Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Malky to Wigan.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
Oh well - that's another club that'll finish above us then. I suppose that, as we sink into League One (or as I still think of it, Division Three), we'll be able to claim the moral high ground. Tough and unjust as that is, at least we'll be able to look at ourselves in the mirror every morning without having to admit we've sold our great old club's integrity down the river. I'm not sure anyone outside the club will think that, though.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
The trouble for Mr. Mackay is that now he's employed within FA circles again, the FA have the jurisdiction to charge him with the offences we were all (hopefully) appalled by. The supposition that he wouldn't be charged was based on a supposition that the FA would be able to charge a non-employee. My understanding is that they wouldn't have been allowed to, hence why he hasn't been charged yet.

Now he's 'back in the fold' he could be charged and, maybe, banned for a long period of time. Fingers crossed, eh?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The trouble for Mr. Mackay is that now he's employed within FA circles again, the FA have the jurisdiction to charge him with the offences we were all (hopefully) appalled by. The supposition that he wouldn't be charged was based on a supposition that the FA would be able to charge a non-employee. My understanding is that they wouldn't have been allowed to, hence why he hasn't been charged yet.

Now he's 'back in the fold' he could be charged and, maybe, banned for a long period of time. Fingers crossed, eh?

Wigan will be entitled to sack Mackay if he is found guilty. It's in his contract, according to Whelan.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30121299

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
At least they didn't give the job to a ****ing foreigner!

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Surprised at Wigan. Not because Malkay has some 'old fashioned' views, football is awash with them. I'm more surprised that any chairman hires a manager who has financial question marks over his head. Then again, Harry is always employed, why am I surprised?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Anyone else get 'The Fiver' email? Today's quote of the day:

“I can confirm Malky Mackay has applied and we will speak to him. I believe he deserves a fair hearing. We’ve had over 20 applications and started interviews on Tuesday” – Dave Whelan starts the Wigan interview process yesterday in response to the club being linked with a move for the controverisal former Cardiff manager.

Still, 20 applications? Well, an exhaustive interview process is going to take a wh…

“[Malky Mackay] is the man to lead us back into the Premier League” – Dave Whelan ends the Wigan interview process less than 24 hours later with depressing inevitability.​

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Anyone else get 'The Fiver' email? Today's quote of the day:

“I can confirm Malky Mackay has applied and we will speak to him. I believe he deserves a fair hearing. We’ve had over 20 applications and started interviews on Tuesday” – Dave Whelan starts the Wigan interview process yesterday in response to the club being linked with a move for the controverisal former Cardiff manager.

Still, 20 applications? Well, an exhaustive interview process is going to take a wh…

“[Malky Mackay] is the man to lead us back into the Premier League” – Dave Whelan ends the Wigan interview process less than 24 hours later with depressing inevitability.​

The other 19 applications all came from Paul Ince.

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
One of Wigan Athletic's shirt sponsors has ended its agreement with the club following the appointment of new manager Malky Mackay.

Kitchen firm Premier Range - which carries a logo on the back of the Championship club's kit - said it was in an "untenable" position.

More to follow...

Jaguar_uk

Jun 1, 2013
Looks like - despite his shameful comments. Whelan is ready to interview him for the job.

If he was avaliable would you go for him? For me, I hope we wouldn't just on an ethics basis.

Ever heard of "innocent until proven guilty"? You are typical of all the right on politically correctness that infects this site, numpty.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Ever heard of "innocent until proven guilty"? You are typical of all the right on politically correctness that infects this site, numpty.

Are you suggesting he didn't do anything wrong? Because that would be news to Malky Mackay, who has admitted sending a couple of the emails and apologised for it.

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/9435082/malky-mackay-apologises (video)
http://www1.skysports.com/football/...ses-for-offensive-texts-while-cardiff-manager (text)

He has confessed to sending three unacceptable and inappropriate emails. His confessions proves it.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Say what you like about Whelan. But if anyone said 20 years ago that little old Wigan (a rugby town) would get to the prem, staying there for years, win the FA Cup and play in Europe, they would have locked them up in Broadmoor..He thinks Malky is the man to keep them up and I think he is probably right. Takes a better man to make a change and admit he got it wrong, than to keep walking down a blind alley.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
One of Wigan Athletic's shirt sponsors has ended its agreement with the club following the appointment of new manager Malky Mackay.

Kitchen firm Premier Range - which carries a logo on the back of the Championship club's kit - said it was in an "untenable" position.

More to follow...

Went to their website and still there .. "Official sponsor of Wigan" .. someone should be in for a bollacking or delay the announcement till they got it off?

Maybe Wigan will see a legal opportunity?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here