Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can we have an NSC answer bank? My 1st question is....

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Why all over Worthing are there 'Emergency roadworks' signs up at so many junctions but not a ****ing **** of a worker anywhere to be seen. They obviously don't really see it as an emergency at do they the ****ing wankers.

They've all retired.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Whilst thinking about automatic things in public toilets. Can anyone give me one single justified reason for the 'Dettol No-touch Antibacterial Hand Wash'?

The idea is that you don't have to touch that grubby soap pump and get peoples pooey germs all over your hands. The only problem I see with it is that YOU'RE JUST ABOUT TO WASH YOUR HANDS OTHERWISE YOU WOULDN'T BE DISPENSING SOAP TO WASH YOUR HANDS.

Can anyone tell me why it exists? Am I missing something?

I can only assume that it is to stop the dispenser itself being contaminated with faeces / knob cheese etc, so that when anyone touches said dispenser, without the intention of washing ones hands, they are not contaminated with bum dung or the like.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I can only assume that it is to stop the dispenser itself being contaminated with faeces / knob cheese etc, so that when anyone touches said dispenser, without the intention of washing ones hands, they are not contaminated with bum dung or the like.
And what of the soap dispenser is empty? Then you've touched the soap handle for no reason.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Was it one of the older incarnations? The current Magnus Volk bus is one of the shiny new hybrid ones, but there was an original fleet model with the same name.

Going by this, it looks like some bus company in the west country is buying up the old Brighton & Hove Buses fleet and doing minimal re-branding to turn them into the Nailsea to Bristol Express :ohmy: Maria Fitzherbert will be spinning in her grave, I'm sure. Whoever she was.

[tweet]267957634215317504[/tweet]

Maria Fitzherbert was the mistress of the Prince Regent. She lived in, what is now, the YMCA building. There is rumoured to be a tunnel directly from the Royal Pavilion to the house.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
New question. What is the population of Shoreham by Sea? One site says 53000 another says 19000.
In fact could anyone on here break down the population in the Albions catchment area?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Why are they replacing so many street lights in towns across Sussex? I can understand that the light fixtures themselves might need updating from time to time, but why a completely new pole as well? Looks to me like another waste of taxpayers' money.
Councils are switching over to LED street lighting will save money in the long term.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
When we receive an automated call that automatically hangs up when you answer, what is it's purpose?

I've got this one chaps...

Basically that is where a bulk dialler has rung maybe 20 or so numbers at a time, if it connects to one, it automatically cuts the rest off.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
does anyone know if this is a question or a statement

Oh dear

If the above is referring to my question, and it is a question because it has a question mark at the end, then yes, it is a question...

If what you have written is a standalone entity, it is in the form of a question, but rendered indeterminate by the omission of a question mark at the end :thumbsup:

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I've got this one chaps...

Basically that is where a bulk dialler has rung maybe 20 or so numbers at a time, if it connects to one, it automatically cuts the rest off.

Or the salesgirl has been chatting to her boyfriend for 50 minutes and needs to get up to a dozen calls inside the hour to meet her outbound target level

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I did notice about Jan/Feb that a Crawley tipper firm were shifting shingle from butted up against the west wall of the Marina and running it along the front to probably where Carrats Cafe is on Shoreham harbour. About two weeks it took them, so they literally took it back from whence it came :lolol:

Indeed, we can put a man on the moon but thousands of road truck movements still cant be beaten to move millions of pebbles 6 Miles to a place 1/2 mile away from where they were originally
Moving on, Carats was the name given to it by the original owner who was....ginger

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Roland Barthes has a lot to answer for...

Oh I don't know, for someone who made a study of signs, he wasn't good at road signs. If he was, he might not have stepped out in front of the laundry van that killed him

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I have another question. Does anyone know how much it has cost to install all the 20mph signs around B&H? Must be a rather large chunk of taxpayers money. And if the police are not enforcing it, then a complete waste of money. Well done Greens.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I think the Council have a statutory obligation to mark all speed limits, except 30, on urban roads within the city limits, regardless of whether the Old William enforce them...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I actually want to know now......

The Bristol Tramways and Carriage Company built buses for other bus companies including BH&D. In 1955 the bus building part of the company was spun out as Bristol Commercial Vehicles and this continued until 1983 when it was subsumed into the then parent company , Leyland. BH&D ordered many classes of vehicle from Bristol since the 1930's including the K and variants , Lodekka and variants , RE and variants and VRT. The final batch of 8 Bristol K's delivered in 1957 were 7'6" wide and used specifically for routes going up AND down St James's Street.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here