villa starting 11 playing up top at the moment must be shite

So because he can't get in the Villa team ahead of Agbonlahor, Kozak or Benteke, he must be shite. At Championship level. Right.

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
I would have been really jealous if one of our rivals had got him instead, I'm willing to give him a chance. Saturday: goal Bent, assist E. Bennett x3.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
I like it ! Rather than sack the manager that's in trouble,as they all have around us,give the present manager a big name striker to help him out......a far cheaper option.....and it gives the manager a fair chance as well.Bring on Bent !

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Would be a great signing! I am astonished there are some saying they don't want him.

If any other Championship club were signing him there would be some serious moaning on here about why we can't compete with them etc.

This is potentially a season changing signing.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Your Albion mojo has to be well and truly broken if this signing doesn't excite you!

Dec 29, 2011
"Yeah it's our fault Bent gets out of breath walking up stairs.He could have Beckham and Giggs either side of him, he isn't going to score goals. He has no pace, no sharpness, no spring.

His legs have gone, they can't support the size of his fat arse.

As for being screwed by the club, you haven't yet realised that Bent signed his last big contract with us,his retirement contract. he hasn't tried one inch to improve himself as a football, to adapt his game to make up for his ever increasing short comings, he picks up his salary and he is laughing at you.
Look at the state of him, you really think he cares about Villa or achieving anything with us.
He came for the money.
Nothing else."

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Yes, people were apprehensive/critical/moany about loaning Bridge and Upson, and they were wrong. They were also apprehensive/criticial/moany about loaning Paynter, Obika, Lita, Dobbie, Vokes, and none of them did much with the time they had/did enough to warrant more time than they were given, so you'd have to say they were right in those cases.

This shows a couple of things

People will always moan, no matter how promising a signing looks.
Just because a signing looks exciting, doesn't mean it will pan out.
We don't have a great record loaning strikers.
Players can be good everywhere else they go, it's no guarantee they will be good in our team/system

For me, it's a name I recognise, which doesn't happen often, but my awareness of the above makes me want to take a wait and see approach.

The Legend that IS Lawro

It's 'canard' Del
May 8, 2013
Burgess Hill
Any belief that the arrival of an expensive 'eggs in one basket' journeyman striker would be the sole cure for our on the pitch staffing issues is, I fear, seriously misdirected.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Would be a great signing! I am astonished there are some saying they don't want him.

If any other Championship club were signing him there would be some serious moaning on here about why we can't compete with them etc.

This is potentially a season changing signing.

This. Better than most of the other options that have been touted so far.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yes, people were apprehensive/critical/moany about loaning Bridge and Upson, and they were wrong. They were also apprehensive/criticial/moany about loaning Paynter, Obika, Lita, Dobbie, Vokes, and none of them did much with the time they had/did enough to warrant more time than they were given, so you'd have to say they were right in those cases.

This shows a couple of things

People will always moan, no matter how promising a signing looks.
Just because a signing looks exciting, doesn't mean it will pan out.
We don't have a great record loaning strikers.
Players can be good everywhere else they go, it's no guarantee they will be good in our team/system

For me, it's a name I recognise, which doesn't happen often, but my awareness of the above makes me want to take a wait and see approach.

True, but Bent is a proper striker, we don't have one of those. It may be he is shit and past it but at least we have a chance of seeing a striker in an Albion shirt who can cut it in this division. None of the ones currently here are up to scratch. I will stay excited until he signs for someone else or he proves be to past his best and useless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here