Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Housing for the poor?

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
There is very little public funding. However, housing associations have plenty of reserves to develop. Without public funding though, it just isn't enough.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Tax buy-to-let landlords up to the eyeballs so they all discard their 'investment portfolios' and free up the housing for those that need it. Obviously.

Although I agree with you that wont solve the shortage.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
We need to subsidies the building of new homes not the paying of rent it's just more cost effective. We need to tax planning gain and incentivize use of urban empty land however small

argh, no! why penalise those agents of change? and this is contradictary anyway, subsidies building but tax the increase value of land, but then incentivise small (ineffcient or ineffective) development? this will not help at all. the reason we are where we are is several decades of trying to restrict or contain every single development. if you want change, then allow change.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
To be honest though, isn't your question subjective? Like the capital has tiny multi-million pound garages for sale, which could be better spent on a large detached mansion in the Cotswolds.

Is it alright if I blame Tony Blair's government for relaxing legislation to allow and encourage migrants to come here and steal our houses? :p

Mmmm .... I smell another Party Political thread about to start. :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here