Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will you renew your season ticket if/when we get relegated?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
May be a price FREEZE if we go down and stick the prices up if we stay in the Championship 'so we have a competitive playing budget zzzzzzzzz'

In the unlikely event we are relegated, this is what I would expect to happen.

On topic: yes, of course I'd renew.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
At the moment I have two tickets. As my partner is unable to make most games due to a new job I'll probably not renew hers. As relegation is not an option then I'll renew but should the unthinkable happen then I'd expect a discount in as much as we were warned about an increase if we got into the prem.

Fat Langers

Dec 27, 2007
Yes. It's my club. Not bothered what level we play at (obviously premiership would be lovely!). I'm just grateful we have a fantastic stadium now and proud to be a part of it.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I would renew regardless of the division, manager, squad, stadium, etc..... we found ourselves with.

I have been going to games through the bad times and the good since before i can remember and dropping a division would never put me off.

I think a lot of the negativity on this board is from those who worry that if everything isn't perfect, then no-one will renew and the club will wither and die and by being negative, they think somehow they are acting in the clubs best interest and trying to safeguard it's future. What they don't realise is that the negativity does far more damage and is far more likely to put people off than things like relegation, etc.....

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What a load of old B~@@**ks

I have a ST at the moment, but there were times when I didn't have one for a variety of reasons.

I then went to every game, both home and away, that I could afford to.

Was I less of a 'supporter' then than I am now? Or just a follower?

There are, unfortunately, loads of Albion supporters, who have been priced out of having STs, and now go as and when they can. Does that really make them any less of a supporter?

No they are supporters, as I said whether they go to every game or occassional games. If they go to no games like me and my liking for Spurs they are followers. Quite simple really what is the Oxford Dictionary definition of support?

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
Yes, without a doubt x 3. After all, if we went down we'd be only two seasons away from the Prem...

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Yes x3

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Are you serious, really!! So people who spend their money on food and housing first and go to the football when they can afford it, are just followers? Wow what a bleeding snob you are mate. Can I ask are you 1901 material?

It's not splitting hairs, it's nonsense. Which is your real team ? Does it depend on results on the day ? Are you also saying you can't be a supporter unless you contribute financially ? What about those who can't afford it ? Are they lesser supporters as a result ? Jesus........

You jumped up prick. I can't afford to go to games at the moment, so does that mean that I don't support the club?

What a load of old B~@@**ks

I have a ST at the moment, but there were times when I didn't have one for a variety of reasons.

I then went to every game, both home and away, that I could afford to.

Was I less of a 'supporter' then than I am now? Or just a follower?

There are, unfortunately, loads of Albion supporters, who have been priced out of having STs, and now go as and when they can. Does that really make them any less of a supporter?

You are missing the point. I didnt have a season ticket until about 1980 that is 34 years after I started going to Albion matches it made me no better supporter than I had ever been when I paid on the gate as and when I could afford it. As regards Spurs I take an interest in how they are doing and their results but I follow them not support them. If peoples finances mean they can only go to 1 home game a season or they buy something from the club they have still supported the club. If they havent given £1 to the club how have they supported the club, followed them and their fortunes but not actually supported them in any way. To answer the question no I am not in 1901 cos I cannot afford it.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
You are missing the point. I didnt have a season ticket until about 1980 that is 34 years after I started going to Albion matches it made me no better supporter than I had ever been when I paid on the gate as and when I could afford it. As regards Spurs I take an interest in how they are doing and their results but I follow them not support them. If peoples finances mean they can only go to 1 home game a season or they buy something from the club they have still supported the club. If they havent given £1 to the club how have they supported the club, followed them and their fortunes but not actually supported them in any way. To answer the question no I am not in 1901 cos I cannot afford it.

Or how about you appreciate someone taking an interest in the club and wanting us to do well, regardless of how much money they pump into the club.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Who ever said that season ticket holders are the only SUPPORTERS? People who can't always afford to go can be SUPPORTERS as well you know.

This. Absolutely. Many of us never had a season ticket in our lives right up to the point where it became an option preferable to being entered into an increasingly-annoying ballot for a matchday ticket at Withdean. And judging by the large gap in pretendance/attendance figures, there's a significant number of STH who are 'supporters' mainly in the financial sense of the word. Same as it ever was eh?

Also, worth pointing out that we were all subject to the Amex Hard Sell of STs before it opened. Remember having to book a session and sit through that presentation before reserving your seat?

Last edited:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I have been a supporter since 1946 so seen us in every division during the good, bad and mediocre times why should I not renew my season ticket next season irrespective of which division we play in . It goes without saying most SUPPORTERS will renew followers may not.

Perhaps you should re-read what you actually said in the post that got everyone's backs up before going on the attack again......

It may be that it was badly phrased, but it clearly came across as a pompous post that you clearly (from the later post) didn't mean it to.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Sadly I have already decided not to renew, regardless of where we end up this season, too much of an overhead now, too little entertainment.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Perhaps you should re-read what you actually said in the post that got everyone's backs up before going on the attack again......

It may be that it was badly phrased, but it clearly came across as a pompous post that you clearly (from the later post) didn't mean it to.

You are probably right. What I actually meant was that most supporters circumstances and finance permitting would renew irrespective of the division. Followers who never go to games anyway, or buy anything from the club, but class themselves as supporters wouldnt but they didnt buy them in the first place so to me are followers not supporters.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Me and 3 sons all adults will be a no if we are relegated but a maybe if we stay up. This will break 26yrs of renewals for me if the worst case scenario happens

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
I would no matter what division we were in. But this is my last season as I'm moving to Holland for uni and it'll be just too expensive to go. May choose the odd game here and there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here