Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cat Question

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Their might be another cat which is marking its territory round your house and your cat is afraid to go out .

you might just have something there.
we had a blind cat who really was never house trained by her previous owner and we used to use puppy training pads, she is old and the pads as long as she can find them could do the job.
might also be a good thing to take her to a vet just in case there is something wrong .
this sort of behavior is normally a territorial thing, if you do not find anything wrong it could be she is nervous about something ,try her with rescue remedy either in her water (4 drops) or on the tips of her ears.
something I learned on the way to taming long time strays and even ferrel cats
my other half has just read this and she says the cat is trying to tell you something ..............you just have to watch her and try and find out what it is .............have she/you changed anything, moved furniture,is she crying a lot(signs of dementia)or pain
over to you and good luck.
just noticed you have written "she will not go outside" classic case of another cat/human bullying her, or something out there she does not like

you might just have something there.
we had a blind cat who really was never house trained by her previous owner and we used to use puppy training pads, she is old and the pads as long as she can find them could do the job.
might also be a good thing to take her to a vet just in case there is something wrong .
this sort of behavior is normally a territorial thing, if you do not find anything wrong it could be she is nervous about something ,try her with rescue remedy either in her water (4 drops) or on the tips of her ears.
something I learned on the way to taming long time strays and even ferrel cats
my other half has just read this and she says the cat is trying to tell you something ..............you just have to watch her and try and find out what it is .............have she/you changed anything, moved furniture,is she crying a lot(signs of dementia)or pain
over to you and good luck.

To be honest, she is crying quite a bit, but has been since her sister went 2 years ago.

I'll try the litter tray with soil, see where we go.

Have a horrible feeling we may be saying goodbye soon though.:down:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Have a horrible feeling we may be saying goodbye soon though.:down:

This is the ultimate reality, whether today, tomorrow or whenever. My cat, Tiger, died earlier in the year which was sudden an unexpected. He was feeling unwell after the Reading FA Cup game in January, on the Saturday. I went over to see him (he lived with my mum at the time), and he was cowering under a chair, hiding. He'd been unable to relieve himself for a few days, but he was a stubborn little chap so fought off any attempts to put him in the carrier and take him to the vets. The vet blind diagnosed a bladder infection and gave my mum some medicine for it, which he resisted. I gave it to him on the Saturday, and on the Sunday he had curled into a ball on the floor in the lounge and died. When their time comes, it has come. The only advice I would give is to make a fuss of yours, and be prepared for the end.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Try this: Cat-Toilet-Training-can-01.jpg

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
This is the ultimate reality, whether today, tomorrow or whenever. My cat, Tiger, died earlier in the year which was sudden an unexpected. He was feeling unwell after the Reading FA Cup game in January, on the Saturday. I went over to see him (he lived with my mum at the time), and he was cowering under a chair, hiding. He'd been unable to relieve himself for a few days, but he was a stubborn little chap so fought off any attempts to put him in the carrier and take him to the vets. The vet blind diagnosed a bladder infection and gave my mum some medicine for it, which he resisted. I gave it to him on the Saturday, and on the Sunday he had curled into a ball on the floor in the lounge and died. When their time comes, it has come. The only advice I would give is to make a fuss of yours, and be prepared for the end.

Struvite Crystals caused by hard water by the sounds happens more in males than females.
that why we give ours bottled water even though they are all females
it also seems that it strikes ginger cats more that others for some reason I have never found out about.
Ron had a male ginger that had this and they turned him in to a female several years ago and I believe he is still alive and kicking and biting

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
We have discussed this, and it will be the last resort. We have grand kids who like to roll around the lounge when they come over.

Grand kids John?!?! You look younger than me! (Not that that's a massive achievement in fairness......hardlife, beer etc etc)

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
my cats are always doing it, and it's definitely territorial. We've never been able to stop the habit with them....unfortunately. Wooden floor was necessary...

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Could be any number of things, but I've heard it said on other occasions that it's not uncommon for cats to revert to doing their business indoors when they (subconsciously, one assumes) know their time is near.

Hope that's not the case, obviously :(

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
my cats are always doing it, and it's definitely territorial. We've never been able to stop the habit with them....unfortunately. Wooden floor was necessary...

tis either that or many litter trays constantly moving .......it can be done but you need oodles of time

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Struvite Crystals caused by hard water by the sounds happens more in males than females.
that why we give ours bottled water even though they are all females
it also seems that it strikes ginger cats more that others for some reason I have never found out about.
Ron had a male ginger that had this and they turned him in to a female several years ago and I believe he is still alive and kicking and biting

I leave an old washing up bowl in the garden to collect rain water. My two cats love drinking from it.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I leave an old washing up bowl in the garden to collect rain water. My two cats love drinking from it.

great idea .....mine are always drinking from puddles

Grand kids John?!?! You look younger than me! (Not that that's a massive achievement in fairness......hardlife, beer etc etc)

4 of them Rousey, the bloke you see me with at football is just 1 of my son-in-laws.

Last edited:

Could be any number of things, but I've heard it said on other occasions that it's not uncommon for cats to revert to doing their business indoors when they (subconsciously, one assumes) know their time is near.

Hope that's not the case, obviously :(

I'm coming to this conclusion myself truth be told.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here