Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glad we have stuck with Sami

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
LoL! What if the competition was "Who has the tactical nous that most resembles that of a brick?". I think it would be a close call, but Sami might just edge it.

Is it a two horse race? Because then we'd need to include A) The Horse and b) Ian Holloway.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I genuinely think he is turning us around.

He certainly has turned us from a mid table team which could possibly flirt with the top six team, and turned us around into a flirting possibly deep in the shiiiiiza team... Well done Sami.....

And yes I have been drinking, but supporting the Albion will do that to a man....

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
And yes I have been drinking, but supporting the Albion will do that to a man....

I just tried to mix Southern Comfort with Tonic Water. That's what supporting the Albion has done to me.

Also: it tastes horrid.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Clueless, inept and frankly im fed up THREE. Thats THREE wins all season in the league. Whichever way you cut it we are going DOWN at this rate.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Grumbleton you should have tried it with Tanquerry Gin as I am just going to, absolutely brilliant.

Southern Comfort AND Gin? Crikey. I've got to get up for work in the morning!

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I'm certainly not convinced by Sami as yet and find our home performances the worst for many years.

But the table is interesting. We have the same goal difference as Wolves, who in turn are only three points off the play-offs.

Weird league, as always.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Im sorry to put a dampa on things but look at his record, what part of 3 wins in 30 games ( or whatever it is now ) makes anyone think that because we got a draw at norwich sami is turning a corner. Once again we took the lead ( twice this time ) and couldnt get the win.
he said in his post match interview that he wanted us to have a good start and take the lead. Wel yea sami we did that but theres still the rest of the game. Any way il leave the thinking to you.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
I genuinely think he is turning us around, we are much to good to be relegated. I think a mid table finish and hope he can build he's team for next season. (yes I have had a couple of beers)

Sorry i just looked again at ur post and i couldn't believe what you wrote.
Glad we stuck with sami .....pmsl . we got a draw , not reached the play offs, how could you come out with that after just todays result.
its still only 3 wins all season, and after today were even closer to the relagation zone. You are funny lol :ffsparr:

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Still torn. The knee jerker in me wants instant gratification and wants him out. The pragmatist in me calmly soothes, reminding me that patience now will reap rewards in the future.

The knee jerker and the pragmatist are slugging it out and have both had standing eight counts.

:mad:

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
I was at the match yesterday and I thought it was a thoroughly entertaining game of football. At 2-3 up in the 85th minute of course you are hoping for the win but to expect it pays no heed to Norwich who are a strong side still bristling with ex-prem players.

Up until the end of Oct we weren't scoring enough goals and the players were still adapting to Sammis tactics. From Bournemouth onwards we are beginning to score more goals and create more chances. We are still making some individual errors that are costing us points but the team play as a whole is definitely improving.

For me it's not just the points tally that determines if you change the manager. I believe you've also got to look at the trend of the overall performances and due to the attacking improvements witnessed from Bournemouth onwards I believe we are now making progress. Other than the Ipswich and Tottenham games where we lost 2-0 our other losses have all been single goal margins - no one has taken us to the cleaners.

If we can improve our link play in the final third we will create more chances, and if we can sign a striker with a little more quality to finish these chances then we will finish comfortably in mid table.

This is no time to hit the panic button and sack SH. We need to stick with him and the play will continue to improve which in turn will bring us the points we all crave.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I was at the match yesterday and I thought it was a thoroughly entertaining game of football. At 2-3 up in the 85th minute of course you are hoping for the win but to expect it pays no heed to Norwich who are a strong side still bristling with ex-prem players.

Up until the end of Oct we weren't scoring enough goals and the players were still adapting to Sammis tactics. From Bournemouth onwards we are beginning to score more goals and create more chances. We are still making some individual errors that are costing us points but the team play as a whole is definitely improving.

For me it's not just the points tally that determines if you change the manager. I believe you've also got to look at the trend of the overall performances and due to the attacking improvements witnessed from Bournemouth onwards I believe we are now making progress. Other than the Ipswich and Tottenham games where we lost 2-0 our other losses have all been single goal margins - no one has taken us to the cleaners.

If we can improve our link play in the final third we will create more chances, and if we can sign a striker with a little more quality to finish these chances then we will finish comfortably in mid table.

This is no time to hit the panic button and sack SH. We need to stick with him and the play will continue to improve which in turn will bring us the points we all crave.

Sorry but the cynic in me suggests your a Liverpool fan and Brighton are your second team, I think your past support for Sami as a player is clouding our current league position, Christ we were at one point 23rd yesterday...... Now there would be a melt on here if we had finished the day like that, and we so nearly did.

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
Sorry but the cynic in me suggests your a Liverpool fan and Brighton are your second team, I think your past support for Sami as a player is clouding our current league position, Christ we were at one point 23rd yesterday...... Now there would be a melt on here if we had finished the day like that, and we so nearly did.

Oh you cynic! Brighton are my team but as the name suggests I also watch the reds from afar. Taking the issue of the points themselves to one side for a moment - do you not see an improvement in our play over recent games?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Oh you cynic! Brighton are my team but as the name suggests I also watch the reds from afar. Taking the issue of the points themselves to one side for a moment - do you not see an improvement in our play over recent games?

I do see a slight improvement in our general build up play, but i also see the same defensive mistakes and odd subsitutions. I honestly think the players we have, are better than our position suggests and a better manager would have got better results. His past managerial experience and failure to turn it round worries me, because it seems a mirror image now at the Albion. I don't have the answers I'm just another fan with an opinion like yours. Hope you beat palace today

D

Deleted member 22389

At 3-2 up we should have shut up shop. Why go chasing for another goal against someone like Norwich.
At least we are scoring, but all that good work is being messed up. I knew it was going to happen as well, the words "It won't last" are far too common with us at the moment.

I don't think there is anything wrong with our players, because our results against top teams have been excellent. A team ready for relegation would have lost yesterday.

I was in the Sami camp, then I sat on the fence. I'm still sitting on fence. If we don't get a win in the next two or three matches I personally think we should look around for someone else.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here