Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England v Scotland: Do you care?

Do you care about England Vs Scotland?

• Total voters

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Used to love going to England v Scotland in the 70s and 80s, proper scary games, loads and loads of mental drunken scottish loons, who were quite a good laugh(usually)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
So, England are playing Scotland tomorrow night. I don't really see the point of playing them to be honest, it's a waste of a game as far as I'm concerned. We'll not learn much from playing in what will essentially be a premier league/f.a cup game. Still, it's the first time we've played them since the euro 2000 play off games...or at least that's what I thought until someone told me we played them last year. That one seems to have completely passed me by as I have absolutely no recollection of it. We won 3-2 at Wembley, apparently.

All of the above suggests to me that I really don't care about playing Scotland. I guess there must be enough people that care about the game otherwise why would we take it? Do you?

I think the Scot's will be up for it but sadly they are not the team they used to be, so, no I will probably not watch. Anyway, is on Sky ? At least if the Scot's give it a go it will be a real match for centurion Wayne Rooney, It just makes me wonder how many caps the likes of Bobby Moore would have got if they shoe horned in as many friendlies and meaningless qualifying matches that a jobbing England player gets these days.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
I obviously must care as I've spent ca. £200 on flights, match ticket, hotel etc. Very much looking forward to what should be a momentous atmosphere and a proper, hard fought game of football. Looking forward a bit less to running the gauntlet of east Glasgow and having to queue for anything up to two hours to collect my ticket (the FA have refused to let us have them before match day).

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I absolutely hate them, up there with Palace. I've been many times including 87 and 89 and trust me if you had been to either of those you would know the meaning of rivalry. I find all this we don't care about England crap sad to be honest, still each to their own. Watch some two bob rubbish on channel four if you will and pretend you are a 'new football fan'...not for me.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Went to the 87 game at Hampden ,the day England Fans got off their backsides finally and took 6000 North of the border .The bullying finally stopped that day and boy did they not like it ,always want to beat them above any other nation closely followed by the plastic turncoats.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I think the Scot's will be up for it but sadly they are not the team they used to be, so, no I will probably not watch. Anyway, is on Sky ? At least if the Scot's give it a go it will be a real match for centurion Wayne Rooney, It just makes me wonder how many caps the likes of Bobby Moore would have got if they shoe horned in as many friendlies and meaningless qualifying matches that a jobbing England player gets these days.

and sadly ,neither are England.
When you think back to the days when the fixture really meant something, was played annually and the whole nation knew the result. Finney, Edwards, Charlton, Moore, Greaves, Haynes, Banks, Shilton, Peters, Robson, Ball, Bell, Mullery, Hurst....Baxter, Henderson, Law, White, St.John, Mackay, Johnstone, McGrain, Dalglish, Souness, Gemmill.....the list is just endless. All top players. The cream of British football.
Now, we are left to rave about a player who has just reached 100 caps, earns £15m a year and can't trap a bag of cement. The rest of them are just ordinary club players as well. Its not their fault our football has been allowed to be hijacked by the rest of the world, insatiable for the riches available, indifferent to the challenge our football presents. Our young players think they are developing. They aren't. They have limited skill-sets. Dribbling is almost non-existent. Very few are truly two-footed. Most can't head the ball. Their first touch is poor and they have no idea how to control the ball in other areas ( chest/thigh etc ) They don't run off the ball. Most of them play in static positions. They don't appear to have been taught how to play on the half-turn or how to use your body with your back to goal.
The wages spiral upwards, the quality spirals downwards. No wonder fans get fed up. We are putting more and more in and getting less and less back in terms of value for money ( i.e quality )
Oh for moments like Jim Baxter at Wembley in 63, running rings round good England players. Or England running riot in 61 ( 9-3 ) playing some of the best football ever witnessed or Gazza in 96, with that glorious and gifted goal.
Days that have sadly gone and will not be recaptured.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'm in Glasgow ready to watch the game tonight, so I voted yes.

Decent competitive friendly, doesn't happen very often, and should be a decent atmosphere.

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
I'm in Glasgow ready to watch the game tonight, so I voted yes.

Decent competitive friendly, doesn't happen very often, and should be a decent atmosphere.

Respect Giraffe !

I think it will do the younger players a lot of good and experience playing in a hostile atmosphere , probably unlike anything in the Premier league .

COME ON ENGLAND !!!!!! 2-0 to Woy's Boy's .

Jan 30, 2008
will be a bit tasty on and off the pitch, anyone going up for a bit of Scottish culture won't miss out, i would expect some of the gers casual's to be backing England on the day
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here