Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stunning breaking news in today's Argus

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
"I don't know if we haven't been able to replace him" .... What?

AN: "You haven't been able to replace Leo with the signing you've made"

SH: ""I don't know if we haven't been able to replace him"

Or something like that...

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Whilst we're having a moan about the Argus why did they feel it necessary to mention that the lad who very sadly passed away (http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/1157...ay_after_death_of_Alex_Maynard_from_Brighton/) had served a prison sentence? What relevance is that to his passing or the fact that his pals have raised a bucket load of cash in his honour?

I don't definitely know the answer, but I would imagine that it's quite possible that perhaps somebody amongst their readership objected to the Argus tribute for reasons connected to that fact, and contacted them to raise that objection. So that's their way of qualifying it in the event of further such comments.

As I say. Just a guess.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
@SkySportsPeteO: Brighton in talks with Wigan to sign goalkeeper Al Habsi on loan. #bhafc #wafc

Well looks like we're getting a keeper on loan for the injured STOCKDALE
I think we are going to play him up front, a bit of a physical presence, and certainly more comfortable in the 6 yard box than any of our current crop of fit forwards.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
"I don't know if we haven't been able to replace him" .... What?

I think he means that Baldock has not really had a chance to get going yet. He knows the other two are crap, surely ?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Today's headline story of the Biggens' leaking roof was a truly fascinating read, how can you miss it?

Can it possibly match up to last week's exclusive, the one where they informed us Katie Price was Not Happy about the roadworks in the city?

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Surely Baldock top scorer in league 1 is his replacement? I mean decent strikers have to come from somewhere, right? It's a bit embarrassing getting another striker in when we already bought in Colunga and Baldock.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Albion manager Sami Hyypia is desperate for a goalscoring replacement for Leo Ulloa.

Hyypia was unaware of Ulloa’s presence amongst the 4,000 travelling fans in Wednesday’s 2-0 exit from the Capital One Cup at Tottenham.

But he admits they have missed the Argentinian’s goals following his £8 million move to Leicester in July.

Ulloa hit 23 goals in 50 Championship outings for the Seagulls prior to Hyypia’s appointment.

He has also scored five goals in nine Premier League games for Leicester.

The strikers signed since Ulloa’s departure – Chris O’Grady, Sam Baldock and Adrian Colunga – are seeking to end a combined league goal drought spanning 23 appearances at Bournemouth tomorrow night (5.15pm).

Hyypia told The Argus: “I didn’t know that he (Ulloa) was there. I don’t know if we haven’t been able to replace him.

“He scored a lot of goals last year and every team needs a goalscorer.”

Hyypia remains tight-lipped about Albion’s activity in the loan transfer window, which closes on November 27, as he considers another rotation of his striker options at Bournemouth.

Sam Baldock was Cup-tied for the trip to Spurs, which included a late substitute appearance by Craig Mackail-Smith after four matches out with hamstring trouble.

Its ok, Burke will be on the case and as we know its not like a SHORT TERM STRIKER has gone on loan to other Cham clubs is it

Grant Holt
FFS
Taylor Fletcher
Sagbo
Etc

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Don't think Leo in this team/style would make much difference at the moment anyway.

Why? Apart from the last few games, we've made loads of chances and failed to convert them. Admittedly, not the case against Spurs, but so what?

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
This really is a case of kicking a guy when he's down, this is nothing.
I think what he's saying is it's too early to say if any signings have replaced Leo. What else is he meant to say? Yeah all 3 are rubbish.
I'm not writing Baldock off yet, the other two look rubbish. Not too surprised with OG as I think he was always bought as 4th choice although bringing a kid through would be preferred, but Colunga is a massive disappointment.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
This really is a case of kicking a guy when he's down, this is nothing.
I think what he's saying is it's too early to say if any signings have replaced Leo. What else is he meant to say? Yeah all 3 are rubbish.
I'm not writing Baldock off yet, the other two look rubbish. Not too surprised with OG as I think he was always bought as 4th choice although bringing a kid through would be preferred, but Colunga is a massive disappointment.

14 games is more than enough to make a judgement on all 3 of our zero-goal striker signings. Sami could have said something like we are always looking to improve our squad, and that includes our strikers. The man deserves the sack, and Burke too. Now. Before it is too late.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
14 games is more than enough to make a judgement on all 3 of our zero-goal striker signings. Sami could have said something like we are always looking to improve our squad, and that includes our strikers. The man deserves the sack, and Burke too. Now. Before it is too late.

Makes you wonder whether Sami had any input towards the strikers at all .... COG was on the cusp of him taking over as a cheap Ulloa replacement so no input with him I guess

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Albion manager Sami Hyypia is desperate for a goalscoring replacement for Leo Ulloa.

Hyypia was unaware of Ulloa’s presence amongst the 4,000 travelling fans in Wednesday’s 2-0 exit from the Capital One Cup at Tottenham.

But he admits they have missed the Argentinian’s goals following his £8 million move to Leicester in July.

Ulloa hit 23 goals in 50 Championship outings for the Seagulls prior to Hyypia’s appointment.

He has also scored five goals in nine Premier League games for Leicester.

The strikers signed since Ulloa’s departure – Chris O’Grady, Sam Baldock and Adrian Colunga – are seeking to end a combined league goal drought spanning 23 appearances at Bournemouth tomorrow night (5.15pm).

Hyypia told The Argus: “I didn’t know that he (Ulloa) was there. I don’t know if we haven’t been able to replace him.

“He scored a lot of goals last year and every team needs a goalscorer.”

Hyypia remains tight-lipped about Albion’s activity in the loan transfer window, which closes on November 27, as he considers another rotation of his striker options at Bournemouth.

Sam Baldock was Cup-tied for the trip to Spurs, which included a late substitute appearance by Craig Mackail-Smith after four matches out with hamstring trouble.

Can we arrange a free transfer for Hyppia, somewhere far away from the Amex?

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Is it possible that we can field two goalkeepers tomorrow? on present form cant see us keeping the score down. I have to admit that watching Bournemouth,Swansea,Watford etc,etc provides much more entertainment and goals,hopefully we can stay up in this league.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here