Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who would you play in goal against Norwich?

Who would you play in goal against Norwich?

• Christian Walton

Votes: 62 55.9%
  • David Stockdale

Votes: 46 41.4%
  • Casper Ankergren

Votes: 3 2.7%

• Total voters

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Walton should have kept the shirt, appalling decision to overturn the holder. Stock should have saved first and was very slow to get down for harder 3rd. See above for views on 2nd I missed...if Stockdale had cost £1,000 not £1m he wouldn't have got his place back. Can Hyppia drop him after letting 3 in, I doubt he has the cojones

Tbh, with 'supporters' like you, Walton's probably glad he's not playing.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I have been known to criticise Stockdale

Really? We'd not noticed.

but couldnt find too much wrong with him today

Never mind, there's always next week.

I am still waiting for that super save that earns us points

He made three good saves today, which did exactly that. (And you obviously missed the Rotherham match, because the reflex save from Greer's slice, was as good a save as you'll see anywhere, all season).

People's lack of objectivity absolutely baffles me. It's like once they've pinned their negative colours to a particular mast, they can't possibly see any good in their target, lest it contradicts their previous opinions. Stockdale has made some really good saves, and has been clearly culpable for two or three goals conceded. A refusal to recognise either is just embarrassing and renders your argument invalid.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Agreed. Walton has done just fine, but people were queuing up to heap praise on him for routine saves that Stockdale would have been criticised for not catching, for example.

Stockdale had a good game today, couldn't have done a thing about any of the goals (somebody said it was a poor throw out from him which eventually led to their first goal: that may be- I can't recall- but every goal comes from somebody surrendering possession somewhere on the park so why target Stockdale specifically?).

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Walton should have kept the shirt, appalling decision to overturn the holder. Stock should have saved first and was very slow to get down for harder 3rd. See above for views on 2nd I missed...if Stockdale had cost £1,000 not £1m he wouldn't have got his place back.

And if Walton was 29 not 19 you'd be questioning his positioning & handling on a couple of goals/ saves so far in his short career.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here