Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why the F*** is Kazenga not taking free kicks?

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
He scored one pre-season, he scored at Leeds, and I don't think he's had once since while chumps like Gardner get a go, I doubt he's ever scored one in his life.

Absolute disgrace, I can think of at least 6 goals from LuaLua free kicks, he hits it so hard that if it's on target it stands a chance of going in, even if it takes a deflection (2nd one away to Charlton) or the keeper is behind it (Millwall home).

Yeah, it might go out of the ground, but it might go in. Get him on the free kicks, it's a no brainer.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
MK Dons (home)
Bournemouth (home)
Charlton (away)
Millwall (home)
Charlton (away)
Leeds (away)

It's not like he's taken hundreds of them and put them under, if anything it's his shooting from open play that needs working on...and I say this having watched him ping one in from the edge of the box yesterday.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
MK Dons (home)
Bournemouth (home)
Charlton (away)
Millwall (home)
Charlton (away)
Leeds (away)

It's not like he's taken hundreds of them and put them under, if anything it's his shooting from open play that needs working on...and I say this having watched him ping one in from the edge of the box yesterday.

Liverpool :moo:

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
The same reason he plays down the middle . Sami hasnt got a clue

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
KLL had a free kick on target that was deflected for a corner against Norwich.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
In the absence of somebody with the basic footballing skill to 'do a Chippie', next best thing for a while back there was that short sideways pass by the free kick taker to Kazenga for him to belt it into the net while bypassing the wall. Seemed to work pretty well.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I was talking about this earlier, after reading something about how Holla and Gardner always seem to have a debate about who is going to take it.

Of course Kaz should be given seniority for free kicks. I cannot understand how Gardner gets the nod over him.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Gardner's effort at the weekend looked like it went pretty close to me. Just a matter of time before he finds the top corner. It's not as if Lua Lua is Cristiano Ronaldo.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
He may well stick them in for fun every day in training but we don't see those ones. It's not as if Sami would let him take free kicks purely on the basis of him declaring himself "well good boss, honest".

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Is his contract up at the end of the season ???
Would be good to get him to sign an extension sooner rather than later.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Is his contract up at the end of the season ???
Would be good to get him to sign an extension sooner rather than later.

There was a hint on Twitter yesterday that he is close to signing. I'm not sure how reliable the tweeter is.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
The bigger question is "Why the f*** does Gardner keep taking them?". Has he even hit below row Z yet?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here