Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First Initial

Willie Young, Alan Young and Eric Young were all at the club at the same time - but did they ever all appear in the team at the same time? Chances of them being mistaken for each other would be remote.

(Just spotted previous post)

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
No names on shirts in the days of those 'brothers'.

Was Tommy in the squad for the game at Reading when Gary got sent off?

The Napiers were like Bennetts same name no relation but I think the poster was jesting about being brothers. Surely some team must gave had 2 Smiths at the same time. We had 2 Bobby Smiths but not at the same time.
I was indeed jesting, as indicated by the ' ' around 'brothers'!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Apart from the obvious one of the Napiers, we had three Youngs on the pitch in 1983/84, but again it was before names on the back of the shirt. Similarly, two Wards in the 1970s but Stephen didn't make the first team. Plus Mark and Simon Fox in the 1990s.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Willie Young, Alan Young and Eric Young were all at the club at the same time - but did they ever all appear in the team at the same time? Chances of them being mistaken for each other would be remote.

(Just spotted previous post)

All three did play together in April 1984.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Thankfully CMS didn't have to play alongside McHale, Smith

mchale_small.jpg

smith_small.jpg

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
a relatively average journeyman goalkeeper who played a few games for us that season

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuart_Jones_(footballer_born_1977)

nathan was our first choice left winger that season in what was a small squad so i'm assuming they played together

They played together in one game - for all of 54 minutes; a 2-0 defeat at Luton on February 10 2004. Stuart was in goal, and Nathan came on as a 9th minute sub for Paul Watson, before being replaced himself by Chris McPhee in the 63rd minute. - Luton 2 - 0 Albion Feb 10 2004

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
There was another goalkeeper called Chris Jones who was signed as cover for Kuipers in about 2003ish. I have a feeling he was Australian & I don't think he ever played a game, but he must have been in the same squad as Nathan Jones if he was around at that point.

I'm not thinking of Stuart Jones: he was separate.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
There was another goalkeeper called Chris Jones who was signed as cover for Kuipers in about 2003ish. I have a feeling he was Australian & I don't think he ever played a game, but he must have been in the same squad as Nathan Jones if he was around at that point.

I'm not thinking of Stuart Jones: he was separate.

Yep, he signed on March 5 2002 after being with the Albion on trial for about 3 weeks. Was named as a sub on about 3 occasions, but never played. Was released at the end of the season.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
But the big question is: did any of them ever wear their first initial on their shirt ???

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Oct 25, 2003
Jesus. I was a home and away regular in those days and still don't recognize him.

he was very forgettable. I think Roberts and Kuipers must have been injured and he was signed for cover (I think that was the season of Kuipers' motorbike accident?). The only game I saw him in was away to Luton where we lost and they ran out of food in the away end.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Not our players, but Norwich have twin forwards Jacob and Josh Murphy. I think one wears Murphy, the other J. Murphy.

Weretheweststand

Unregistered User
Aug 23, 2011
Hailsham
At Norwich, Elliot wore E.Bennett and his team mate Ryan Bennett wore R.Bennett. I don't think it's a 100% exact science though, I think it just depends on the club, so we could have elliot with the initial and joe without it. We'll just have to wait and see tomorrow night

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here