Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could UKIP win the General Election ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
No. Mr Farage and his rag tag army may possibly hold the balance of power after the election but they won't win it. Mind you, talk about Turkeys voting for Christmas, Nigel does quite nicely financially from a European parliament he says he despises.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Yes, and I'll tell you for why:

B10y315CUAAQx_w.jpg

GM98

Sep 6, 2008
Shoreham
Everything is possible, so yes they could. Will they, will depend on ministers saying one thing, then trying to say something that everyone can see through. "I will not pay this amount on the 1st of December"

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
if that was the count of the actual vote labour would win, the increased votes for ukip would gain them a few seats but would mostly take seats away from the conservatives.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
:lolol: as this is Enrest i will treat the question accordingly.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
I've said this before but that 24% of the vote does not necessarily mean 24% of the seats - for precedence go back to the 1983 election when the SDP took 25% of the vote but less than 10% of the seats.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Nice we are baling out France and Germany for a change we should be proud that we not the sick one of Europe, enjoy it because if Labour get back in we will get our position back as the sick country of Europe again. Let's get the north back to work it might take the pressure of building in the South East. We need a good debate on the pros and cons of Europe.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I've said this before but that 24% of the vote does not necessarily mean 24% of the seats - for precedence go back to the 1983 election when the SDP took 25% of the vote but less than 10% of the seats.

And the SDP were winning by-elections with the sort of swings that UKIP can only dream about. Not only that; the SDP were a credible party, with a rational set of policies and a formidable leadership, including four ex-cabinet ministers. If the SDP couldn't achieve any sort of breakthrough with their pedigree, how are the rag-bag bunch in UKIP going to do so with their back-of-fag-packet policies?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Seeing the spin put on this supposed deal over the EU rebate by Osborne suggests what will happen in Camerons great renegotiation before the 2017 In Out referendum. Farage will be laughing his socks off tonight
Whatever Ca-moron 're-negotiates' (if he gets re-elected) will be smoke and mirrors, just like this. The entire ruling and chattering classes will put all the spin on it they can - and millions of us will be fooled into believing it. Same as when the Thatcher woman was going to put those Europeans in their place - and then signed the Single European Act.

No, unfortunately I don't think UKIP can win this election - but hopefully they can tear a new one in the inept and decaying two party set up we've got at the moment.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
The people are sick to death of Labour and Tories, the lies, the bullshit. Many want THIS country to be protected and fought for, you know, our people. Wake up England.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Even as a UKIP supporter I recognise UKIP can't win the election. They could hold the balance of power though.

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
UKIP won't win, but I think it's amazing how many dyed in the wool Tory and labour supporters are writing them off. They are nicking votes from everywhere, left, right and centre.

To suggest everyone who is considering voting UKIP is a racist nutter is also very foolish and a bit lazy really. I think UKIP will give the two main parties a massive wake up call in May.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here