England Fans Only

• Slovenia

Votes: 42 43.3%
  • Scotland

Votes: 55 56.7%

• Total voters

Jan 30, 2008
can only genuine England fans post on this thread

I know there are plenty of the 'I don't care about England' blah blah blah.....

so fellow England fans what game are you more interested in

Slovenia or Scotland?

after the great result in Switzerland it feels like the job is already done and a draw wouldn't be a disaster and I can't really see England losing to Slovenia at Wembley

whereas Tuesday's game with Scotland could go either way,Strachan has done a good job with Scotland,who have become hard to beat
some of my best footballing memories are the England -Scotland games and winning up at Hampden was always very sweet
winning at Parkhead would be too,bound to be alot of anti English feeling around the place
1.0 win at wembley, steve coppel scoring was lively all day
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
Jocks without a shadow of a doubt.

Was discussing this with a chum who is of Irish decent yesterday that we've got the easiest group we've every had, we're as good as qualified already, so every qualifier is going to be a snoozefest for the next year. The game against the jocks will never be just another friendly and having it at Parkhead just gives it that extra spice.

That said they said on TalkSport yesterday morning that we'd sent 2k tickets back?!? Is that right?
well looking at the type's that follow England these days it might be a tad uncomfortable for them
regards
DR

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Jocks without a shadow of a doubt.

Was discussing this with a chum who is of Irish decent yesterday that we've got the easiest group we've every had, we're as good as qualified already, so every qualifier is going to be a snoozefest for the next year. The game against the jocks will never be just another friendly and having it at Parkhead just gives it that extra spice.

That said they said on TalkSport yesterday morning that we'd sent 2k tickets back?!? Is that right?
I can't really believe I'm saying this but I agree with you. Not that I often disagree with you, but I can't believe that I'm rating a 'friendly' against Scotland higher than a qualifying game - but I am and for the reasons you state.

I'm not in favour of bringing back the Home Internationals (or even an annual friendly against Scotland) as I don't think that wasting friendly slots playing regular thud and blunder matches is any preparation for 'real' international football, but a one-off game every once in a while - fine. Also given our group it will actually be a more competitive match (in terms of the contest) than nearly all our group games, so it will be a good test for the younger lads.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'm going to both and desperately don't want to lose to Scotland, that would be dreadful.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Its hard to choose between two such minnows. I hadn't really heard of either country, so I looked on a map and it turns out that Scotland is closer, so I voted for them.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It's Slovenia, but more relevant is the fact that Ireland is a much bigger game for Scotland. This will be the most low-key build-up to a Scotland v England game in history. Basically it will get about two days' worth after Scotland digest the implications of the Ireland result.

Much as they like beating England, they want to qualify for a major finals again much more.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Slovenia for me. I don't take anything for granted with England.

As for Scotland, it's incredible to think that they last played at the finals stages of a major tournament in 1998. Any England player under the age of 24 will only have known Scotland as a rubbish, non-qualifying football "has-been" nation. I fancy the Scottish independence vote and the fact they've got the Ireland match beforehand will add a bit of spice to the occasion for the supporters, but I'm not expecting the England team to be that fired up for it.

Hopefully Hodgson will remind them of what this fixture means in historical terms, although whether Sterling and Henderson will ever take their iPod earphones out to listen is another matter.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Have to say I am really looking forward to my first Wembley visit and cheering England on tommorow :)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I can't say England v Scotland interests me at all.

Slovenia only slightly more so, but only so that we can get qualifying all done, nice and quickly.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
you forgot to post neither as an option

still quite a few of us members of the Englandfans away scheme and everyone has lost interest,first England game in ages on a saturday and none of my group can be bothered.

Scotland should be a mecca especially at celtic park yet even England havnt sold their allocation........tells you all you need to know.........overpayed twits.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Competitive game or a friendly? Slovenia. Couldn't give a monkey's cuss if we beat Scotland or not.

This. Slovenia matters. Scotland doesn't.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
I'm going to both games and expecting nothing more than a dull, routine 2-0 home win today in front of a crowd of day-trippers in a stadium lacking in any real atmosphere. Tuesday night will be like going back in time to when people gave a sh1t about international/home nations football. Dropping points to Slovenia will make negligible difference to our qualification chances, losing to Scotland will be very hard to take.

The lack of interest amongst my fellow England members is largely down to the hopeless way in which the FA run the newly launched club. I won't go into detail, but an example of this is that they are making each and every one of the 5,000 England fans with a ticket for Scotland collect it on the day in Glasgow - it will be carnage; I saw that there were thousands still outside Celtic Park 15 mins after kick off last night, so imagine what it will be like when several thousand 'lubricated' England fans turn up at the stadium to collect their tickets half an hour before kick off. Yet 25,000 Scotland fans were allowed to come to Wembley with little or no restrictions last August....

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
The Scotland game, so we can get back to a good ol' dust up now all that devolution crap has finished and show em who's boss again.
I don't think devolution is a dead duck at all! I suspect there won't be a referendum for quite a few years but that does not mean it's over for good. I also think Man United will win a Euro Championship in the next 20 years but that does not mean I support them btw.

I had no idea we were playing Scotland, in fact I've just had to check they aren't in our group such is my apathy towards England at present.

But: Slovenia.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Both really, the only footer I get to watch live are England and the FA Cup. I also like a home nations though so Scotland for me.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here