Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It seems to have gone unnoticed but Palace have slipped into the bottom three.

Feb 14, 2010
Same.

TB's weakness re the Albion is that he's thinking as a fan rather than a businessman. And his judgement as a fan is worse than mine and possibly thine. We're not somehow going to magically make the play-offs this time around. We'll be lucky not to get relegated. While he pisses off to Oz for their Summer, who's going to take ultimate responsibility for the Albion's league position? Hard to see where the buck stops.

The day mate, a self made man like Tony Bloom takes advice from you is the day that I know we have no hope. With the greatest respect, what the fook have you ever done to give Tony Bloom advice? I expect that when he wants your advice he will ask for it, but dont hold your breath. Bloom is a young man, mostly self made, doing his best. He doesn't need or want people who have achieved far less like you or me trying to tell him what to do. With respect.As for who takes responsibility, then the players, manager, director of football and ultimately TB will. But none of that alters the fundamental point. Its not your cash and Brighton are a brilliantly supported club, despite the team, they always have been. If you want to change the Albion, then go out there, make yourself billions and put your money where your mouth is.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
shutup_zpsrphppgv9.gif
for the time being

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
No gloating from me, just stating the facts as they are :)

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
The day mate, a self made man like Tony Bloom takes advice from you is the day that I know we have no hope. With the greatest respect, what the fook have you ever done to give Tony Bloom advice? I expect that when he wants your advice he will ask for it, but dont hold your breath. Bloom is a young man, mostly self made, doing his best. He doesn't need or want people who have achieved far less like you or me trying to tell him what to do. With respect.As for who takes responsibility, then the players, manager, director of football and ultimately TB will. But none of that alters the fundamental point. Its not your cash and Brighton are a brilliantly supported club, despite the team, they always have been. If you want to change the Albion, then go out there, make yourself billions and put your money where your mouth is.

Are you really claiming that TB as an individual has achieved more than the tens of thousands of fans combined who have supported the Albion over the decades and that therefore he is the only one who has the right to have opinions over the direction the club should go in and the rest of us should just shut up! Mad.

Feb 14, 2010
Are you really claiming that TB as an individual has achieved more than the tens of thousands of fans combined who have supported the Albion over the decades and that therefore he is the only one who has the right to have opinions over the direction the club should go in and the rest of us should just shut up! Mad.

Hark at you. All this carping on. Some on here moan that we disclose tickets in the same way that every club does. That is how flipping stupid NSC has become. A young bloke of what 41 has bought a new ground and a training ground and pays for a 10 Million loss year in year out and that is not good enough for you? What more do you want?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
We're struggling at the mo, but as Bozza has said, don't get too excited yet.
As history has repeatedly said, write us off at your peril.

5 trips to PL and 6 seasons there, can be written off easily I'd say esp as not won in 5 inc might of Baggies, Mackems & tigers...
Looking back in future, us remaining in this div & palace relegated will be a fond memory, next season is already looking more fun

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Dunno mate. Like all of us Albion fans TB seems to have a blind spot. In his case, IMHO, his blind spot is to regard the Albion as a fan-investor rather than a pure businessman. We love him for it, but it seems to be clouding his vision as to the ultimate goal a bit no? Seems intent on building a family dynasty while taking his eye off the ball as regards league position and trajectory. Patently obvious to every other fan that he needs to spend at least as much as the next club to get to where he needs to be to recoup at least part of his investment :shrug:

Feb 14, 2010
Dunno mate. Like all of us Albion fans TB seems to have a blind spot. In his case, IMHO, his blind spot is to regard the Albion as a fan-investor rather than a pure businessman. We love him for it, but it seems to be clouding his vision as to the ultimate goal a bit no? Seems intent on building a family dynasty while taking his eye off the ball as regards league position and trajectory :shrug:

Its not a blind spot its simple, he has a certain amount of money he will spend. Yes its annoying that clubs like Wigan and Palace with smaller crowds than us have been in the top flight but TB can only deal from where we are. Its up to him if he wants to buy a player, its his cash. Get used to it, he owes you, me and everyone else nothing. He has done more than I ever will for the Albion. Its not a blind spot, its reality. I dont agree with buying players without the managers say so but this way has come in because of interesting transfer dealings by managers in the English game in the past (and maybe present). I agree it needs a tweak but really, look at what you are moaning about and think, really, has TB not thought of this before you have? I expect so, given its his 200 Million.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Hark at you. All this carping on. Some on here moan that we disclose tickets in the same way that every club does. That is how flipping stupid NSC has become. A young bloke of what 41 has bought a new ground and a training ground and pays for a 10 Million loss year in year out and that is not good enough for you? What more do you want?

More than good enough for me.

What has that got to do with your claim that TB shouldn't listen to what anyone who hasn't achieved the same wealth as him has to say? ???

Money isn't everything - with an ID of 'Working Class Pride' I would expect more!

Feb 14, 2010
More than good enough for me.

What has that got to do with your claim that TB shouldn't listen to what anyone who hasn't achieved the same wealth as him has to say? ???

Money isn't everything - with an ID of 'Working Class Pride' I would expect more!

You have no idea what or who he listens to. Nor do I. I can however see what is happening. A young bloke is doing his best for his football club. Struggles to compete with smaller supported clubs with parachute payments and in my opinion, (but he might not agree) buys players without managers full backing. But I can also see why that system has come into place. Its almost a compliance thing. Because you are from a WC background and have pride, it makes you have a habit of calling things the way they are. All this drivel from some on NSC just defies belief.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
5 trips to PL and 6 seasons there, can be written off easily I'd say esp as not won in 5 inc might of Baggies, Mackems & tigers...
Looking back in future, us remaining in this div & palace relegated will be a fond memory, next season is already looking more fun

History also says that you've finished twice above us in the last 30 years,and one of those seasons we got promoted over you !
As founder members of The Premier League, I don't think little old Brighton should write us off.
Learn your history.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I agree it needs a tweak but really, look at what you are moaning about and think, really, has TB not thought of this before you have? I expect so, given its his 200 Million.

Unlike in his every other business sphere, TB appears to be approaching the Albion as a fan. As such, I'd back my judgement as a fan (as I'm sure many of us would) against his 200 million pot. Football-wise, he's not that smart. He wouldn't be the first savvy businessman to fall well short in footballing matters.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
History also says that you've finished twice above us in the last 30 years,and one of those seasons we got promoted over you !
As founder members of The Premier League, I don't think little old Brighton should write us off.
Learn your history.
Here is a bit of history....
Prem.Lg.1989.1990.Liv.Crys.Pal.Th+.jpg

Enjoy the match :lolol:

Feb 14, 2010
Learn your history.

Yes its amazing how clubs like Wimbledon, Palace and Wigan have been more successful than us. Its actually a heart warming story of the small clubs punching above their weight. But then you have not been asset stripped and lost your ground have you? Now tell me, what would you get 4th from bottom in the Championship against Wigan at home on a Tuesday night in November? Maybe 11,000 with free tickets given away. You need the Premier League for people to watch you, we dont.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Learn your history.
Perhaps it's you you who needs to learn your history, and indeed ours, to understand exactly how it is that you've finished above us in that period of time.

Feb 14, 2010
Unlike in his every other business sphere, TB appears to be approaching the Albion as a fan. As such, I'd back my judgement as a fan (as I'm sure many of us would) against his 200 million pot. Football-wise, he's not that smart. He wouldn't be the first savvy businessman to fall well short in footballing matters.

Ok so lets hear it, what exactly would you do differently? If you say have a manager put his stamp on a new player then agreed, but other than that?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Perhaps it's you you who needs to learn your history, and indeed ours, to understand exactly how it is that you've finished above us in that period of time.

Good old Brian :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here