Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom is totally deluded!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
What's more worrying is we seem once again to be dragging our heels over the striker that Sami says he requires ... waiting until January no doubt

What's more worrying is we seem once again to be dragging our heels over the striker that Sami says he requires ... waiting until January no doubt

Don't hold your breath for that striker in January,If Berk fell in a bucket of tits he'd come out sucking his thumb,if that clown has an eye for talent my cock's a kipper.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton

The problem is that Sami is really struggling to select from three strikers that that Burke and the database has highlighted as affordable and who also fits in with our current selections brought to the club. It is a choice from Billy Paynter, Liam Dickinson or Chris Holdroyd. Tough choice, but when he does choose, O'Grady can go on loan to Sheff Utd.

Last edited:

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
The key problem is the recruitment policy. If it doesn't go we will have a different manager every year, no stability and probably mid table league one football soon enough in front of 10k crowds at tops.

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
A bit ungrateful? Are you on a wind up?

We all know the great work Bloom has done for this club and his family included but that doesn't make him beyond criticism. The transfer window just gone was a shambles and he still bleats on that it was a success and that this a squad capable of competing at the top end of this league, that appears to either be delusion or a pride issue or blind hope, whatever the case might be the signs point in the direction that we've lost too much quality and replaced said quality with average/poor players.

And worse of all we are paying them higher wages, I thought the one positive from our signings was that the club would start cutting costs but sadly this is incorrect.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
And worse of all we are paying them higher wages, I thought the one positive from our signings was that the club would start cutting costs but sadly this is incorrect.
That's where one starts to feel a tad detached when there's no sparkling winning football to remotely justify it.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful

That ll be another striker waiting for a ball that never comes, we don't need another striker we need someone to supply them, currently there is a paucity of talent in an overloaded midfield. Sammi seeking to move responsibility to the strikers, that's too simple for me. we could have RVP, Costa and Messi up front, but if they don't receive the ball infront of goal they won't score. Sort out the midfield, currently its lost and going in the wrong direction.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That ll be another striker waiting for a ball that never comes, we don't need another striker we need someone to supply them, currently there is a paucity of talent in an overloaded midfield. Sammi seeking to move responsibility to the strikers, that's too simple for me. we could have RVP, Costa and Messi up front, but if they don't receive the ball infront of goal they won't score. Sort out the midfield, currently its lost and going in the wrong direction.

Is that not why there was a thread on here saying that we were signing Mathis Bolly a midfielder playing in Germany.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Strikers are getting the service, but wasting it. McCourt crossed the ball right across the 6 yard area with the strikers standing there watching it. It needed a tap in, not even much effort.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Surely that only stands out because it happens so infrequently.

As Tom Hark PP has said, we note the opportunities that occur, with the exclamation 'Barnes would have had that'. I can guarantee that we say it at least once in a match.
Benno also laid one cross on a plate with no-one there.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
TB is playing with his own money and losing money so I think he really does want to better the club, he chose a manager who he wants to keep because he has faith in him and is happy to stay a championship club for a few years until sami has learnt a bit and can form a winning team, is it a bad thing if we have a mid table finish but a stable club with a manager who isnt about to leave any time soon, I for one have faith in tb and his decisions, lets not run before we can walk, as for squad remeber Murray being our record signing?? Think weve broke that a few times since amd a couple of time this season, patience and all will come good

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
TB is playing with his own money and losing money so I think he really does want to better the club, he chose a manager who he wants to keep because he has faith in him and is happy to stay a championship club for a few years until sami has learnt a bit and can form a winning team, is it a bad thing if we have a mid table finish but a stable club with a manager who isnt about to leave any time soon, I for one have faith in tb and his decisions, lets not run before we can walk, as for squad remeber Murray being our record signing?? Think weve broke that a few times since amd a couple of time this season, patience and all will come good
I don't think anyone should complain IF we finnish mid table.

Feb 14, 2010
TB is playing with his own money

The start, middle and end of the matter. When someone else on this site can tell me they have put in 200 million and will pay 10 million a year in losses then fine. But until they get their cheque book out then all they need to say is thank you Tony. Complain about the players, manager, buys or the pies if you want but as for Tony Bloom, just say thanks

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful

The start, middle and end of the matter. When someone else on this site can tell me they have put in 200 million and will pay 10 million a year in losses then fine. But until they get their cheque book out then all they need to say is thank you Tony. Complain about the players, manager, buys or the pies if you want but as for Tony Bloom, just say thanks

if TB is doing this and happy with it, then I would question his judgement as a businessman. I have no doubt in anything that he has done and for the best reasons. It is however, undeniable that the squad, manager and current position are not as good as we have had over the past three years at the Amex. We are all entitled to our opinions.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think the character of the team over the last few games shouts that they are behind Hyypia, we should follow suit. There were people behind me yesterday talking about being ok with losing if it resulted in us getting shot of Hyypia. SHOCKING attitude imo. I saw a lot of pluses yesterday, yes we could have been dead and buried before Lua Lua's goal but we never gave up. If we could play some of the really intricate inter player passing in the opposition's final third that we play in ours, we'd be winning games no problem. It is coming together, it's just a bit painfully slow imo.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Like everybody else, I'm pleased and extremely grateful that TB has invested so heavily in the club. But even £200 million does not buy infallibility; nobody is beyond criticism - even if some people do seem to think we should all worship him without question.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here