edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Eddie Howe will be disappointed.

Was HOOPS not available?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Keith Stroud is ref on Saturday for our game FRESH from sending off Swanseas player at Anfield Tuesday which didn't go down too well. Loves to flash his cards, 8 booked in the Blackpool game earlier in the season so a good bet that one or even both of Greer or Dunk will pick up a card and miss the Wigan game.
Don't think the ref will make much difference to the outcome on Saturday!

Might be an idea to play Hughes - we really don't need Greer and Dunk suspended at the same time.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Do you think Howe has his mobile number like Warnock has Clattenbergs ? Strange bromances indeed

Oh I'm sure twinkly, blue-eyed golden child Howe will manage to find another friend in black. He always does against us.

"Sure Eddie- what sort of penalty offence were you thinking of this time? Handball a yard outside the box? Superb defensive, ball-winning tackle? I tell you what: I haven't done one for a cheeky mutual jostle at a corner yet. How would that suit you? Fifty one minutes sound OK? I can chuck in a yellow card for Lewis Dunk too if you like".

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
After last night I am quite happy to have Hughes in for a game or two to cover.

Yep, I think we'd cope. Or at least we'd be no worse for it.

It's not the centre halves who are costing us, on the whole (OK, Greer & Dunk have made a couple of errors but by and large they've been OK). It's the full backs, not one of whom is defensively competent enough at Championship level.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick

It's not the centre halves who are costing us, on the whole (OK, Greer & Dunk have made a couple of errors but by and large they've been OK). It's the full backs, not one of whom is defensively competent enough at Championship level.

I don't think its their defensive skills that is the issue. The problem is that they are being asked to push forward (which is fine, as long as you have the required skills as an attacking player) but we aren't covering them well enough. The two games we won we had Bruno in one of the holding roles and this worked well as he could just slot into whichever full back position he needed to. Now we have Holla/Ince/JFC in the middle, none of them are covering well enough.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I don't think its their defensive skills that is the issue. The problem is that they are being asked to push forward (which is fine, as long as you have the required skills as an attacking player) but we aren't covering them well enough. The two games we won we had Bruno in one of the holding roles and this worked well as he could just slot into whichever full back position he needed to. Now we have Holla/Ince/JFC in the middle, none of them are covering well enough.

Maybe. I just think Chicksen is beaten far too easily by even average players, then, when he does go forward, he stops, turns back, and passes sideways, mostly to an opponent. He of all of them is the one I just don't think is Championship level.

Calderon is an absolute hero, and suggesting he might not be quite up to it feels like I'm kicking a kitten. But his pace or lack of means he can also be beaten quite easily, and with little or no assistance from wide players, he's left exposed. Bruno doesn't really do defending, and nor, it seems, does Joe Bennett.

Anyway. Back on track. Aren't referees RUBBISH? :)

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Oh I'm sure twinkly, blue-eyed golden child Howe will manage to find another friend in black. He always does against us.

"Sure Eddie- what sort of penalty offence were you thinking of this time? Handball a yard outside the box? Superb defensive, ball-winning tackle? I tell you what: I haven't done one for a cheeky mutual jostle at a corner yet. How would that suit you? Fifty one minutes sound OK? I can chuck in a yellow card for Lewis Dunk too if you like".

'And don't worry Eddie I've got the Stylistics tickets for next month'

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Maybe. I just think Chicksen is beaten far too easily by even average players, then, when he does go forward, he stops, turns back, and passes sideways, mostly to an opponent. He of all of them is the one I just don't think is Championship level.

Calderon is an absolute hero, and suggesting he might not be quite up to it feels like I'm kicking a kitten. But his pace or lack of means he can also be beaten quite easily, and with little or no assistance from wide players, he's left exposed. Bruno doesn't really do defending, and nor, it seems, does Joe Bennett.

Anyway. Back on track. Aren't referees RUBBISH? :)

Very harsh re Bruno and don't agree at all. He provides excellent cover, keeps the shape far better than the rest, even in this ridiculous system we are playing.

In terms of Chicks, he needs a winger to play in tandem with him, last night for example KLL was so far in-field, his only option was to turn round. However, I just wonder whether he is one of those whose 'potential' will never be realised.

Bennett is incredibly average at defending and as you say poor Caldy is on borrowed time (sadly).

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

And our dwarves merrily running around without sticking the round white thing in the effing net.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
And our dwarves merrily running around without sticking the round white thing in the effing net.

An indisputable fact. Though I could imagine Cristiano Ronaldo getting macked off with the service he'd get in this team. Imagine his face as yet another move failed to get the ball in the danger area, or yet another clearance was aimlessly twatted over his carefully coiffured head.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Very harsh re Bruno and don't agree at all. He provides excellent cover, keeps the shape far better than the rest, even in this ridiculous system we are playing.

In terms of Chicks, he needs a winger to play in tandem with him, last night for example KLL was so far in-field, his only option was to turn round. However, I just wonder whether he is one of those whose 'potential' will never be realised.

Bennett is incredibly average at defending and as you say poor Caldy is on borrowed time (sadly).

I suspect "Chicks" (?) is another of those players whose potential will never be realised, at this club.

el punal

OMG! I'd forgotten about those cock-ups. But it's ok those were at our home fixtures. So now we're playing at the Goldenballs or whatever stadium it's called now we might get a decision in our favour . . . . no, sorry, I'm dreaming.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here