Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We should be more like Palace

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
In my whole lifetime 37 years Palace have been better than us for 90% of it why do we have this rivalry when we obviously fail to compete where it matters on the pitch and the shiny new stadium can't cover for that.
Are you a Crystal Palace supporter?

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
The speakers are down in the corner at selhurst, infront of the holmsdale. The 50 odd group in the corner make it sound loud even though nobody else in the stadium are singing.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Pretty sure that's what I said to be honest?

Well i am not here to argue other than to say i don't like the thread title-we should be more like the real Brighton,both team and fans are plaing well within themselves to honest and we could all do better...

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
I'd rather be like Mike.

Look on the BBS this season and many of them have been slagging off the lack of atmosphere at Selhurst for most games.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Jesus, there are some cretins on NSC these days. Sounds like he'd wear a half & half Palace scarf given the chance.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
The speakers are down in the corner at selhurst, infront of the holmsdale. The 50 odd group in the corner make it sound loud even though nobody else in the stadium are singing.

The microphones are on the TV gantry in the Arthur Wait.
The ground was rocking, it's always good to beat the scousers !

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012

???

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
9 goals in 31 Premier League appearances so far for Palace (11 starts). 5 further goals in cup games. The point is your little joke about his lack of appearances doesn't stack up. He's done well at Palace.

Don't worry it's only Edna .

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
First of all wash your mouth out with soap , never say anything like that again, what a repolsive thing to say..

regards to us making more noise in the amex, yes something needs to be done. Why the people next to the group under the police box arnt joining in i dont know. But i call all those in that area who arnt singing to request a move juring this next close season, and the ones who want to join in and sing to request a move to that erea. That way there will hopefully be a larger number of people singing witch will then incourage others around them to join in...

ps not saying those of you next to them who arnt singing to move out the north end, just free up space for the ones who want to join in. :albion2:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
That truly is one of the worst descriptions of a game I've seen? It was only 5 minutes ago the commentators on Sky, where I am currently watching praised the Palace fans for keeping up the singing... they've literally just equalised and the singing is no louder now, their 'delusion' has paid off...

the TV gantry at Selhurst is above the away fans so I'm never sure if the commentators really understand where noise (and silence, for that matter) is coming from ...

Last edited:

ffsmurray

Banned
Nov 19, 2011
London
They haven't stopped singing since the start of the game and even when they went 1-0 down they carried on and if anything they've now got louder? Why can't the atmosphere at the AMEX be close to that? We have a group in the North who sing and then a few in the West. Something that palace definitely do better than us...

Thanks for the comments, glad you enjoyed it, great result eh :)

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
They haven't stopped singing since the start of the game and even when they went 1-0 down they carried on and if anything they've now got louder? Why can't the atmosphere at the AMEX be close to that? We have a group in the North who sing and then a few in the West. Something that palace definitely do better than us...

That's funny, because I was there and from the press box I distinctly heard a pin drop about half-way up the Holmesdale Lower tier just after Lambert;s goal.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
They have 10,000 'new fans' since they went up so it needs to be kept in perspective how amazing they are. Plus, it's easier to create a great atmosphere in an old style stadium... they do it pretty well though to be fair.

Compared to our 20,000+ new fans fron goldstone to gillingham to Withdean to Amex.

Fair play to palace, they know how to get behind their team!

DNB_Seagull

Dirty Northerner. For now
Apr 27, 2014
We need a singing section in the middle of the north stand to unite the three singing areas of the north stand its long and thin and the singing is based on the Police Box and the NSK. We need to sing as one. Also a few flags dotted around wouldn't be bad either. I've got a few.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here