Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Found a cat

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
If you can, get one of those nice sturdy cat trees. They like something to own to climb and sleep on. A scratch pad would make sure your cat can sharpen it's claws without scratching your furniture. If she keeps sinking her gnashers into your back, get some cat toys that are safe for her to chew...

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
So northstandcat is still here, no phone call and yet to visit the vet.

Worried about the boredom during the day I purchased a couple of distractions in Sainsburys whilst returning from picking up a curry.

Since nothing has a name here, Mr Mouse was a disaster, but Mr Rat has gone down well. Oddly she spends more time walking about with it in her mouth than trying to kill it.

Vet hopefully at the weekend. Bloody cage thing purchased. I'm taking her to the nearest vet to where I found here in hope the vet may know.

Just as I type bitten again. Gets on my back settles down and just slowly digs here teeth in. Not suddenly but just like a vampire.
she is young .....the rat is her friend.
our Meggy had a Weeble she carried around for ages
maybe if you do decide to keep her get her a mate, same age to keep her company while you are away ......God listen to me thats how we started and at one time we had seven 7

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
If you can, get one of those nice sturdy cat trees. They like something to own to climb and sleep on. A scratch pad would make sure your cat can sharpen it's claws without scratching your furniture. If she keeps sinking her gnashers into your back, get some cat toys that are safe for her to chew...

She has those and the box (not much left now) is very popular. The biting thing is odd, some behaivoural nonsense. It's not a snap, it starts with the kneeding and ends with a deep chew.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
She has those and the box (not much left now) is very popular. The biting thing is odd, some behaivoural nonsense. It's not a snap, it starts with the kneeding and ends with a deep chew.

sign she was taken from mum to early

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton

Yeh, a visit to the vet might uncover some physical ailment, perhaps something with her teeth?

It's probably time to give her a name :smile:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
sign she was taken from mum to early

That's exactly what I thought.

I was brought up with many animals my Aunt (lives next to my mum) has only a couple of cats now, but used to have a house full of cats (over ten at one point I think), a couple of dogs and at one point chickens who would often wander into the house. The cats were quite scared of the chickens.

I've got a picture somewhere of me in my twenties with a chicken under one arm and a cat under another in her kitchen.

I clearly remember catching Feral kittens with a suitcase and string on the lid :) All very succesfully domesticated.

We had cats, dogs and mum still has the tortoise we grew up with.

My dad was brought up in that house and I understand at one point they had a pig.. in the house.

My uncle who actually lives up here, bred birds in his back garden for years.

Celia Hammond lives in the area and I went round her house once, when I started work. That was cats too far, I lost count.

When you too many cats I fail to see the point to be honest, so not for me.

Cats generally, I'm not that fussed - but couldn't leave a kitten alone in the big city. If I keep it it will go out although I'll get some advice on that. This isn't Burwash and I live near main roads. The foxes obviously are much harder up here.

I've also got regular blackbirds and robins :( Although the same Blackbird I think has corked it - been visiting for 4 years.

Last edited:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
That's exactly what I thought.

I was brought up with many animals my Aunt (lives next to my mum) has only a couple of cats now, but used to have a house full of cats (over ten at one point I think), a couple of dogs and at one point chickens who would often wander into the house. The cats were quite scared of the chickens.

I've got a picture somewhere of me in my twenties with a chicken under one arm and a cat under another in her kitchen.

I clearly remember catching Feral kittens with a suitcase and string on the lid :) All very succesfully domesticated.

We had cats, dogs and mum still has the tortoise we grew up with.

My dad was brought up in that house and I understand at one point they had a pig.. in the house.

My uncle who actually lives up here, bred birds in his back garden for years.

Celia Hammond lives in the area and I went round her house once, when I started work. That was cats too far, I lost count.

When you too many cats I fail to see the point to be honest, so not for me.

Cats generally, I'm not that fussed - but couldn't leave a kitten alone in the big city. If I keep it it will go out although I'll get some advice on that. This isn't Burwash and I live near main roads. The foxes obviously are much harder up here.

I've also got regular blackbirds and robins :( Although the same Blackbird I think has corked it - been visiting for 4 years.

there are many indoor cats and they do get used to it.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Update finally found the owner :)

Had the cat rescanned and the chip came up. Was actually a very small neutured male rather a kitten.

Called Dave apparently.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Update finally found the owner :)

Had the cat rescanned and the chip came up. Was actually a very small neutured male rather a kitten.

Called Dave apparently.

Delighted and sad for you and Dave at the same time!!!! Pleased he's found his rightful owner, but sad that he must have grown an attachment to you, and you to him. Top work for looking after him so well though mate.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
thats a little bit of Dave's life he will never forget
thank you for caring

and I bet you miss him?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here