Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else's Amex sponsor logo sticker peeling off their new shirt ??

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
That would have been before Errea incorporated the sponsor's logo into the material - something I don't think Nike will ever be doing. I think dealing with Nike will bite them in the bum.
BRING BACK ERREA!

Nike, Puma and Adidas seem these days only to do transfers, whether it's Barcelona, Brighton or Bognor. I think the problem here could simply the size of the transfer, the insistence by the sponsor to have a large white block behind their logotype could well be the problem, rather than the transfer process.

Errea did both for us over a period of time, the first 4 seasons we had it printed in the fabric, then the change in 2004 which ran through to 2010 coincided with the general move within the industry towards heat pressed sponsors. We reverted back to printed in the fabric in 2010 with Errea producing a run of 3 unique designs for the Albion until last season.

Maybe in future the big manufacturers will offer sublimated bespoke designs, however, I think it more likely they'll improve the heat press technology. It is generally very good these days, but the current sponsor logo on our shirt is a bit heavy handed IMO, and that size could be more likely the reason for the problems mentioned here.

Nike normally produce top quality shirts, I've had my hands on quite a few of their recent shirts for other teams and they can't really be faulted as a product, I'd imagine they're going to be very disappointed, and embarrased, if this turns out to be more than an isolated problem.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Just got my 5 years olds club shirt out ready for after school football club and noticed the sponsors sticker is peeling away in both of the top corners already :annoyed::annoyed::annoyed:!!

He's only had it since September and only worn it for about 5 after school football clubs (half hour indoor games so hardly hi impact) and under his coat at home games, anyone else's doing the same and do you think I can take it back for an exchange???

Help
Take it back.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
thanks everyone, well here's an update, I wrote to the club shop about it and they have now replied saying it has happened on just one or two rare occasions !!!! but if I bring it in it will be easily fixed and they will 'press' it back on again ???

No mention of a refund so I will have to try this first I suppose. I can't imagine it will be successful though, surely most of the adhesive will be non adhesive now

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Nike, Puma and Adidas seem these days only to do transfers, whether it's Barcelona, Brighton or Bognor. I think the problem here could simply the size of the transfer, the insistence by the sponsor to have a large white block behind their logotype could well be the problem, rather than the transfer process.

Errea did both for us over a period of time, the first 4 seasons we had it printed in the fabric, then the change in 2004 which ran through to 2010 coincided with the general move within the industry towards heat pressed sponsors. We reverted back to printed in the fabric in 2010 with Errea producing a run of 3 unique designs for the Albion until last season.

Maybe in future the big manufacturers will offer sublimated bespoke designs, however, I think it more likely they'll improve the heat press technology. It is generally very good these days, but the current sponsor logo on our shirt is a bit heavy handed IMO, and that size could be more likely the reason for the problems mentioned here.

Nike normally produce top quality shirts, I've had my hands on quite a few of their recent shirts for other teams and they can't really be faulted as a product, I'd imagine they're going to be very disappointed, and embarrased, if this turns out to be more than an isolated problem.

Phil- maybe you can answer this. Nike have been employed by Brighton to make a bespoke home kit, they then say they do not make a stripped kit that stops to allow for a sponsor in the middle. Surely a bespoke kit means that if we ask for that then they should do it, in other words, the kit is not bespoke is it?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Nike didn't really make a bespoke kit for us, it is a montage of 3 of their standard kits. The striped section is their 'Inter' template I believe it's called. The collar is from their hooped design (what QPR have) and the sleeves are generic Nike sleeves with the wide band cuff. Nike don't (currently) have a stripe design template with a break in it, so there was none to chose from, but you're right, it would have been an obvious choice.

Bespoke kits from Nike are costly, and this exercise by the Albion seems to have been made to make money, not cost money. The Albion sell a lot of shirts (for a team at this level) so maximising the money made is a big incentive to keep the cost of producing the shirt as low priced as possible.

Last season at least 2 other teams around the world have exactly the same combination template shirt as ours, albeit in different colourways, check out Malagas 2013/14 kit for example.

If Nike come up with new striped fabric templates for the 2016/17 season then hopefully we'll see a kit without the massive heat pressed patch.

It's no secret that I was disappointed when we chose Nike, mostly because of their (previous) appalling record on workers rights at their factories. But also because I knew we'd end up with a kit that wasn't really designed for us, and I'd grown quite fond of Erreas efforts over the past few seasons. I especially likes the ones that had seagull emblems, and the B&H crest formed in the shadow pattern if the fabric, but the last 2 were Classic Albion kits IMO, it could be a while before we have something like them again. That said, if Nike get it right, we end up with a well made product, that looks classy, and sells in good numbers, which is also good.

Dec 29, 2011
thanks everyone, well here's an update, I wrote to the club shop about it and they have now replied saying it has happened on just one or two rare occasions !!!! but if I bring it in it will be easily fixed and they will 'press' it back on again ???

No mention of a refund so I will have to try this first I suppose. I can't imagine it will be successful though, surely most of the adhesive will be non adhesive now

Although it's nice of them to offer to fix it, if you want a refund you're entitled to one. The shirt is faulty and hasn't lived up to reasonable expectations when you purchased it. You may need a proof of purchase but a bank statement is sufficient in the eyes of the law. Push for a refund IMO (or at least a replacement), if it is one of a few isolated cases why should you be made to live with it? Demand a shirt that isn't faulty or a refund.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Although it's nice of them to offer to fix it, if you want a refund you're entitled to one. The shirt is faulty and hasn't lived up to reasonable expectations when you purchased it. You may need a proof of purchase but a bank statement is sufficient in the eyes of the law. Push for a refund IMO (or at least a replacement), if it is one of a few isolated cases why should you be made to live with it? Demand a shirt that isn't faulty or a refund.

Exactly this, after all, it is an isolated instance.

The clubs record with transfers this year has been appalling.

Stunning response chap, very we'll played indeed :clap:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
If I could be sure it would all come off with no damage to the shirt I probably would but for £35 and just 2 months worth of wear from a 5 year old (its not exactly been involved in hard fought midfield battles or matches in the mud) it's a pretty poor deal
How did football get to such a state where fans like you...don't know shirts are a rip off?!! Sorry, lesson learned I hope?

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
for anyone who gives a sh*t

Just been in to the store, showed the shirt, quick chat with supervisor and they swapped it for a new one without any issue at all

So a big well done and thanks to the club shop and in a content mood, I then walked around and spent nearly £90 on BHA xmas presents which I wouldn't have done if they'd been unreasonable & said no, so everyone's a winner.

cheers all

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here