Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So... Rooks v Seagulls at the Pan next Wednesday...

Rooks & Seagulls

Aug 21, 2014
Kick off 7:45pm, gates open 6:30pm - £8 adults, £4 Concessions, kids under 16 free.

Sussex Senior Cup (The big one)

Beach Huts available...

Look forward to seeing you there!

Here's the poster for the game:
Lewes v Brighton SSC .jpg

Rooks & Seagulls

Aug 21, 2014
The Pan is looking good today - expecting a decent crowd for tonight's game - should be a good test for the Rooks to come up against some decent opposition...

photo 22.jpg

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Lewes are in a run of good form as well, but have just lost one of their best players

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
From the twitter feed it seems to be all Lewes.......... Except for Cameron Wiltshire's goal that has Albion leading 1-0

Edit: until Lewes equalise with the last kick of the match (defending too deep like the first team?)

No end of season Amex game for the development lads

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Their second goal was an absolute scorcher from about 30 yards out and on the balance of play Lewes thoroughly deserved to go through.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
I am now very worried about our recruitment policy. On this showing there is not one player in tonight's team that is anywhere near the Brighton first team. I expected to see a bit of class from the ex Chelsea academy players, but Pappoe was banned and Cole and Kandi on the bench and when they came on looked quite frankly average. If Burke is responsible for recruiting first team and development players then he should definitely go. The young goalkeeper, Dallison the centreback and Jesse Starkey looked as if they had something about them. Cameron Wiltshire who got the the goal also played well, but is 4ft 6" and will never physically make a championship player. The rest I have seen better in the county league. Lewes should have been 5-1 up by the final whistle not scoring by the last kick to equalize. It really was a case of men against boys and a under 21 side with supposedly the future of the club playing should have been able to compete at this level. I am looking forward to hearing what the manager has to say because it smacks of the first team, no matter how you train a lot of the players are not at the level required. No wonder we are going out and getting loans when we have nothing coming through and I fear that if we continue to recruit the way we are the academy is going to be a white elephant. I realise that Walton has played for the development squad but he was brought in half knowing he was good enough and a fee paid and didn't come through the ranks. I came away quite depressed tonight as even the future on the pitch doesn't look too bright and most people I talked to tonight said they were disappointed in the quality of our development squad. I will go to the Amex to see how we get on against Arsenal, but it could be humiliation time.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here