• Meh ???

Votes: 158 62.2%
  • Nay :tantrum:

Votes: 67 26.4%

• Total voters

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Mine's still 'Yay!' Mind you I haven't been to a game yet this year so have yet to endure the double-whammy of poor football and rip-off prices.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
After reading the Chairman's interview with Andy Naylor, has this now improved or deflated you Albion mojo?

For my already deflated mojo it hasn't improved it one bit.

Get down deeper and down
Down down deeper and down
Get down deeper and down

I want all the world to see
To see you're laughing, and you're laughing at me
I can take it all from you
Again again again again
Again again again and deeper and down

Get down deeper and down

I have all the ways you see
To keep you guessing, stop your messing with me
You'll be back to find your way
Again again again again
Again-gain-gain-gain deeper and down

Get down

Get down deeper and down
Get down deeper and down

I have found you out you see
I know what you're doing, what you're doing to me
I'll keep on and say to you
Again again again again
Again-gain-gain-gain deeper and down

Get down

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
For the first time I think tony bloom is clueless if he really believes what he has said in the interview with Andy Naylor

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I was a big meh, but last couple of games with Sami showing a bit of flexibility I've felt a bit more upbeat (even if they weren't inspiring performances in themselves…), so I'm not yet near a yay, but I'm above a meh. I think I'm a may, or yeh….???

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I was a big meh, but last couple of games with Sami showing a bit of flexibility I've felt a bit more upbeat (even if they weren't inspiring performances in themselves…), so I'm not yet near a yay, but I'm above a meh. I think I'm a may, or yeh….???

So what in the chairman's interview made you feel better?

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
For the first time I think tony bloom is clueless if he really believes what he has said in the interview with Andy Naylor

I don't think Tony Bloom is clueless, but one statement that baffled me was his comment on his vote scuttling the FFP as it stood, when he states" So im not massively in favour of what I voted for" and then goes on to say that the vote will now cause it to be more difficult to be competitive. It will put pressure on players wages and will put more pressure on the likes of us?

Sounds a bit like a turkey voting for Christmas

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
So what in the chairman's interview made you feel better?

If you look at my posts, I was more positive after Wigan and Blackburn even prior to the chairman's interview.

For me the chairman is the person who will meet the manager regularly, hang around the training ground, talk to coaches and players and get a proper insight far beyond what I can see simply by watching a game of football. So not only was I feeling a bit better after the last couple of games, the chairman has reinforced a confidence that things are going to improve and I'm going to trust him on that.

I've also taken a step back and in the cold light of day, 17 league games of football isn't a huge period to be judging someone who has a weaker squad than previous seasons, with a hefty injury list as well. I also look at our old friend Alan Pardew up at Newcastle and the absolute dogs abuse he got from his own fans at Stoke, whose team now sit 8th, level with Man Utd, and above Liverpool, Everton and Spurs. It really is a funny old game.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I think Bloom's losing the plot, there was no need to do interviews especially telling the vast majority of your 'CUSTOMERS' to lump it, trouble is if thousands walk away how are you going to entice them back ? The AMEX novelty factor is long gone, we have suffered turgid football from 2 of the most personality free managers since Gus has gone and all we get is you don't buy enough pies.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Fairly low. The results play a part, but it can't just be those because I wasn't much better last season. The season finishing 4th under Poyet was excellent but since then a combination of the deteriorating football, high prices, poor atmosphere, difficult journeys to and from the Amex, the managerial merry-go-round, and the increasingly desperate spin and out of touch messages and attitudes from the board have just made it less enjoyable.

But these things come and go in cycles, it will improve eventually.

Sometimes, oddly, my football mojo gets restored by a non-Albion match - and that was certainly the case last Sunday being at the Ricoh for Coventry/Worcester. Just your absolutely classic, old-school FA Cup shock. Massive upset, loads of Worcester fans, great back stories for matchwinner (makes brakes for aircraft and Lewis Hamilton's F1 car) and manager (up nights all week feeding a new baby), match drama with Cov keeper sent off and giving away a penalty, Cov missing their own penalty. Exactly what the football doctor ordered, and what the FA Cup is all about.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Fairly low. The results play a part, but it can't just be those because I wasn't much better last season. The season finishing 4th under Poyet was excellent but since then a combination of the deteriorating football, high prices, poor atmosphere, difficult journeys to and from the Amex, the managerial merry-go-round, and the increasingly desperate spin and out of touch messages and attitudes from the board have just made it less enjoyable.

But these things come and go in cycles, it will improve eventually.

Sometimes, oddly, my football mojo gets restored by a non-Albion match - and that was certainly the case last Sunday being at the Ricoh for Coventry/Worcester. Just your absolutely classic, old-school FA Cup shock. Massive upset, loads of Worcester fans, great back stories for matchwinner (makes brakes for aircraft and Lewis Hamilton's F1 car) and manager (up nights all week feeding a new baby), match drama with Cov keeper sent off and giving away a penalty, Cov missing their own penalty. Exactly what the football doctor ordered, and what the FA Cup is all about.

Couldn't agree more. My mojo was 'yay', but reading about how in terms of wages this is the most expensive, well-paid squad we've ever had has really depressed me.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
It's pretty low at the moment. The policy of letting all our best players go and replacing them with cheap alternatives has disillusioned me. This has resulted in most games being unenjoyable and disappointing.

Which, as others have mentioned, isn't the case. Biggest player budget in the club's history on a very poor squad that looks incapable of raising their game when it matters.

Need some inspiration from the club to raise my mojo from 'low' to 'meh'.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Nay. Football overall pretty dire. No real sign of a win (if wigan had strikers we would have lost or drew) probably the lowest I have felt about the albion for years. This wonderful stadium fit to grace the best of them and yet there we are arsing about trying to avoid relegation. I havent felt this bad about the Albion in years. At least we knew we were shit (mainly) at the priestfield, goldstone and Withers and had, mostly, honest journeymen (albeit limited) playing their hearts out week after week.

Now we have a clueless manager, a man who buys players for the manager and a bloke who coins phrases like PLR and One club one ambition.

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
Which, as others have mentioned, isn't the case. Biggest player budget in the club's history on a very poor squad that looks incapable of raising their game when it matters.

Need some inspiration from the club to raise my mojo from 'low' to 'meh'.

This apparent fact has really p***ed me off! I was sort of ok with the idea we were trying to do it on the cheap to comply with FFP and to save TB a few quid, fair enough, but to be told that this bunch of lazy disorganised losers costs more than the squad in any previous season is almost too much to bear! It is truly very hard to believe! Why would we be paying more for inferior players? I ticked "meh", but I think it's really "nay" after this piece of news.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here