Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Northstand singing two songs at the same time

emphyrian

May 25, 2004
Woodingdean
i normally sit on the east side of the North stand. Last night at half time i moved to sit with some friends next to the police box. they sing loud and often but from my normal seat you cant hear them. I think they would move to the middle the North stand would be the cauldron of noise we want.

Hope this happens one day.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
North much better last night. The most unison its been all season IMO.

WSU was decent as well.

Atmosphere much better with less in for some strange reason

The judge

Sep 28, 2011
Portslade
The North could be one but who would give up there seats for the singers from the north west to move into the middle . I moved from there to be with people who wanted to make a bit of atmosphere and because like Thunder Bolt said in his post we got a fair bit of grief in the middle from people . I met Chris Baker a few times and people with his help were being moved to the north west corner . Chris has now moved on which is a shame as he was trying to create an area of like minded people who support the club . Last night seemed to go a bit as new faces showed up and wanted to put in a shift and the stewards seemed to allow an atmosphere to build . For me the thing about the police box crew having there own agenda is not on when i travel on away days i make the trip with the singers from the middle of the north stand . Anyone who wants to be part of it is more than welcome lets get behind the team . All the best the Knob in the puffer jacket .

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
i normally sit on the east side of the North stand. Last night at half time i moved to sit with some friends next to the police box. they sing loud and often but from my normal seat you cant hear them. I think they would move to the middle the North stand would be the cauldron of noise we want.

Hope this happens one day.

i sit in N1H, east side of the north stand, i was thinking of moving to get in the singing area, but didn't want to go on my own. i love getting behind the team but not many sing where we sit. but as you said i would love for the singers to be more in the middle area. then hopefully it would get others start to sing.
i start to sing on my own but feel stupid.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
The police box lot were excellent and provided the majority of the noise. Just frustrating the middle/right never joined in and vice versa. All a bit pathetic

oh sami sami

Sep 2, 2014
I get this but there is a strange anomaly in that from the north end of WSU I could hear a chant from what can only have been about 12 Wigan fans...

I was impressed by the NW last night. They gave TBBAWA a really good go and only indulged in a couple of euro/Rangers/Celtic wannabee numbers.

"Go Left, Go Left" even sounded decent for once..!

European/Celtic/rangers chants? Which chants was it. Personally I don't see the problem with having songs that other clubs sing too

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
i sit in N1H, east side of the north stand, i was thinking of moving to get in the singing area, but didn't want to go on my own. i love getting behind the team but not many sing where we sit. but as you said i would love for the singers to be more in the middle area. then hopefully it would get others start to sing.
i start to sing on my own but feel stupid.

I was talking to the main singer in the police box crowd, he stated that plans were ongoing to get the singers together....unfortunately the club member dealing with this has since left the club.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
I was talking to the main singer in the police box crowd, he stated that plans were ongoing to get the singers together....unfortunately the club member dealing with this has since left the club.

that's a shame that he/she has gone, i was just saying how i would love for everyone to get singing, sorry

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Lots of people around me hate that shitty go left song and try to sing another song to counter it.

goldstone68

Aug 31, 2014
darkside
I for one moved my seats to the centre of the north to get the buzz I used to get many years ago in the north stand of the Goldstone. I can,t just sit in silence and watch the game, I like the lively atmosphere and the humerous comments that fly about.
The north centre was the place to be and should still be for the singers on mass, its a shame that the hard core of singers can,t get to that part of the ground, for people who just want the stigma of sitting in the north and sit quietly only joining in some times, maybe those people should move to allow the centre north to be great once again and be in unison with the songs. Or maybe the fault lies in the ticket sales people who should state on selling, that the north centre, left and right areas are for people who sing, shout and use flowery language and if you are easily offended please do not purchase this seats, other areas of the ground would be more suitable. And please tell the stewards to relax abit and let people enjoy the lively atmosphere.
There I have had my rant now, and I will proberly be shot down by a few people for saying it,(they would be the quiet ones).:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::albion2::albion2:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
You don't go to away games, do you?
What has that got to do with me going to away games? It's a shit chant and i couldn't care less where it was generated from or what history it holds.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
It's well nigh impossible for the Northstanders at the east end of the stand to hear anything that is coming out of the police box area.

No wonder the singing sounds muddled.

This is very true, I sit just to the east of the goal at the front and I rarely hear them. Maybe if they came out from under the police box they woud'nt sound so muffled and more people might hear them.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I sit in the east upper, north end. I can see it all going on, there's the police box fans and a few under the video screen. But as for the rest of the north, no one sings or anything. Especially the east side of the north, there's nothing going on there at all. So encouraging singers to move to the centre of the stand would help. The club should actively encourage this and the stewards should stop all the nonsense about sit down crap.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here