Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hamilton or Rosberg which do you want to be the World Champion?

Hamilton or Rosberg - who do you want to see as World Champion

• Total voters

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I would like Hamilton to win it but have a feeling that his car will suffer a failure and he won't complete the race, meaning that Rosberg will win the title. (German team engineer a failure for the British driver so that the German driver wins the title for a German team which will probably be their winning preference)

Would Hamilton have already won the title if Rosberg hadn't deliberately hit Hamilton, (something he later admitted?) forcing Hamilton's retirement from the race? (can't remember which one race it was now)

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Would Hamilton have already won the title if Rosberg hadn't deliberately hit Hamilton, (something he later admitted?) forcing Hamilton's retirement from the race? (can't remember which one race it was now)

Not quite. Even if Lewis had gone on to win that race, that would have given him 25 more points increasing his current lead to 42. So with 50 for the winner on Sunday, it would still not be mathematically done and dusted yet.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I want Rosberg to win because Hamilton just rubs me up the wrong way. If it's a result of double points though that will sour the whole thing for me.

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
I put 'meh' , you should really ask Mercedes they probably have sorted out the final positions after the incident when Rosberg went into Lewis on purpose .

Double points in the last race is stupid .

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
It has to be Hamilton. Even ignoring the fact that he's British, he has been clearly the better driver. If he suffers mechanical problems at this race, enabling Rosberg to edge home courtesy of double points, then that would be unjust IMHO.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
For the good of the sport F1 officials must be praying Hamilton finishes in the Top 2. He has outperformed Rosberg this season, so for the credibility of the sport you need the best to come out on top.

As a side issue, I'll be watching Massa with interest. It would be ironic if he made contact with Hamilton and deprived him of the Championship, gaining some revenge for Brazil GP 2008.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Hamilton for me.

Perhaps if he and Rosberg are both on the front row, he'll do what his hero Ayrton Senna did in Japan in 1990.

arfer guinness

Feb 15, 2007
Having met Rosberg on a couple of occasions and even had a drink with him I hope he wins. Whoever ends up as champion has managed it by only beating his team mate, the car is that far advanced and in my opinion has made this year one of the worst championships on record. Just as well Alonso isn't in the best car because I think we could have seen the first whitewash.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Having met Rosberg on a couple of occasions and even had a drink with him I hope he wins. Whoever ends up as champion has managed it by only beating his team mate, the car is that far advanced and in my opinion has made this year one of the worst championships on record. Just as well Alonso isn't in the best car because I think we could have seen the first whitewash.

Alonso would have won the races that Hamilton failed to finish?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'd rather he won out on the track, but if it looks in doubt a full on Banzai charge at some point would not disappoint me.

If he's near enough to him to drive into him, then he's near enough to cruise along behind him and pick up the points he needs, anyway - would still be funny though.

That said, if I were Hamilton, and my car developed a fault, that meant I knew I was not going to reach the end of the race, then it would be game on...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

You sound like a Spaniard :lolol:

Alonso is good but Hamilton would give him a run for his money.

Alonso couldn't beat Hamilton more than 50% of the time when Hamilton was in his first season in F1 at MClaren so he wouldn't be doing it any more often now.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You sound like a Spaniard :lolol:

Alonso is good but Hamilton would give him a run for his money.

Alonso couldn't beat Hamilton more than 50% of the time when Hamilton was in his first season in F1 at MClaren so he wouldn't be doing it any more often now.

He is English and travels the world watching F1 but I also know, as he sits reasonably near me at The Amex, he cannot stand Hamilton as a person disregarding driving ability.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hamilton puts down a marker by being quickest in both practice sessions today as he's done in pretty well every Friday practice session this season apart from at the last Grand Prix in Brazil ( I think)

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
This must be a British thing, not rooting for the successful local sportsman,we rather would make the plucky losing under dog like Damon Hill, Frank Bruno, Eddie the eagle as far more popular. Hamilton to beat the Geman in a German car is a no brainer for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here