Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Today's attendance

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
We're told that every club announces tickets sold rather than people through the gates, do other clubs' fans take issue with it?

Problem is that the first season or so the actual attendance was virtually the same as the stated attendance. Therefore 14000 people are not now attending or buying food, drink, programmes etc., reducing income to buy players.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
c19,000 would mean c11,000 empty seats.

You know there were c14,000 empty seats on Tuesday: https://foi.brighton-hove.gov.uk/requests/4019

Wow, that FOI answer is enlightening and will give a benchmark to true attendances after then.

This season (home results, style of play and January 2015 signings) I think will be highly significant as to whether the wavering s/t holders will continue to keep coughing up c. £550 on a s/t and giving up half their Saturdays. As well as the vast no-shows, the numbers moaning on NSC and elsewhere have increased. I know Amex s/t holders since the stadium opened who are making this their last season.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Wow, that FOI answer is enlightening and a will give a clue as a benchmark to true attendances since then.

This season (home results, style of play and January 2015 signings) I think will be highly significant as to whether the wavering s/t holders will continue to keep coughing up c. £550 on a s/t and giving up half their Saturdays. As well as the vast no-shows, the numbers moaning on NSC and elsewhere have increased. I know Amex s/t holders since the stadium opened who are making this their last season.

So many empty seats now, plus you can buy a ticket on the day there is no need to have a season ticket. People will pick and choose there games far more now. Keep the money in their own banks rather than the clubs.

In and of itself, I don't give a toss about the pretendance -> attendance gap. But it is as good an indication as we've got as to how season ticket renewals will be received amongst the Albion fanbase. That is the 'worry'.

Quite - it's an alarming thing that something upwards of a quarter of Albion season ticket holders went on strike on Tuesday.

Kudos to whoever made the FoI request though, very creative thinking!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
In and of itself, I don't give a toss about the pretendance -> attendance gap. But it is as good an indication as we've got as to how season ticket renewals will be received amongst the Albion fanbase. That is the 'worry'.

:Thumbsup: that's the point. Many thousand won't keep their s/t going just for the sake of it. And with any business model, many x % off income in season 2015/16, would give a more marked % effect on loss/profit. Hopefully TB and PB are fully aware, watching this closely and take action.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Hypothetically, if the Brighton Ultras were proper naughty and got us punished with a home game behind closed doors, would the club still announce 20k+ attendance? ???

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
after 5 years of regular attendance my boys have just asked me not to renew their season tickets next season , citing lack of quality play and excitement as main reasons, i really hope that things do get better soon , but just cant see it happening with the current regime ,
Think the club may have overestimated some of their customers loyalty ..

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Barber wanted fans to be customers. Now he's seeing the true effects of a products effect on demand in a real marketplace. Better get the cheque book out!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I wonder what our real record attendance is. I suspect it would be the Crystal Palace Play-Off match. We've never had more than 30,000. There were at least 2,000 empty seats at the Wolverhampton Wanderers match.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Just hope Barber and Bloom wake up before It is to late, we must be hundreds of thousands down in income already this season due to the poor mismanagement of pre-season with player signings and then signing loads of dross all at the same time as some kind of appeasement

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
19,000 probably. I'm told the consistent gap this season until Tuesday night is 4,000 down on whatever is announced. Tuesday night was greater due to the poor run we are on, being two games in a week, a midweek game, champions league football and low away support.

But what it does probably mean is we are now averaging around 19,000 a game rather than about 25,000 in the last couple of years. That will definitely lead into lower season ticket sales next season which is the biggest worry of all for the club.

As a business owner I am aware of marketing material from the club with a view to buying a pitch side banner.

With the blurb figures are quoted as to how many fans might see my ad. I have no doubt these figures are based on the pretendance rather thsn bums on seats.

The club could have opened a can of worms for the potentially trade descriptions case in the future. Although I suspect there is something covering it in the T's and C's

D

Deleted User X18H

Mate told me today that someone requested a "Freedom of Information" regarding Tuesdays actual attendance. It apparently came back as 16200. Worrying!!!

Sounds like bollocks to me. You cannot get resolution in relation to a FOI in 5 days flat.

However I'd agree around 16,500 Tuesday and around 19,000 yesterday .

Still however attendances a majority of Champoinship clubs would be delighted with .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here