Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] HYYPIA: WE DID ENOUGH TO WIN

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011

Brighton & Hove Albion boss Sami Hyypia felt his side did enough to win at Norwich City this afternoon, but were let down by avoidable defensive lapses in a pulsating 3-3 draw at Carrow Road.

Albion looked a constant threat on the counter attack and led through Bruno, but subsequently trailed to goals from Jonny Howson and Russell Martin, before Kazenga LuaLua and Adrian Colunga restored the lead. A late goal from City substitute Gary Hooper gave the Canaries a share of the spoils.Despite a creditable point, Hyypia was disappointed not to win and told the media, “I am sure Neil Adams will say the same: they should have come away with the win, but we should have won. Maybe they had a few chances more than us, but the chances they scored could have been avoided.
“I am sure it was a great game for the neutral, but I’m not feeling hyped because we didn’t get what we came here for; we wanted the three points, but I’ve learned you have to accept what you get, and we will analyse the game and see what we can do better for next time.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

For all Norwich’s possession, Albion looked solid early on, and scored the opening goal with a classic counter-attack goal with Bruno heading in Colunga’s deep cross from the left at the back post – but Hyypia was frustrated with the manner in which his team allowed Norwich back into the game.“It was a good start, but I wasn’t very happy with what happened afterwards. We took our foot of the pedal, and stopped doing the things we had done right in that opening period, and we can’t afford to do that.
“We can’t afford to let opponents have an easy spell like that and let them put pressure on us. It was mostly due to [lack of] concentration. Football matches are 90 minutes and we have to concentrate and do the right things for 90 minutes.
bruno-f229-2097996.jpg

“At half-time we talked about making a quick start and getting our rhythm back, but they scored again. It was a tremendous strike from the full-back and we couldn’t do much about the shot, but before that we could have done a little bit better.
“We lacked concentration in the build-up play, we gave the ball away and made some bad decisions and that made it more difficult, but we showed great character to come back to 2-2, and to lead 3-2 – but then we allowed the pressure to come on us again.
“We needed to be clinical at the end of the game when we were leading and to do the basics and put pressure on the ball. We knew they would put more bodies up front, but I think we should have avoided the third goal.”
[h=3]ALBION V fulham
[/h]SaturDAY 29TH November, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V millwall
[/h]friday 12th december, KICK-OFF 7:45PM

[h=3]Albion v reading
[/h]fRiDAY 26TH decEMber, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here