Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So... Rooks v Seagulls at the Pan next Wednesday...

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Charlie Harris looked good in pre-season but seems to have faded back into obscurity.

One note: Lewes goalkeeper Rikki Banks works for his dad's building firm, who did our kitchen. Evidence of his handling skills came when he dropped a pane of glass on the garden path, shattering it into a thousand pieces. In fairness, he wasn't wearing his goalkeeping gloves at the time, but neither had the piece of glass taken a wicked deflection nor was he unsighted.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I have to say, it was a very disappointing display, woeful at times.

I have to agree.

Although I like the little guy Willshire, I couldnt see what style Brighton were trying to achieve, they seemed to be playing in a similar style to Lewes and you could hardly diffrentiate who the pro team was, we would sometimes pass it and sometimes smash it aimlessly.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Their second goal was an absolute scorcher from about 30 yards out and on the balance of play Lewes thoroughly deserved to go through.

I reckoned it was more like a 35 yard howitzer, swerved a lot and the keeper never moved. Bang on though, Lewes were far the better team and it was literally men against boys. The U21s struggled to pass the ball on a bobbly pitch but there was not a lot of evidence of playing it out from the back, the keeper was under instructions (a la first team) to chip it to the wide man, only problem being we were a couple of inches shorter there and all over the pitch.

Fenelon played the first 70 minutes and did well to set up the goal. But most of the evening he strolled around as though the game was beneath him. If he wants to make it he will have to work much harder - God knows there should be incentive for him at present. The keeper made some decent saves but no-one stood out for Albion. The part-timers were fitter as the match went on, I suspect a number of the youngsters have never played 120 minutes before.

Credit to Lewes, they are on a decent run now and I shall be following them with interest in the next round. The crowd really got behind them and after the late (and deserved) free kick equaliser, I thought "there's only gonna be 1 winner now".

PG

PS VG drop of Harveys at £3.30/pint(!)

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
So much for the club having a distinctive playing style running through all levels of the club - oh, hang on, my mistake, of course they were playing the same way as the first team!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here