Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pub Stuff

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
Rather than drink a dodgy pint in a strange pub, a bottle is surely a better bet? At least you know that the quality is guaranteed. And Budweiser really is a top selling brand: I'm a publican and sell case after case of the stuff. When I travel abroad I'm always going to opt for a bottle rather than buy a beer of indeterminate quality served in a possibly dirty glass ... (Not, of course, that this happens in my pub!)

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I was told by a night club owner in Leicester Sq it started when Aids came about and the gays drank from bottles because nobdy knew for certain how aids could be transmitted and there was a thought it could be via glasses. Now been proved not so.

Cheers for that BG!!!!!!

i was told by a night club owner in leicester sq it started when aids came about and the gays drank from bottles because nobdy knew for certain how aids could be transmitted and there was a thought it could be via glasses. Now been proved not so.

:lolol:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Cheers for that BG!!!!!!

B****rd you beat me to it! :clap2:

I thought BG was a clueless numpty who needed NSC to tell him how to turn the washing machine on. Turns out he's mastered sock puppets. Next time he asks for p.c. help I'd bear in mind he also knows how to post via a Vietnamese VPN in order to FOOL the mods.

Cosmic Joker

The Motorik
Apr 14, 2010
Chichester
Drinking out of the bottle was something I sometimes did as a student, when in a club or bar rather than a pub because at that age image is as important or more than taste, but hopefully wasn't Bud. These days, draft ale is the first choice, but will look at the bottles if I don't fancy the ales available, or fancy something different before going home, or as a survival tactic if dragged into an establishment where I don't trust the staff to clean the lines. Those places seem to be getting rarer though with the decline in the pub trade, the badly run ones have often been first to go. If drinking from a bottle though, I'll always get a glass to pour it in, partly to avoid warming the beer grasping a bottle in my mitt, but mostly because half of the taste of food or drink is in the aroma and if you are drinking out of a narrow neck bottle you won't get the pleasant smell that a glass can capture and release to your nose with each sip. That wouldn't be a consideration to Bud drinkers though. Even Spoons are now doing some smart USA bottled ales; Lagunitas IPA and Rogue Amber Ale.

Rather than drink a dodgy pint in a strange pub, a bottle is surely a better bet? At least you know that the quality is guaranteed. And Budweiser really is a top selling brand: I'm a publican and sell case after case of the stuff. When I travel abroad I'm always going to opt for a bottle rather than buy a beer of indeterminate quality served in a possibly dirty glass ... (Not, of course, that this happens in my pub!)

But people don't come to your establishment mainly for the beer, though, do they?
http://www.bar95.co.uk/events-and-opening-times

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The Park Crescent usually has piss weak beers on draught and as such if you want to taste anything you have to buy a bottle of Golden Glory or Fursty Ferret at the wonderful price of £4.20 a bottle. It comes to something when in a Hall and Woodhouse pub, the Hall and Woodhouse bottled beers are better than it's draught ales.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I was told by a night club owner in Leicester Sq it started when Aids came about and the gays drank from bottles because nobdy knew for certain how aids could be transmitted and there was a thought it could be via glasses. Now been proved not so.

8/10

Very good

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
The Park Crescent usually has piss weak beers on draught and as such if you want to taste anything you have to buy a bottle of Golden Glory or Fursty Ferret at the wonderful price of £4.20 a bottle. It comes to something when in a Hall and Woodhouse pub, the Hall and Woodhouse bottled beers are better than it's draught ales.

I really hate Woodhouse pubs. Shit ales and Crawley's country pubs are full of them

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
Drinking out of the bottle was something I sometimes did as a student, when in a club or bar rather than a pub because at that age image is as important or more than taste, but hopefully wasn't Bud. These days, draft ale is the first choice, but will look at the bottles if I don't fancy the ales available, or fancy something different before going home, or as a survival tactic if dragged into an establishment where I don't trust the staff to clean the lines. Those places seem to be getting rarer though with the decline in the pub trade, the badly run ones have often been first to go. If drinking from a bottle though, I'll always get a glass to pour it in, partly to avoid warming the beer grasping a bottle in my mitt, but mostly because half of the taste of food or drink is in the aroma and if you are drinking out of a narrow neck bottle you won't get the pleasant smell that a glass can capture and release to your nose with each sip. That wouldn't be a consideration to Bud drinkers though. Even Spoons are now doing some smart USA bottled ales; Lagunitas IPA and Rogue Amber Ale.

But people don't come to your establishment mainly for the beer, though, do they?
http://www.bar95.co.uk/events-and-opening-times

well spotted!

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
I used to drink bottles in Pubs ,but now in my Local Becks sells at £3 90 a bottle and it's the 275ml bottles ,so 2 bottles which isn't even a pint is £7 80 too pricey.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I know quite a few people who drink bottles of what's on draught for taste or temperature reasons.

But considering Bud has no taste and needs to be drunk below zero to stop you realising that, I really can't see the point.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
If you trace back the pipes you'll end up next to the urinals :wink:

There's a Robinson's pub in Marple (but the name escapes me for the moment) that used to have signs above each urinal for "bitter", "lager", "mild" and it was always amusing watching people queue to use the correct one! Never sure whether they based their choice on what they'd drunk or where they thought it would go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here