Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

16 minutes and 44 seconds ...

Feb 14, 2010
From an outside view point I don't think you guys have too much to worry about. I think Blackpool, Rotherham, Millwall, Birmingham are worse than Albion. Bolton,Wigan,Leeds and huddersfield are no better. You will be fine, Good point today.

For once I agree with you, but even if not then we still have a chairman doing his best and thats all I ask.

Feb 14, 2010
Wow !! Lord B being given a lecture on supporting the Albion.

I heard that during his recent hospital adventures doctors were baffled by his condition because every MRI, X Ray and blood test would come back blue and white.

I mean, really ?

Sorry I didn't know. I will wind my neck in. Sorry Lord B.

You are an ex pat Birmingham fan watching Brighton games. You are born into a football club. You might get affection for another by living in an area, but really, you need to wind your neck in and stop slagging off my football club that is my and others birthright. How many do Birmingham get at home in the lower leagues despite their success compared to us? But you wont understand the point I make. This club is not about the jokers on the pitch.
I'm sorry, but I am completely baffled by this.

What football club do I slag off?

Feb 14, 2010
No worries. I'm happy to debate issues with anyone, but equally happy to bring a heated discussion to an end.

Again, very sorry. I got on a soap box that was completely misguided. I hope you are bearing up well, and give the Albion a chant of seagulls for me against Fulham. For some reason Albion v Fulham always has pulled in the crowds for both clubs.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Im old fashioned like that, you dont choose a football club or ever choose one, you are born into it. You can watch other teams but a football club is like nationality, born with it. The Albion is not really about the bunch of jokers on the pitch, its much much more.

I was born in Brighton, to an Albion supporting father, but I still chose to support Brighton.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Every time I hear 'Keep Right On', a terrible sense of guilt overwhelms me.

I feel very glad I repatriated Junior to the South otherwise he would have sung that and talked like it as well.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I was born in Brighton, to an Albion supporting father, but I still chose to support Brighton.

I was born in Kent, to an Albion supporting father. I too chose to support the Albion. Not sure what WCP's point is here.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I was born in Sussex to a Wolves supporting father.
I chose to support the Albion.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Some of us don't have the luxury of a football supporting father. I drifted through life following a few different teams as a kid. Had a narrow escape when the first live match my dad took me too was Palace v Chelsea at Selhurst. Fortunately the 0-0 bore draw, sat down in a quiet all seater stadium did nothing to inspire me. Sharp contrast to my first game at the Goldstone, standing and feeling the rush of energy I experienced when we scored. Some of us DO choose our football team, and I for one am lucky that's the case!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Some of us don't have the luxury of a football supporting father. I drifted through life following a few different teams as a kid. Had a narrow escape when the first live match my dad took me too was Palace v Chelsea at Selhurst. Fortunately the 0-0 bore draw, sat down in a quiet all seater stadium did nothing to inspire me. Sharp contrast to my first game at the Goldstone, standing and feeling the rush of energy I experienced when we scored. Some of us DO choose our football team, and I for one am lucky that's the case!
Yep I also never had a dad around like many and it takes a while before you finally set your table out
I supported liverpool "if you can call it that"while young and finally settled to my roots aged 13 and followed the albion...To be fair many supported the big clubs while very young as that's all that was on tv,sadly many of these plonkers never grew up and stuck with supporting a northern club that has no relevance to them and a club they've never seen play...How can you get passion supporting manure or liverpool that have no relevance to your life? Weird

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

I have often pondered this, as I too had an albion-supporting dad. Yes, I too chose to support the club, but suspect that I did not really "choose" in the traditional sense, as if there were a load of alternatives. What did the Jesuits say -something about "give me the child for the first 6 years and you have them for life!! Not moaning, of course - one of the best "choices" I have ever made was Albion supporting, warts and all!

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
I was born in Hastings but moved away at 3 and grew up where everyone supported Watford (whilst they were top flight in the 80s). So I very much chose to give in to paternal rather than peer pressure and support the albion.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
My Dad isn't a football fan - to this day I have failed to get him to attend with me, much to my everlasting shame. I was brought up in Sarf London, for much of the time within walking distance of Selhurst Park, but thankfully never went. I went to school in Sussex and took myself along to the Goldstone, aged 13. The rest is history.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
My dad was born and brought up in Streatham but was a lifelong Wycombe Wanderers fan and was in the crowd of 50,000 odd at Highbury in 1931 when they beat Hayes 1-0 to win the FA Amateur Cup. As he neared the end of his life in 1991, Wycombe, under Martin O'Neill, were pushing strongly for promotion to the Football League and, although he was barely with us, would ask every week how Wycombe had got on. I promised him that I would attend their first ever game if and when they made it to the league, which they duly did 2 years later. The excitement when the next seasons fixtures came out was unsurpassed. And there it was.
Carlisle United.
AWAY!
F***!
Sorry dad, but I did make it to their first home game a few days later.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here