Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Band Aid 30' anyone else feeling underwhelmed?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The single preceded the concert
Just looked it up - you are quite right. Memory plays tricks....................

There was a buzz around the original release of the first record, though, which certainly seems to be lacking now.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Happily for the charity, there are enough teenage girls out there to ensure its success, who will buy every version of the digital download, every DVD and every t-shirt on the market simply on the back of One Direction squeaking out a solitary, off-key line.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Can Bono ham his line up more than the last time? It was 95 on the ham scale back then, 10 years ago was it?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Can Bono ham his line up more than the last time? It was 95 on the ham scale back then, 10 years ago was it?

I just hope he doesn't make this one magically appear in my iTunes folder.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
You can't reinvent the wheel. The first was a great slice of pop against all the odds.

Very much agree. I can't hear the instantly recognisable first few bars of the original without it bringing a lump to my throat, mainly because of the association with the harrowing pictures from the time, the Michael Buerk reports, the use if the Cars song etc, etc.

Having said that, I will probably buy it if it is any good, and maybe even if it is crap.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
I've never met any person from Ebola anyway so why should I help them ?

You really are a fuc***g idiot of the highest order

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Billionaire tax-dodger Bono exhorting his fellow man to be generous with their money....
Bono takes some unwarrented stick on this issue. He pays all his personel taxes, it turns out cheaper for U2 the buisness to be run in Holland. Does anyone here want to pay less taxes if it's leagal ? He tries to work for good causes when he doesn't need to being a rich rock star. He could be like other rich rock stars and just enjoy sex, drugs rock n roll lifesyle, would he be more popular ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here