Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
ali-al-habsi-311014-l229-2054308_478x359.jpg

Ali Al-Habsi
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
20:00 31st October 2014
by James Hilsum
When I arrived at the training ground for the first time, you can see how beautiful it is and that this is a top football club."
Ali Al-Habsi

Brighton & Hove Albion’s latest loan signing Ali Al-Habsi says he feels privileged to sign for the club and wants make a big impression during his one-month spell on the south coast.Al-Habsi completed the temporary move from Wigan Athletic on Friday and made no hesitation to sign for Albion, despite only learning of a possible move at very short notice.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “I had a call from my agent last night [Thursday] at 5 o’clock and he told me that the goalkeeper had a broken finger and that there was an opportunity for me to come here.
“There was no hesitation and I made the decision to join as soon as I received confirmation from my agent that the deal had gone through.
“Last season when we came here with Wigan, we had a really tough game and I didn’t think I’d be lucky enough to play for such a great football club.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Al-Habsi revealed that a short conversation with former Seagulls shot-stopper Tomasz Kuszczak after Wigan’s 2-1 win at the Amex last season, gave him a taste of what life was like at the club.“I had a chat with Kuszczak after the game and he said that’s it’s a fantastic football club especially with the training ground and everything.
“When I arrived at the training ground for the first time, you can see how beautiful it is and that this is a top football club.
“The main target is to play every game and keep clean sheets, which is always the best feeling. Hopefully I can have a great relationship with the fans.
“I’m now really looking forward to playing my first game and I will give 100 per cent for this football club. That’s what I’ve been doing when I was at Bolton and at Wigan and this is a chance to continue that. I’m ready to fight and give everything for this football club.”
Finally, Al Habsi is relishing the prospect of working with Sami Hyypia and cannot wait to work under the accomplished Finn.
“He’s a legend and was a big player with Liverpool who won the Champions League. I’m looking forward to meeting him and working with him during my time here.”
[h=3]ALBION V WIGAN
[/h]TUESDAY 4TH November, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V blackburn
[/h]saturday 8th november, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v fulham
[/h]SATURDAY 29TH NOVEMber, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here