Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Canadians don't like racists

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
There is a huge difference between explaining something and justifying it. Often lost on NSC but a clear distinction that is relevant here.

If you choose to ignore the reasons for a problem then it will never be solved.

Perhaps, should keep an eye out in your own country BF.
Fortunately your Foreign Minister has her finger on the pulse. Refreshing to hear the comments of the newsreader, i am sure our newsreaders would be hauled over the coals.
Anyway, the video is quite enlightening.
https://au.tv.yahoo.com/sunrise/video/watch/25383464/soldiers-of-khilafah-video-condemned/

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Perhaps, should keep an eye out in your own country BF.
Fortunately your Foreign Minister has her finger on the pulse. Refreshing to hear the comments of the newsreader, i am sure our newsreaders would be hauled over the coals.
Anyway, the video is quite enlightening.
https://au.tv.yahoo.com/sunrise/video/watch/25383464/soldiers-of-khilafah-video-condemned/

Don't worry about it SM I am on to it.

Funny how this shit still happens with our 'world leading' immigration program.

You should come over SM you would love our Government. I go and protest against them every month or so :)

"Is there anything the government can do to stop incidents like this?"

"Yes there certainly is, we can stop following America into war in the middle east to secure our future oil usage. We could also reignite our sustainable energy programs so we are not so reliant on middle eastern oil, this way we could be self sufficient and power ourselves by the sun that endlessly beats down on us every day. If we left them alone and minded our own business they could sort their shit out and leave us alone." (obviously she didn't say that :) )

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Don't worry about it SM I am on to it.

Funny how this shit still happens with our 'world leading' immigration program.

You should come over SM you would love our Government. I go and protest against them every month or so :)

"Is there anything the government can do to stop incidents like this?"

"Yes there certainly is, we can stop following America into war in the middle east to secure our future oil usage. We could also reignite our sustainable energy programs so we are not so reliant on middle eastern oil, this way we could be self sufficient and power ourselves by the sun that endlessly beats down on us every day. If we left them alone and minded our own business they could sort their shit out and leave us alone." (obviously she didn't say that :) )

I probably would "love your government" and the country. Obviously many Brits have left our shores (including yourself) for a better life and it seems your government wants to protect the life that you and others opted for......good on them.
Seems to me (as stated by your government) that people are welcome if they integrate and respect the laws and the culture of the country.
They don't seem to have done too badly BF, you are still there, and although you think and seem to post that the UK is fine and dandy, you are not rushing to come back.
Maybe a lot of Aussies do not share your views, not sure as i don't live there.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I probably would "love your government" and the country. Obviously many Brits have left our shores (including yourself) for a better life and it seems your government wants to protect the life that you and others opted for......good on them.
Seems to me (as stated by your government) that people are welcome if they integrate and respect the laws and the culture of the country.

Immigrants have a fine history of integrating and respecting the laws and culture of the country, just ask the aboriginals, they are close to be recognised in the constitution after 200 years.

They don't seem to have done too badly BF, you are still there, and although you think and seem to post that the UK is fine and dandy, you are not rushing to come back.

Australia is a great country with many fantastic people despite our governments not because of them. I would move back to the UK tomorrow but I made a choice and will make the best of it.

Maybe a lot of Aussies do not share your views, not sure as i don't live there.

Of course a lot of Aussies don't share my views, there are 22 million of us.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

It is heartening that after so long telling me that i don't understand what is going on in the UK you are now realising that Australia is sharing the same problems with extremist Islamic elements.

We share the same problems despite having an immigration policy that is far far more stringent than the UK's. Perhaps mass immigration is not the problem?

I would suggest that this is a good indication that in fact it is our shared involvement in following the US into the middle east is in fact the problem. Maybe if we kept out of other peoples countries and minded our own business we would not be in this mess.

As i said before the solution to Australia's problems are renewable energy and utilising the natural resource of sunshine to power us instead of getting involved in oil rich nations of dubious stability. However our government denies climate change and has no interest in renewable energy (ignoring the fact that renewable energy is not just about climate change) so we will continue to follow the oil hungry US into making the extremist situation worse and continue selling our brown coal to the world because it is "good for humanity" (Tony Abbot 2014).

having said that bikie gangs are a massive problem as is the ice that they are currently peddling round our country towns (mine os one of the worst hit).

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
It is heartening that after so long telling me that i don't understand what is going on in the UK you are now realising that Australia is sharing the same problems with extremist Islamic elements.

We share the same problems despite having an immigration policy that is far far more stringent than the UK's. Perhaps mass immigration is not the problem?

I would suggest that this is a good indication that in fact it is our shared involvement in following the US into the middle east is in fact the problem. Maybe if we kept out of other peoples countries and minded our own business we would not be in this mess.

having said that bikie gangs are a massive problem as is the ice that they are currently peddling round our country towns (mine os one of the worst hit).

"I would suggest that this is a good indication that in fact it is our shared involvement in following the US into the middle east is in fact the problem. Maybe if we kept out of other peoples countries and minded our own business we would not be in this mess."

So how do you account for the troubles from the same extremist ideology in Sweden, Denmark, Holland, Germany etc...are they "a good indication that in fact it is our shared involvement in following the US into the middle east is in fact the problem" as well.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
"I would suggest that this is a good indication that in fact it is our shared involvement in following the US into the middle east is in fact the problem. Maybe if we kept out of other peoples countries and minded our own business we would not be in this mess."

So how do you account for the troubles from the same extremist ideology in Sweden, Denmark, Holland, Germany etc...are they "a good indication that in fact it is our shared involvement in following the US into the middle east is in fact the problem" as well.

I don't know i don't live in those places :)

Fair point though. I suspect that our extremist friends don't think too carefully about what 'the west' really consists of.

Or maybe it is mass immigration.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I don't know i don't live in those places :)

Fair point though. I suspect that our extremist friends don't think too carefully about what 'the west' really consists of.

Or maybe it is mass immigration.

Or maybe as in the countries iv'e mentioned, add to that Nigeria, Yemen, Somalia etc, who also have no involvement, little immigration, could mean that they are the racists.
Be very difficult to have a "Muslim Hate Social Experiment " in countries that are over 90% Muslim eh.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Or maybe as in the countries iv'e mentioned, add to that Nigeria, Yemen, Somalia etc, who also have no involvement, little immigration, could mean that they are the racists.
Be very difficult to have a "Muslim Hate Social Experiment " in countries that are over 90% Muslim eh.

it would be hard to argue that Nigeria and Somalia have not been subject to western intervnetion. I am not sure about Yemen as i don't know much about it.

What about the 65% of Muslims who live in South East Asia with no terrorism and no problems. Surely if it was a Muslim problem then Indonesia, Thailand, India and Malaysia would be over run with terrorists?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
it would be hard to argue that Nigeria and Somalia have not been subject to western intervnetion. I am not sure about Yemen as i don't know much about it.

What about the 65% of Muslims who live in South East Asia with no terrorism and no problems. Surely if it was a Muslim problem then Indonesia, Thailand, India and Malaysia would be over run with terrorists?
Southern Thailand and parts of Malaysia are 'no go' zones for westerners, but you know that I guess?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Blimey BF, where have you been. Muslims have been slaughtering the Buddhists in Southern Thailand for a long while now. This part of Thailand has a lot of Muslims living there. Some of the graphical pictures of people (including small children) with limbs and heads totally dismembered would really shock you.
India has a very big problem with Muslims, where have you been cobber??
Just an example here.
http://www.hrw.org/news/2014/04/04/thailand-southern-separatists-target-women

https://islamicpersecution.wordpress.com/tag/buddhists-beheaded-in-southern-thailand/

The main reason for Hindu-Muslim tension is that the Indian Muslim is yet to identify himself fully with India, its people and its culture. Let the Indian Muslim feel and say that this is his country and these are his people, and the problem will cease. It is a matter of changing his psychology.
http://www.golwalkarguruji.org/shri...gurujis-interviews/issues-with-indian-muslims

Last edited:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
No, you are. Unless you truly believe that all societies enjoy the same level of freedoms that we do in the West, and where they don't it's all somehow our fault. ISIS-held Syrian territory would be an obvious answer (where you can get murdered for being a non-Muslim and beheaded for being a Westerner), but I'm sure you would produce a tenuous geo-political argument (that we'd then spend dozens of posts dissecting) to justify it and would boil down in the end to little more than the Islamic equivalent of 'Germans bombed our chippy'.

The bottom line is that, leaving aside places like Afghanistan, (where, yeah, your original point is valid) globally 'Westernaphobia' is FAR more of a problem than 'Islamaphobia'.

By Westernaphobia you mean Occidentalism? It already has a name not that plebs like Dave in Prague would get it.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Blimey BF, where have you been. Muslims have been slaughtering the Buddhists in Southern Thailand for a long while now. This part of Thailand has a lot of Muslims living there. Some of the graphical pictures of people (including small children) with limbs and heads totally dismembered would really shock you.
India has a very big problem with Muslims, where have you been cobber??
Just an example here.
http://www.hrw.org/news/2014/04/04/thailand-southern-separatists-target-women

My understanding is that the stuff in southern Thailand is about separatist groups and government brutality, nothing really to do with religion.

The main reason for Hindu-Muslim tension is that the Indian Muslim is yet to identify himself fully with India, its people and its culture. Let the Indian Muslim feel and say that this is his country and these are his people, and the problem will cease. It is a matter of changing his psychology.
http://www.golwalkarguruji.org/shri...gurujis-interviews/issues-with-indian-muslims

Not sure about the stuff in India but the article you posted seems to be somewhat biased. I will have a look when i have time.

Anyway we have gone over this endlessly SM. You will continue to blame Islam for the ills of the world (and find plenty of evidence to back up your idea) and I will continue to disagree with you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here