Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crawley.....help needed....

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I worked in Crawley for eleven years. That was fine, but there is no way that I would live there. Ever.

If you live in a Brighton, you could not be moving to a place that is more different. For the extra 20 to 30 minutes each way it cannot be worth moving there. The pubs and restaurants are shit, the architecture is horrible, and the place has no soul.

In my humble opinion.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
F***ing horrible. That's all you need to know.

Worked there for three years. We used to go and play 5-a-side at lunchtimes which involved a drive through town to Broadfield. One day one of my colleagues commented that the two teenage girls walking alongside our car were the only two he'd seen that week not pushing prams. We also did an anti-natal course in Furnace Green while I was working there which tells you all you need to know about the transport links by road in rush hour. The teacher had post it notes on the kitchen cupboard that said "would Jesus want you to eat this biscuit."

However, if you enjoy plane spotting, boy racers and never going out I'd go for it.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Don't bother coming here. Lived here for 20 years and i hate it. I also lived in Newhaven and that in my opinion beats Crawley.

Look at Pease Pottage,Hookwood,Ifield Green,Charlwood but all these areas will come at a price.

The only thing i like about Crawley is the shopping area. It's in a tight square and then you have the indoor area. Also the location is good.

Crawley has attitude and is full of cocks.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Done a fair bit of work in Broadfield lately, not somewhere I would personally choose to live, made me miss the likes of Whitehawk and Moulescoomb, where I spend most of my working life....

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
where else could one possibly drink? It was the centre of the universe, except perhaps for that club the size of a phone box down the other end of the shops ran by Britains most miserable git
Broadfield must be the only housing estate i know that has has drinks and drugs clinic(Addaction)

I've lived all over Crawley and Broadfield deserves it's bad name. I don't think Bewbush is as bad as what people make out. My Girlfriend use to work in the Lemon,

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Broadfield must be the only housing estate i know that has has drinks and drugs clinic(Addaction)

I've lived all over Crawley and Broadfield deserves it's bad name. I don't think Bewbush is as bad as what people make out. My Girlfriend use to work in the Lemon,

Was hoping to sign up to Addaction in Worthing, but it has now changed to a place purely for under 18 criminal addicts, gutted.......

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
They might have a newer football stadium than us within a couple of years though, if you're starting to worry the Amex is showing its age.

A 10,000 seater, three quarters empty football stadium.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Wouldn't like to speak for the housing estates, as I'm sure each of them have their share of nice people, amongst the troublemakers.

But pretty much without exception, every bar and pub in Crawley is horrific. I work in and around the town on a regular basis, and I genuinely cannot think of a single pub I'd be pleased to visit on a night out.

"Never go in a pub with a flat roof": an excellent drinking tip I was once given and try to follow religiously. A number of the local neighbourhood pubs in Crawley fit this categorisation. Steer well clear.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Wouldn't like to speak for the housing estates, as I'm sure each of them have their share of nice people, amongst the troublemakers.

But pretty much without exception, every bar and pub in Crawley is horrific. I work in and around the town on a regular basis, and I genuinely cannot think of a single pub I'd be pleased to visit on a night out.

"Never go in a pub with a flat roof": an excellent drinking tip I was once given and try to follow religiously. A number of the local neighbourhood pubs in Crawley fit this categorisation. Steer well clear.
Coaching Halt,The Plough Ifield Green,Gatwick Manor,Goffs Park.Maybe the Greyhound in Tinsley Green but i have never been in there to pass judgement.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here