Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hyypia believes Albion deserved more - but it was a great finish which denied them [The Ar

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Sami Hyypia believes Albion deserved better than a 1-1 draw at home to Blackburn today.
But he admitted Rudy Gestede’s header which gave Rovers their point was a fine finish.
The Seagulls let slip a lead given to them by Gary Gardner’s second goal in successive games.
Gardner also netted in the midweek win over Wigan.
Hyypia said: “I thought we deserved a little bit more from the game but you can’t turn back the clock and do it again.
“I think in those two games we have looked a little bit more solid.
“We have defended better but somehow we haven’t got the attacking play like it was before that. Finding the balance is the thing.”
Rovers’ direct approach caused Albion problems in the second half.
Hyypia admitted: “If you play against this kind of side who have a big man up front and they are putting all the balls to him and trying to get on the second balls and get crosses in, it's very difficult.
“You need to be ready to cope with that. We have got and we are going to get more teams that play like this.
“We need to be able to cope with that, be on the second ball and defend crosses.”
Hyypia admitted it took a great finish to peg his side back.
He said: “I think if you put ten balls to him in that position, he is not going to score again.
“Maybe you can put 50 balls and he is not going to score again from there. Sometimes you need to put your hands up and say it was a perfect header but it’s not nice that it cost us two points.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here