Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Today's attendance

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
sochi-empty-seats-5.jpg

Didn't realise we had a big fat Seagull at the Amex :)

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
No thread yet that I can see.

Pretendance quoted as being 24,840. Carrying on where they left off on Tuesday, people were already laughing before the announcer had even reached the completely made up number.

It still felt quite quiet on the WSU concourse today, I felt and has the North ever looked so patchily populated for a Saturday league game before?

Real Attendance of c19,000? Any other guesses?

More, at least 23,000. Trains were running well, but the crowd was greater than usual. Missed the connection as the West Coastway train was too full. This only happens with the slightly bigger crowds. The corner bits were full when they are usually empty. Neutral bit East Lower F was full towards the centre but empty near the away end. Lower East concourse was more crowded than usual and I could hardly find a space, not just the queues. Still empty seats near me, but not empty rows which occurred at least once this season. Much more crowded than the Reading Cup match last season.

Atmosphere was very subdued.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Yes. Brighton fans have always been fickle. If the team is winning we'll get massive crowds, if the team is losing, we won't, regardless of what division we are in.

I think this applies to pretty much all professional football clubs doesn't it? not just Brighton, with maybe the exception of the top few, man u / chelski etc, But I think the latter of what you said might not apply, certainly to us if (God forbid!!) we were in League 2, albeit top of that league and running away with it, and the weekly opposition is teams like (and I don't mean this in any way as disrespect to these examples) Accrington, Hartlepool and the like, the quality of the away team is also a crowd puller in my opinion.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
After two seasons! so you gave you ST up just after the club lost in the play off semi!!! Jesus man this is Brighton and Hove, may I suggest you move to Madrid.

I gave up my two season tickets after the first season at The Amex, any suggestions as to where I should move to? (Keep the answer clean :) )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here