Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brooksteed Alehouse in Worthing

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Says something about the brewery companies that somebody can rent a shop to open a bar cheaper than renting The Clifton or Jollies and refurbish and re open them. They were both closed long enough to have lost the name they had and re opened under a new name and concept.

I don't think they could ever have lost their reputations if they had closed for 20 years and re-opened.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
They were pretty much dying on their arses when they were where the Wandering Goose is now a little while back. I don't know if the people have changed but that sounds like a good evening for me and Mrs Q next week. A few good ales and then a decent Thai next door.

You could leave her in the beauty parlour a couple of doors away while you enjoy yourself in the alehouse...

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
mmmmm..., not the luscious new beauty parlour a few doors down, had the pleasure of meeting the owner in The Green Café a few days ago.......

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I've still not been to this place - how is it?

Its interesting, and good for a take out possibly, but I would rather go to the Wandering Goose or similar than have a session there.

Though if you do go, you HAVE to go to the Pantry on a Saturday morning/lunch time. Absolutely amazing bakery with a wealth of baked goods.

joeywortho

Jun 3, 2013
Its interesting, and good for a take out possibly, but I would rather go to the Wandering Goose or similar than have a session there.

Though if you do go, you HAVE to go to the Pantry on a Saturday morning/lunch time. Absolutely amazing bakery with a wealth of baked goods.

word to both of that

am big fan of the alehouse and kitchen next to bar ten, best pub food yet found in wortho and some find brewed ales

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
word to both of that

am big fan of the alehouse and kitchen next to bar ten, best pub food yet found in wortho and some find brewed ales

Been there a few times now, not keen on the decor or lack of natural light. Also find the beer selection a bit odd. That said the food does look good, and it is quite a nice space to be used, as I've had some private parties there

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here