KLL 6
E Bennett 6 Needed more of the ball, was in acres of space at times

Baldock 5

Subs:
McCourt 5 Why the adulation he is gash
O'Grady N/A

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Walton 7 Another calm performance by him. He desrves to keep the shirt when Stockdale has recovered from his injury.
Calderon 7
Greer 6
Dunk 6
J Bennett 7
Ince 7
JFC 6.5
Gardner 7
KLL 7
E Bennett 6 We needed to get the ball to him more.
Baldock 5 Runs a lot but doesn't look like scoring.

Subs:
McCourt 4
O'Grady N/A

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing
Walton 7.
Calderon 6.5
Greer 6.
Dunk 6.
J Bennett 8. MOM.
Ince 6.5
Gardner 6.
JFC 6
KLL 6.
E Bennett 6.
Baldock 6.

McCourt 5.

Sami 5. Why leave Colunga and COG on the bench when the game was there to be won? They should have both been on with 20 mins to go.It was obvious Baldock was getting nowhere despite trying hard, we needed both pace and height to beat their defence.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
The comments on this and other threads about Baldock remind so much of those posted about CMS, running about a lot but with little outcome. Interesting that two players similar in stature, quick and always looking for the through should be seen in the same manner. We know that both CMS and Baldock can score so can the manager instruct his midfield to pass the ball to these guys in a scoring position. I have quoted in the past that Brighton is the strikers graveyard and potential signings have identified this, I don't think this has changed. Baldock won't score if lob high balls up to him, but he will score fi we play through balls and low balls across the box for him. It is an obvious observation but one that illudes our management, coaches and players!

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
The comments on this and other threads about Baldock remind so much of those posted about CMS, running about a lot but with little outcome. Interesting that two players similar in stature, quick and always looking for the through should be seen in the same manner. We know that both CMS and Baldock can score so can the manager instruct his midfield to pass the ball to these guys in a scoring position. I have quoted in the past that Brighton is the strikers graveyard and potential signings have identified this, I don't think this has changed. Baldock won't score if lob high balls up to him, but he will score fi we play through balls and low balls across the box for him. It is an obvious observation but one that illudes our management, coaches and players!
Don't agree with this. We put in several balls yesterday low across the box and every time Baldock was miles behind them. He hasn't got the anticipation required at this level and he does not make runs that ask for that type of ball either.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Don't agree with this. We put in several balls yesterday low across the box and every time Baldock was miles behind them. He hasn't got the anticipation required at this level and he does not make runs that ask for that type of ball either.

Its happened so few times that he is supposed to know where the ball will land, the crosses you refer to were in one case pulled back so it was behind him and the other when looking for it to be puled back was straight across the goal in front of him. The guy is clearly quick, we're not utilising his skills and giving him opportunity, more wasted talent at the Amex. Ulloa missed many opportunities, but because he was afforded so many he scored more. Its not that our forwards are lacking.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Decent result, performance again below par, but an improvement on Tuesday.

Walton 7
Calderon 6
Greer 6 seems to be going for a goal a game - in the wrong net.
Dunk 7
Bennett J 7
Ince 8 my MoM
JFC 6 that cross was embarrassing
Gardner 5 scrappy goal, and that shot early second half was frankly an embarrassment. Not sure why he is preferred to Holla from Holland.
KLL 6 better than Tuesday but rarely makes an impact
Bennett E 6
Baldock 6 where was he when EB crossed that ball?!

We have looked better defensively in the last couple of games but we really need to sort out midfield. Bringing Ince in was a step in the right direction, but we are too slow and ponderous in the final third.

Sums up just about how i saw the game, the players really don't seem to have that positional understanding that a "TEAM" should have three times at least in the first half players attacking down the flanks cut the ball back into the box with no one there to pick up the pass, will this come with time or is it too much chopping and changing??

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Walton 7
Calderon 7
Greer 7
Dunk 7
J Bennett 7
Ince 8* Influential
JFC 6
Gardner 7
KLL 8 MOTM
E Bennett 6
Baldock 5 Improving

Subs:
McCourt 4

Hyypia 7

Referee 3

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Walton 7 Throwing him in has paid off, he looks calm, assured and confident. The signing of Al-Habsi has been proven to be a waste of time.
Calderon 6 Such a wonderful player, passionate about the team and hard working - he might lack the quality of Bruno but the man is solid.
Greer 5 Not at his best, again. Some misplaced passes, another own goal attempt and didn't offer much attacking set pieces.
Dunk 6 Composure, strength on the ball, confidence and positional awareness. Sheer class, a big miss at Norwich.
Joe Bennett 7 Very solid and technically good, both of which are required when playing the left wing without much protection.
Gardner 6 Good finish, kept the ball moving through midfield and worked hard enough.
Ince 6 Let down by his careless touches and passes, but covered so much ground and put in so many blocks, tackles and interceptions.
Forster-Caskey 6 The good he does is ignored, and the negative is highlighted. He was no better or worse than the other midfielders.
LuaLua 4 League 1 standard player. A good left footed delivery in the first half which should have been attacked, but crap otherwise.
E Bennett 7 By far our best player and puts the inability of LuaLua into perspective. Creative and talented, we need him back permanently.
Baldock 3 Pathetic performance. Weak, slow, barely put in any work, hardly broke a sweat. Bloody rubbish.

Subs
McCourt 5 I don't mind him giving the ball away at times because he takes risk and tries to make things happen, we need that.
O'Grady 2 Rubbish footballer at this level in a team not suited to him. If we change the style, he might have a chance. But we won't, so he doesn't.

A very disappointing team line up and performance all over the pitch, but for Walton and the Bennett's plus Dunk.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Just back from the game (Via Gatwick:))

Walton 6
Calderon 6
Greer 5
Dunk 6
J Bennett 7 MOM
Ince 6 gave the ball away too much but did win a lot of tackles
JFC 5 Should play further upfield (please Sami)
Gardner 6
KLL 6 gave the ball away too much
E Bennett 6
Baldock 6 just like CMS needs support and our midfield does not support attacks. Too many times he is in the box alone KLL & Bennett are on either wing and that is it!

Subs:
McCourt 5 I would like to see him start a game
O'Grady N/A Why on earth did he come on in the 89th minute???? were we hanging on for the draw?

Sami 4 Our defence was losing 1st 2nd and 3rd headers in the 2nd half He was a great CB FFS so either he cannot coach them or they all ignore him?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Walton 7

Calderon 6
Bennett 7
Greer 6
Dunk 6

Gardner 7
JFC 6
Ince 8 Mom

Lua Lua 6
Bennett 7

Baldock 4

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
McCourt better than Baldock?! Laughable. You must have been in The Swan from midday.

McCourt was pretty poor when he came on but at least tried. If Baldock was trying in that game he's far worse than we think he is. I know football is about opinions but I really can't see how anyone could watch that game and think Baldock wasn't awful.

Walton 7

Calderon 6.5
Greer 6
Dunk 6
Bennett 7.5

Gardner 5
JFC 5
Ince 7.5 -bearing he appeared our entire midfield he did very well

Lua Lua 5.5
Bennett 7.5

Baldock 3 - we don't play a system that suits him, but he doesn't make runs or put in much effort

Subs
O'Grady 5.5
McCourt 5

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I thought Baldock was very poor, but I dont think you can criticise his effort, like CMS he puts a proper shift in.

He needs to get in the box though, Saturday we put several great balls in and he was no where to be seen

He is so weak, defenders are smoking a cigar against him at present.

Makes me realise what a good job CMS did for 2 years on his own up front before Ulloa'a arrival.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here