Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UKIP MP number 2 coming up.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I actually find it insulting when I hear things like "The NHS wouldn't survive without immigration" actually it used to survive without it, the only reason we need so many foreign Doctors and Nurses now is because we have not trained enough of our own people, and we are treating more people than ever, not helped due to the increased numbers because of things like immigration in the first place. It is the complete dismisal of these sorts of facts that annoy me.

Start training our own people and make degrees affordable so we don't need to recruit so many people from abroad.

The NHS has been dependent on immigration for the last 50 years at least. There has always been a shortfall of GPs , doctors and nurses leading to backfilling from outside of the UK.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
The NHS has been dependent on immigration for the last 50 years at least. There has always been a shortfall of GPs , doctors and nurses leading to backfilling from outside of the UK.

well then that just goes tells you that we must start encouraging and training our own instead of being reliant abroad.
the problem has never been addressed properly.. just swept under the carpet like everything else has been.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
well then that just goes tells you that we must start encouraging and training our own instead of being reliant abroad.
the problem has never been addressed properly.. just swept under the carpet like everything else has been.

As always the situation is more complicated than it appears............

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/h...1000-new-doctors-could-face-unemployment.html

Even when given a foundation course and qualified just as selfish Doctors in poor countries are attracted by the riches of the UK Taxpayer, many British born and trained doctors seek a better life abroad, usually to the stable commonwealth counties that have kind of sensible immigration controls the UK can currently only dream of.......

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2013/dec/27/exodus-nhs-doctors-australia

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/h...ors-planning-to-leave-NHS-to-work-abroad.html

Personally, if I was in charge I would confiscate their NHS pension funds to cover the 250k investment by the UK taxpayer............seems only fair to me.

I actually find it insulting when I hear things like "The NHS wouldn't survive without immigration" actually it used to survive without it, the only reason we need so many foreign Doctors and Nurses now is because we have not trained enough of our own people, and we are treating more people than ever, not helped due to the increased numbers because of things like immigration in the first place. It is the complete dismisal of these sorts of facts that annoy me.

Start training our own people and make degrees affordable so we don't need to recruit so many people from abroad.
Is it not curious that the advocates of bigger bonuses for bankers (to retain "the best staff") are not arguing that NHS nurses should be offered bonuses worth twice their annual salaries to keep doing their jobs?

D

Deleted member 22389

Is it not curious that the advocates of bigger bonuses for bankers (to retain "the best staff") are not arguing that NHS nurses should be offered bonuses worth twice their annual salaries to keep doing their jobs?

I completely agree with you on this. What happened with banks was an absolute disgrace to this country. The bonus culture is still alive and kicking.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009

It is strange, if the problem as you see it is that the NHS is not capitalist enough and needs to introduce bonuses to (a) keep people in their jobs and (b) boost performance then people may need to confront privatisation.

You can't be a little bit pregnant........all or nothing.

D

Deleted member 22389

I have no problem with Foreign Doctors or Nurses, they all do a fantastic job, it would just be nice for our governments to put some emphasis on training our own for a change, so we don't need to recruit people from outside the UK. Part of that could be subidising the cost of education fees. Governments are happy to spend billions on Foreign aid every year, and send 50 million pounds a day on this bullshit Euro Club.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
As always the situation is more complicated than it appears............

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/h...1000-new-doctors-could-face-unemployment.html

Even when given a foundation course and qualified just as selfish Doctors in poor countries are attracted by the riches of the UK Taxpayer, many British born and trained doctors seek a better life abroad, usually to the stable commonwealth counties that have kind of sensible immigration controls the UK can currently only dream of.......

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2013/dec/27/exodus-nhs-doctors-australia

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/h...ors-planning-to-leave-NHS-to-work-abroad.html

Personally, if I was in charge I would confiscate their NHS pension funds to cover the 250k investment by the UK taxpayer............seems only fair to me.

I'd agree.
problem for me (just like the telegraph article had pointed out) is there is way to much red tape & bureaucracy and I'd hazard a guess implemented by the EU, do away with all that kind of bollocks and then you are half way there.
I find it hard to believe gp's over in oz receive a better rate of pay and less working hours than that of over here in the uk.

It is strange, if the problem as you see it is that the NHS is not capitalist enough and needs to introduce bonuses to (a) keep people in their jobs and (b) boost performance then people may need to confront privatisation.

You can't be a little bit pregnant........all or nothing.
Don't get me wrong. I'm against the whole idea of bonuses.

My old dad (who died in 1982) worked in banking for his whole career and rose to a very senior position in the organisation that employed him (head of UK retail banking). He was paid a decent salary and never received a bonus payment.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
I have no problem with Foreign Doctors or Nurses, they all do a fantastic job, it would just be nice for our governments to put some emphasis on training our own for a change, so we don't need to recruit people from outside the UK. Part of that could be subidising the cost of education fees. Governments are happy to spend billions on Foreign aid every year, and send 50 million pounds a day on this bullshit Euro Club.

totally agreed mate you are absolutely bang on.
the establishment are obsessed to f*ck with overseas aid, political correctness, and like you say mate that corrupt shrine of a sh*t hole in brussels than to ever recognise the problems they have left behind.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

The problem is the doctors and nurses we put through world class training can be cherry picked where countries such as Australia can at least double or triple their salary in the UK.

D

Deleted member 22389

The problem is the doctors and nurses we put through world class training can be cherry picked where countries such as Australia can at least double or triple their salary in the UK.

I didn't honestly know Australia cherry picks our best people, but saying that I have heard the cost of living is a lot higher over there.
They should gaurantee people a job in the NHS, also a reduction in tution fees. They need to do something.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
VACUUM cleaner tycoon Sir James Dyson yesterday stepped up his backing for Britain to leave the EU.
"Speaking before a visit yesterday by Prime Minister David Cameron to his Wiltshire HQ, Sir James told an interviewer he did “not particularly” want to stay in the EU.
“I think it’s an EU dominated by Germany,” he said.
“In our particular field we have these large German companies who dominate standard setting and energy reduction committees, and so we get old technology supported and not new technology.”
Confirming he would vote to leave, he added: “I want to keep European free trade and free movement of peoples but I don’t see that we need to be dominated and bullied by the Germans.
I think it’s an EU dominated by Germany
He said he wanted immigration laws that allowed “the right sort of people to stay here"
http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/538488/Why-we-must-quit-EU-tycoon-Sir-James-Dyson

Dyson not sucking up to the EU..........

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Don't get me wrong. I'm against the whole idea of bonuses.

My old dad (who died in 1982) worked in banking for his whole career and rose to a very senior position in the organisation that employed him (head of UK retail banking). He was paid a decent salary and never received a bonus payment.

Fair enough, I don't either, I think NHS staff should be paid a fair wage, these days having a state pension is a bonus in itself. I may be in a minority but I don't eulogise the NHS, amongst the great care provided there is waste, corruption, fraud and scandals such as South Staffs and the Liverpool Pathway.

Sadly until the NHS is depoliticised we won't get a handle on this problem and it's burden on the taxpayer will continue.

For the record, my old Dad was a roof tiler (now 84) worked all his life for a shit wage and had no bonus payment either.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
VACUUM cleaner tycoon Sir James Dyson yesterday stepped up his backing for Britain to leave the EU.
"Speaking before a visit yesterday by Prime Minister David Cameron to his Wiltshire HQ, Sir James told an interviewer he did “not particularly” want to stay in the EU.
“I think it’s an EU dominated by Germany,” he said.
“In our particular field we have these large German companies who dominate standard setting and energy reduction committees, and so we get old technology supported and not new technology.”
Confirming he would vote to leave, he added: “I want to keep European free trade and free movement of peoples but I don’t see that we need to be dominated and bullied by the Germans.
I think it’s an EU dominated by Germany
He said he wanted immigration laws that allowed “the right sort of people to stay here"
http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/538488/Why-we-must-quit-EU-tycoon-Sir-James-Dyson

Dyson not sucking up to the EU..........

I did hear a report by the EU saying that they were going to knock all hoovers with a certain wattage on the head and that ban has now extended to all electrical equipment because of their ridiculous obsession with the ozone, basically f*cking up the entire electrical industry.
if you want to by a quality hoover or anything else electrical buy it now because very shortly they'll be swiped off the market.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here