Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Norwich City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Day Thread ***

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Championship
Saturday 22 November 2014 3:00 pm
Carrow Road

Norwich (A).JPG

Norwich City vs Brighton & Hove Albion

Norwich City start a run of two home matches hoping a victory against lowly Brighton will steer them into the the promotion play-off places.

Brighton positioned precariously above the relegation zone could drop to next to bottom if they lose and other results go against them.

Referee: GEOFF ELTRINGHAM
Linesmen: Darren Blunden and Ian Fissenden
Fourth Official: Brendan Malone

Score Predictor

Last edited:

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
could end the day anywhere between 15th and 23rd
i have a good feeling about today ...
but what strip will we be wearing?
and is there a stream

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
In Norwich. Wet, gloomy. Local radio think the canaries are going to fly past the seagulls by at least 2 goals.

Who is going to disagree? 2-0 might be a par result if Norwich are on a bad day.

Tettey (defensive) and Howson (central) are arguably two of the best midfielders in the Championship. Redmond is a tidy and quite quick right winger, and Olsson at left back is possibly the best in the Championship.

Norwich have had more shots than any other side in the Championship so far. We are third. Overall 17 - 16.1 Home v Away 21.1 - 13.3 (big difference)

Any team that outguns us possession-wise is going to cause us problems. Overall 53.8 - 53.4 Home v Away 56.2 - 51.8

Passing Home v Away 82.3 - 80

Penalty Area action Home v Away 8.7 - 5.6 (big difference)

On form players: Redmond 7.46 Greer 7.27 (with Dunk missing)

If all goes well I would expect a really hard battle in midfield with both Ince and Bruno in the team to battle it out. At least, I would hope we would try and match them in midfield.

Over 60% of Albion fans predict a home win with 25% of optimists thinking it could be a draw.

Last edited:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I have got it down as a draw 1-1
so we will probably win

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Linesmen?

Wheel loose

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Norwich away = great day out until 3.00 pm after which point it all goes horribly wrong - always.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014
Just arriving in a gloomy Norwich. Let's just hope that doesn't match our countenances come 5pm.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Keep the ball for an hour and then bring on the subs?

Who are the danger men for Norwich at home.

Cameron Jerome, 5 goals in 5 (1) games averaging 4.3 shots per game.

Nathan Redmond not scored at home yet, averaging 4 shots per game, and assisted in 3 goals in 8 games.

Lewis Grabban 4 goals in 6 (2) home games, 1 assist and 3.5 shots per home game.

Our best away striker is Lualua with an average of 2 shots per game 4 (4) games, one goal and one assist which is better than Redmond's away record this season.

Greer is recorded with a goal and an assist as well.

Championship games only.

So is it João Teixeira or Kazenga Lualua? I prefer the latter to start as he gives the ball away a lot less.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I feel this game is a bit like Liverpool going to Real Madrid. Make sure the players are up for the more important game against Fulham next week? Keep it down to 1-0 and call it a success?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here