Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You see what the niave electorate of BN1 have done now?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
What an idiot the OP is. All she is asking for is an evidence based approach. Given the ridiculous sums of money we are spending on the War On Drugs wouldn't it be a good idea to see if it was being well spent.

She got very broad support for that on QT this evening. The only panelist against an evidence based approach was the completely out of touch Tory.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
What an idiot the OP is. All she is asking for is an evidence based approach. Given the ridiculous sums of money we are spending on the War On Drugs wouldn't it be a good idea to see if it was being well spent.

She got very broad support for that on QT this evening. The only panelist against an evidence based approach was the completely out of touch Tory.

She does cut through all the political crap on these issues. We need more politicians like her in parliament.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
With Caroline Lucas on the rampage in Brighton Pavilion and Norman Baker saying the same thing in Lewes, I can only assume that the good citizens of Kemp Town feel completely besieged.

The children of Mile Oak can whistle, there's a new cause in town - the children of Kemp Town. They urgently need thinking of...

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
She does cut through all the political crap on these issues. We need more politicians like her in parliament.

You mean one's that actually say what they think, have the courage of their convictions and aren't afraid of a healthy debate, ones that remember there are real people affected by decisions that they make

Of course she's not right about everything, who is? I don't doubt her motives one iota though. How many other MP's can you say that about?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Tristrum Hunt wasn't far away from the Tory's stance. He was very careful what he said and didn't fully commit to supporting the evidence based approach. Pity because normally Mr Hunt comes across quite well.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Attachments

• 5407853739_e583be661a_n.jpg
    5407853739_e583be661a_n.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Tristrum Hunt wasn't far away from the Tory's stance. He was very careful what he said and didn't fully commit to supporting the evidence based approach. Pity because normally Mr Hunt comes across quite well.

No - Hunt wouldn't support decriminalisation, which is sound, I'm uncomfortable on that without the evidence looked into.

He did advocate an evidence based approach. I thought he had a very good night last night. Mind you I'd fancy my chances against Owen Paterson. I'm no fan of Tories in general but I tend to understand why they have got where they have. I am absolutely baffled with that man, he's unlikable, out of touch and misguided. No wonder he was shunted round the minor ministries before being put out of his misery earlier this year.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
With Caroline Lucas on the rampage in Brighton Pavilion and Norman Baker saying the same thing in Lewes, I can only assume that the good citizens of Kemp Town feel completely besieged.

And Mike Weatherly the Tory Hove MP suggesting the same. We're under threat from all sides and angles.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Allowed Lucas to further use her self serving position of MP for pavilion to spout rubbish about drug laws. Who will vote for her this time?

Hopefully the pompous middle aged men who were influenced and coerced by their matriarchal partners will have learnt a harsh lesson as to how a good cositiutuency MP should serve their constituents . In her case not at all.

I miss Lepper I really do.

You're a "journalist", and you can't spell naive?

"Self serving position of MP"? I'm not sure what that even means. She was elected and she serves as an MP?

The fact that you think only people who were "influenced and coerced by their matriarchal partners" would vote for Lucas is sexist horseshit.

Your personal vendetta against her is tiresome in the extreme - some of us remember the libellous rubbish you posted when she was involved in the fracking protests.

Exactly why do you find her so threatening, Timmy?

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
You're a "journalist", and you can't spell naive?

"Self serving position of MP"? I'm not sure what that even means. She was elected and she serves as an MP?

The fact that you think only people who were "influenced and coerced by their matriarchal partners" would vote for Lucas is sexist horseshit.

Your personal vendetta against her is tiresome in the extreme - some of us remember the libellous rubbish you posted when she was involved in the fracking protests.

Exactly why do you find her so threatening, Timmy?[/QUOTE]
She exists out of every frame of reference he knows (not saying much, I'll grant you)
& is a woman with an opinion and a platform who is not his sainted Margaret

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003

Its a pity she doesn't use the evidence based approach for other issues, such as fracking, GM crops, stem cell research or Global Warming.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Allowed Lucas to further use her self serving position of MP for pavilion to spout rubbish about drug laws. Who will vote for her this time? :mad:

Corrected for you :wink:

You see what the Mods on NSC have done now?

Allowed HB&B to further use his regular position of NSC attention-seeking mega-bore to spout reactionary rubbish about every topic under the Sun. Who still takes him seriously, and why?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here