Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale is back. March back in full training.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm I being too cynical to suggest March is back just in time to be sold in January?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You are obviously young enough to remember and recall every moment in every game, as I used to be able, but sadly not now, and I just remember the general points. But it doent change my views or opinions[/QUOTE

How can your opinion or view be justified if you can only remember parts of games and not the whole game?
It does rather blow your opinions and views to bits.
You must have forgotten the two penalty saves he has made.

I remember for a few days or couple of weeks but to say against Middlesbro or Bolton he did this or that. I could easily mix the games up. I do remember him pushing one shot against Middlesbro back which I think was a straight forward save that he should have pushed around the post as per Al Habsi at Bournemouth or caught it as per Walton against Rotherham. I remember the terrible mistake he mad to let Jones score for Cardiff and I am sure there are more if people reminded me by highlighting them. What penalty saves?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I remember for a few days or couple of weeks but to say against Middlesbro or Bolton he did this or that. I could easily mix the games up. I do remember him pushing one shot against Middlesbro back which I think was a straight forward save that he should have pushed around the post as per Al Habsi at Bournemouth or caught it as per Walton against Rotherham. I remember the terrible mistake he mad to let Jones score for Cardiff and I am sure there are more if people reminded me by highlighting them. What penalty saves?

1. Stockdale played against Rotherham, not Walton.
2. You'd have considered Stockdale culpable for the second Bournemouth goal (Al Habsi) and the Blackburn goal (Walton).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Should have been Wigan

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009

See, you have already forgotten. Its called selective memory

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

1. Stockdale played against Rotherham, not Walton.
2. You'd have considered Stockdale culpable for the second Bournemouth goal (Al Habsi) and the Blackburn goal (Walton).

1. I admitted that should have been Wigan
2. That is you misreading I didnt say that

See the highlighted parts for further explanation.........as per

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Its one person, with his built in opinion the Stockdale is a piss poor keeper and a waste of money.

Sadly if one person says it often enough it starts to be accepted as fact and the others that hear it can also start to spread it around too. (pyramid effect)

So many of the moans and complaints about this season have started like this and a lot of the grumbles about some of our players too - it doesn't make it true but it can lead to fans being concerned when certain players are playing (deemed not good enough, etc...) like Casper and Stockdale (seemingly originating from Stockdales desire to improve his match sharpness pre-season by playing for the under 21's, etc therefore he is out of form, poor, unfit, etc....) Makes you wonder if PIG had done similar whether he would be deemed inadequate too and made to feel under more pressure each game and any tiny fault (real or percieved) highlighted for use to undermine him and his place in the team.

The new signings arrived when some fans were in a bit of a panic about the lack of new signings and that negativity towards the club / panicky charactistic has continued.

The way this woman reacts to something quite trivial reminds me of some of our fans last summer, i wonder if she posts on here?
[yt]B8kBL_-EWMg[/yt]

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
I'm I being too cynical to suggest March is back just in time to be sold in January?

My first thought as well, I'm sure a couple of weeks ago he still had a mystery back injury and they have spent months trying to find out what the problem is, do I take it that the cause has now been identified and cured in the last week.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Not sure I agree, think he should have turned it round the post. From 36secs on

Stockdale has made the odd mistake -- Cardiff, most prominently -- but this seems to have given people license to say that any goal he concedes constitutes a mistake. This one, for instance, was a first-time shot going into the bottom left hand corner from eight yards out. I think if you ask most professional goalkeepers, they'd say that they'd be looking to stop these, and that holding on to the ball, or knocking it out for a corner/to the touchline would be a bonus.
Just saying.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

October...
How are you feeling Solly ? - "I'm fine . Can I play?"
Physio Adam (in on the conspiracy) - "Sorry Solly. Far far too dangerous."

Solly keeps quiet.

A month later

How are you feeling Solly ? - "I'm fine . I want to play for the u21s. Can I play?"
Sami (also in on the conspiracy and obviously keen to weaken his squad) - "Don't be ridiculous. Wait til December's, cough, shop window, i mean Derby County Away"

Solly says nothing. (clearly wants to be sold)

Kazenga Lua Lua (also in on the conspiracy) fails to notice and tweet about it.

and so on. OBVIOUSLY THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS. And Andy Naylor wouldn't spot it would HE. (also probably in on the conspiracy).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just watched it again and am convinced it was easy to push to the side of the goal, if not for a corner. I couldnt pause it but it looked like it hit his arm near the elbow rather than his hand but cant be certain.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
October...
How are you feeling Solly ? - "I'm fine . Can I play?"
Physio Adam (in on the conspiracy) - "Sorry Solly. Far far too dangerous."

Solly keeps quiet.

A month later

How are you feeling Solly ? - "I'm fine . I want to play for the u21s. Can I play?"
Sami (also in on the conspiracy and obviously keen to weaken his squad) - "Don't be ridiculous. Wait til December's, cough, shop window, i mean Derby County Away"

Solly says nothing. (clearly wants to be sold)

Kazenga Lua Lua (also in on the conspiracy) fails to notice and tweet about it.

and so on. OBVIOUSLY THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS. And Andy Naylor wouldn't spot it would HE. (also probably in on the conspiracy).

So you agree as well :lol:

You know I'm no conspiratorist (that is a word), just saying for March to be sold he needs to be fit and playing nowish.
He wouldn't be the first injury ravaged Albion player to miraculously find full match fitness when with their new club.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
So you agree as well :lol:

You know I'm no conspiratorist (that is a word), just saying for March to be sold he needs to be fit and playing nowish.
He wouldn't be the first Albion player to miraculously find full match fitness when with their new club.

Just cause Will Buckley isn't currently injured doesn't mean the club are fattening all the turkeys for christmas does it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here