Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Travellers are now in Hove

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
Agreed but given the 'excuse' from the police and the council is that they only have limited powers to deal with this problem you'd think Kitcat, the council CEO, Katy Bourne, Mike Weatherby, Caroline Lucas, Simon Kirby and every elected councillor would be lobbying the government hard and publicly for more powers ....... and there goes the tumbleweed ..... not a peep - they have all failed this city. I suggest when these people are canvassing for votes next year people remember to ask them how many letters, emails and phone calls they have made to try and get further powers.
Can't disagree with that but B&H isn't the only area plagued with this problem - it is a failure at national level as well as locally!

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
i don't live in Brighton or Hove thankfully...from the outside it seems this problem is getting worse ..they just move from site to site...i wonder what the cost of all this is re legal and cleaning up...seems to me they are just taking the piss

Part of the problem is that they are taking the piss - but leaving behind the sh!t and a whole lot more besides!

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I spoke to a councillor a while ago from another part of the country and its well known that B&H council are a soft touch on travellers which is why so many come here.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
No - post 42 details their vile and unwelcome behaviour it doesn't, for one second, explain your bullsh!t about 'inviting' or 'allowing' these travellers to do anything!! So, for the second time, try to justify what you've alleged? !
See post 43.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Ha ha! A green supporter getting aggressive! How oddly strange, or strangely odd? I will not do your research for you, just reiterate my point, Green policy has encouraged travellers into Brighton and Hove.

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
Ha ha! A green supporter getting aggressive! How oddly strange, or strangely odd? I will not do your research for you, just reiterate my point, Green policy has encouraged travellers into Brighton and Hove.

'Research' LOL you clearly haven't a clue! You can 'reiterate' anything you want but that doesn't make it correct and, as you can't write even a few words about this alleged policy , it is self-evident that you are spouting sheep-like nonsense!!
:sheep:

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
First make it a law,enforceable by immediate Police action that there is no parking of cars or caravans on public land...why all this messing about with going to court for 'possession order'.if it is council owned then you already possession.
The law of crimminal damage should be enforced straight away on the removing of locks,barriers,fences.
Photograph all vehicles trespassing for reference and check them for tax and insurance. It is free to park in Hailsham but every now and then the police close one park and do a vehicle check,tax,roadworthyness like tyres and condition
Any mess charge them with flytipping.

Enough of this pussyfooting around.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Work this out then.

Travellers can move onto hove lawns and it takes months for them to be evicted.

If I had a barbecue for my family there I'd be moved on in a heartbeat.........

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
They moved from the " site" just by the roundabout to get on the a27 by hangleton last night as I was driving along there. I had visions of them heading off to the Amex....it can only be a matter of time before they try again to get in the and set up home.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
First make it a law,enforceable by immediate Police action that there is no parking of cars or caravans on public land...why all this messing about with going to court for 'possession order'.if it is council owned then you already possession.
The law of crimminal damage should be enforced straight away on the removing of locks,barriers,fences.
Photograph all vehicles trespassing for reference and check them for tax and insurance. It is free to park in Hailsham but every now and then the police close one park and do a vehicle check,tax,roadworthyness like tyres and condition
Any mess charge them with flytipping.

Enough of this pussyfooting around.

I can't see anything wrong with this apart from where do they go ? I like the idea that there is an automatic law in place which means no having to run around getting court orders and evidence costing councils and landowners a fortune.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here