Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Simon Ireland

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Very, very worrying that even within our much vaunted Academy environment we seem completely unable to retain quality staff.

Bloom, Burke, Barber and Basil Brush have to start answering some questions.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Very, very worrying that even within our much vaunted Academy environment we seem completely unable to retain quality staff.

Firstly, Has he gone yet? No.

Secondly, There is no shame in loosing your U21 Coach to a first team managers role.

The amount of Prem or top league clubs around the world having their U21 managers touted for other Jobs. I doubt many U21 Managers want to stay at that level.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012

He hasn't actually gone yet and what exactly do you think the 3B's will have done wrong if he decides to take charge of Mansfield?

If he has the ambition to sit in the big chair somewhere, I can't imagine convincing him to stay here would be either a) easy b) cheap or, more likely, c) possible.

If anything it's impressive that we recruited a reserves manager thought highly enough of to be on a managerial shortlist in the first place.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Second favourite with who? Oddschecker shows only Skybet and Bet Victor offering markets for the next Mansfield manager and Simon Ireland currently doesn't appear on their list.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
He hasn't actually gone yet and what exactly do you think the 3B's will have done wrong if he decides to take charge of Mansfield?

If he has the ambition to sit in the big chair somewhere, I can't imagine convincing him to stay here would be either a) easy b) cheap or, more likely, c) possible.

If anything it's impressive that we recruited a reserves manager thought highly enough of to be on a managerial shortlist in the first place

That was certainly my first thought ...

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Ireland played for Mansfield between 1993 and 1996 so it won't be a new place for him.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oh. I thought this was going to be another thread from Hove Born & Bred saying he worked with someone of that name.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here