Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Grubbs or Burger Off?!?!

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I have the need for a dirty burger, that's within 10 minutes walk of Davigdor Road, these 2 are the only places I can think of. Which one is best?!?! Or is there another place close by that is even better (someone's mentioned something about a place in seven dials but I can't remember the name!)

And yes I'm well aware of Trolls, Meat Liquor and Burger Bros, but it's wet and cold outside, and I want to be quick because I'm hungry!!!!

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
If your indoors you can always get one delivered to you. From a place called "lumberjacks"
But It won't give you the dirty burger you crave. It's more like fresh chicken breast in a burger or a wrap.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I have no idea as I am not local, but it's good to see you on here and I hope you are feeling a bit more like your old self, mate. Have a good Saturday evening.

Worthingite

Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I have no idea as I am not local, but it's good to see you on here and I hope you are feeling a bit more like your old self, mate. Have a good Saturday evening.

Thanks mate!!! And yourself :)

Worthingite

Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
If your indoors you can always get one delivered to you. From a place called "lumberjacks"
But It won't give you the dirty burger you crave. It's more like fresh chicken breast in a burger or a wrap.

That looks ok if I'm doing a take-away with a lady, and I'm trying to be conscious of not looking like the fat ******* I am. But I am craving pure and utter dirt from my burger, the sort of thing that will clog your arteries just by looking at it!!!!!

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
I remember, several years ago, phoning Burger Off to order a burger for collection, and getting the proprietor' s voicemail, advising that he was closed due to gastric problems. It kinda put me off, so a vote for Grubbs from me.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Do Grubbs still do home delivery? Mind you, I wouldn't advise it even if they do. I ordered a burger via that once and it was totally indedible - turns out all home delivery orders are made at the Hove (Western Rd/Palmeira Square) branch, and the burgers are pretty much cold dry stale lumps by the time they reach Brighton addresses.

On a separate note, there have been rumours going round in the past couple of weeks that at least one Grubbs (the branch in St James's Street) is closing down soon. Is anyone ITK re this at all? Ta.

Worthingite

Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Grubbs are great, especially the London road one, but ive found the one in western road to be a bit meh recently, hence why I was asking. Plus the weather is a bit hellish, so I can't find the effort to leave the warmth. Think, on balance of that I'll give Burger off a go!!!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
In that neighbourhood, Burger Off, by a mile. No contest whatever.

Smoque Grill by the Pepper Pot is worth a try for those on Muesli Mountain ...

Worthingite

Sep 16, 2011
Worthing

Oh I say..... They deliver too!!!!! Thank you ever so, that sneaked in at the last minute as I was about to leave!!!!!

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
Burgeroff ...........I love a burger , worked at uncle sams for years but for for that price range Burgeroff wins hands down against Grubbs or Uncle Sams !

Personnally tonight I'm making " smashed burgers "......,...google it , you will for ever love them once you get the hang of making them........

Jul 7, 2003
Grubbs are great, especially the London road one, but ive found the one in western road to be a bit meh recently, hence why I was asking.

Have to agree - the last one I had from Western Road was very bland and not like the Grubbs of old. Be interesting to see what you think of Burger Off as I've never been. Burger Brothers in town are the best for me, closely followed by the Troll.

Worthing is a desert when it comes to burgers these days. There is a new place opening in Broadwater soon (Boston Burger) so maybe that will help but I'm not holding out too much hope.

Worthingite

Sep 16, 2011
Worthing

You sir, are possibly my favourite person on the planet!!!!

To everyone else - Smoque Grill is just amazing - and they delivered so I didn't even have to go out. KnocksGrubbs in Western Road clean out. Actually need to have a lay down after eating that!!!!!!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

[MENTION=10202]Not Andy Naylor[/MENTION] Thanks for the tip off! Didn't even know it existed. Been twice now and it's a :thumbsup: from me

ps.. Just for clarification my post is referring to Smoque Grill. :)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here