Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Toko - What happened?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I really don't know. On paper it seems like a cracking signing - a 23 year old ever-present for one of Switzerland's top teams, very highly rated.

He rejected offers from Russia to come here, so presumably he's on big wages. Could it be that he's one of those players that's taking the piss like Kemy? The only thing I've seen him do this season is pose in expensive gear.

The major difference between him and Kemy is, is that Kemy has had a chance to shine. Ok so he didn't take it, but unless or until we actually get the chance to see what Toko can do, it's impossible to have an opinion on him.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
A prime example of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing. Cost big money to get him here as well, so I understand...But then when your team has 5 loan players in the starting line up, after signing over half a dozen new players. What do you expect???
Amazing when you think how dog shit our midfield is

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Where does this idea he's on (comparatively) huge wages come from, out of interest?

He was playing in the Swiss league, which is up there with the MTL in terms of quality and international repute. I know money isn't in short supply in Zurich, but their football league doesn't necessarily reflect that. Bearing in mind the budget constraints have been known for a long time- I'd be amazed if the club had agreed to pay Toko vast sums of money.

Isn't the whole point of recruiting players from European leagues that you don't have to pay over the odds?

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
I think they've found a place for kemy, I've just got back from the Christmas fair at the Amex.. he was looking dapper in his red and white suit :xmas:as did his little helpers colonga, baldock and cms

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I think they've found a place for kemy, I've just got back from the Christmas fair at the Amex.. he was looking dapper in his red and white suit :xmas:as did his little helpers colonga, baldock and cms

Went yesterday----absolutely PACKED----couldn't get near any of the stalls

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
A prime example of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing. Cost big money to get him here as well, so I understand...But then when your team has 5 loan players in the starting line up, after signing over half a dozen new players. What do you expect???

Is that true, that he's on big money? Someone with reasonable contacts at the club told me that he is absolutely nowhere the first team and isn't likely to get there. Odd signing if true.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Keep up. He was signed for the development squad. Bozza said so it must be true.

Development squad??? HE IS 23 for fecking sake. If he develops any more, he will be retiring soon!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I know he lives in the middle of nowhere, which surprises me, you'd think the club would want him close by and he'd want to be nearer to other squad players?

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
Where does this idea he's on (comparatively) huge wages come from, out of interest?

He was playing in the Swiss league, which is up there with the MTL in terms of quality and international repute. I know money isn't in short supply in Zurich, but their football league doesn't necessarily reflect that. Bearing in mind the budget constraints have been known for a long time- I'd be amazed if the club had agreed to pay Toko vast sums of money.

Isn't the whole point of recruiting players from European leagues that you don't have to pay over the odds?

If he's on only £1000 a week we have spent approx £16,000 in wages for 4 months of nothing with no signs of anything changing. I suspect he would be on more.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We do seem to have some high earning lame ducks, are we still paying Harley's wages?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Surely if someone is watched 5 or 6 times and all the other BS that BERK comes out with then we shouldn't be signing and wasting money on the likes of Toko and Agustien

Some of the players we sign must be based on 5 minutes of edited highlights on a DVD and their stats on Football Manager/FIFA 13.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
He was bought from a little gambling pot that TB and his mates had accumulated, they took a punt on him but turned out he wasn't up to the required.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
ones first reaction might be to say this shows Burke is shite and scounting is poor. however, when you look at the history, playing 26-33 games a season for the past 4 years, in a team thats twice runners up (even in a second/thrid tier league), that first impression doesnt seem likely. i dont see how he is either for the development squad or rubbish. so can only assume cant settle, unfit (?) or some odd unsaid injury?

unless he has been brought in for the development squad without realising and therefore having a massive sulk. but i reckon we'd have heard more about that, with an agent in the ear of the press.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Must be a disruptive influence or like the nightlife to much . Touch of the kemys maybe .

All my opinion and nothing to back this up

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here