Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Article: In derision of the Albion naysayers

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Probably as good a deal as we'll find for the next 28 days. Looks like the kind of striker we need. Strong and tall and can hold the ball up and lay it off to Calunga/Baldock. If he can do that well, then it doesn't matter a whole lot how many he scores himself ... providing his layoffs result in the other guys scoring. If he works out we can extend.

Tall .... well, 5ft 11in ... I guess that makes him taller than CMS, Baldock, Colunga, but O'Grady is 6ft 2in.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Another loan though?
We won't go down,so why not save the money?
The club really need to focus on what they need at the right time,rather than leaving things late and getting shite in.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Perfect fit for what we need. If his heart is in it. Great goalscorer and given the chances would score a hatfull at this level. But has a reputation for being a lazy bast**d. Don't expect to see him working his socks off for the team, but then if he puts away the chances, who cares??? Getting Elliot Bennett to stay till end of season would be the key to Bent being a success imo.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Tall .... well, 5ft 11in ... I guess that makes him taller than CMS, Baldock, Colunga, but O'Grady is 6ft 2in.

With Bent it isn't just his height, his physical presence is what we need up front. O'Grady might be over 6ft but Bent is a lot stronger and a much more physical player and a real danger in the box.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Perfect fit for what we need. If his heart is in it. Great goalscorer and given the chances would score a hatfull at this level. But has a reputation for being a lazy bast**d. Don't expect to see him working his socks off for the team, but then if he puts away the chances, who cares??? Getting Elliot Bennett to stay till end of season would be the key to Bent being a success imo.

People said the same about Wayne Bridge with his City form.
But its surprising when you are going to be a free agent at the end of the season, how you step up to the plate to put yourself in the shop window, as Bridge did and got his contract at Reading

"Bent joined Fulham on a season-long deal last season, scoring three goals in 24 appearances. "

Not great for a forward

CMS scored shit loads of goals in League 1 but can't do it in the Championship.

And he has a name that will get BBS laughing like a playground full of 12 year olds.

Bring it on.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Bent has scored 25 goals in 53 starts and 19 substitute appearances for Villa.

Would take any striker with these stats (in the EPL)

He has a far better top level record than Glenn Murray, and I don't think too many would've been complaining about him coming on loan

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Interesting but does he fit what Sami wants. I thought Sami's problem with O'Grady is that he comes short for the ball and Sami wants someone charging upfield. So does Bent give Sami what he wants?

Bent will not be charging upfield. Once he gets there he will stick around and hopefully make a bloody nuisance of himself.
As MacKenzie said earlier - should be a focus for opposition attention and create space for others to play.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
I didnt want to gdt excited till i se him holding up the shirt, but unfortunately ive failed..

what a good signing this is , think about it hes coming to a team that on paper is fighting for survival in the championship.
He's easly good enough for a team fighting for promotion. Personaly i even think hes good enough for a team fighting for survival in the prem. If he finds his form he's good enough for a mid table prem team. So wel done t.b if you pull this off. :albion2:

mind you i wouldn't be surprised if we sign the nexg obika..

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Anyone who thinks this would be bad is head mental. Proven goal scorer, if his wages aren't a stumbling block then game on...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here