Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What have you done today to make you feel proud??

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Thought I was being nice and helpful on Monday, but apparently not.

Going up the escalator coming out of Victoria tube station, the chap in front of me had a backpack on and the zip on one of the pockets was open with his iPad clearly visible. So I tapped him on shoulder and asked him, did he know it was open as someone could easily have nicked his ipad without him knowing, and I just got a volley of verbals back telling me not be so ****ing nosey looking in his bag :shrug: :tosser:

I would have been tempted to do a 'Kirstie' and take it out and throw it down the bloody escalator!:D:lolol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What have you done today to make you feel proud?
A five year old thread, with only 79 replies. What a miserable load of bleeders we must be...
Quite the opposite. We're humble in our achievements, pride is one of the deadly sins.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I would have been tempted to do a 'Kirstie' and take it out and throw it down the bloody escalator!:D:lolol:
Just throw the ****ing thing down the escalator, no need to take it out.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I repaired our automatic cat flap the other day. You know the one where only your cat can get in the house as it recognises his chip.

There's a local cat who is thick as mince having been slightly brain damaged at birth. He can't help himself trying to get into our house to the point where he'd smashed his head against our cat flap that much that one of the plastic bits that keep the door closed wouldn't work properly.

The Mrs had got to the stage of "**** it, just buy a new one" so I decided on a shit or bust attempt at taking it apart and seeing if I could fix it (knowing I'd probably bugger it beyond repair).

About an hour later, I'd found a tiny bracket/hinge thing that needed refitting to exactly the right place, put all the mechanism back together and replaced the fascia. BOOM, it worked

Been strutting round the house like a Don since.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I repaired our automatic cat flap the other day. You know the one where only your cat can get in the house as it recognises his chip.

There's a local cat who is thick as mince having been slightly brain damaged at birth. He can't help himself trying to get into our house to the point where he'd smashed his head against our cat flap that much that one of the plastic bits that keep the door closed wouldn't work properly.

The Mrs had got to the stage of "**** it, just buy a new one" so I decided on a shit or bust attempt at taking it apart and seeing if I could fix it (knowing I'd probably bugger it beyond repair).

About an hour later, I'd found a tiny bracket/hinge thing that needed refitting to exactly the right place, put all the mechanism back together and replaced the fascia. BOOM, it worked

Been strutting round the house like a Don since.

Till the dopey cat headbutts it again :wink:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I saved a woman and toddler from a fearsome swan attack by fending it off with my bike.

You mean you were Cycling too fast on a unmarked cycle path and hit a innocent Swan who previously was enjoying lunch with a single mother and her as yet gender undefined child .

It's cool , don't let this affect the rest of your life , say five Hail Mary's and Ten Big Dave's and all will be forgiven .

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I was working at an Optometrists when a man came in with his daughter, supposedly to pick up some glasses for her.
She was about 13/14 years old.
I overheard him explain to the owner that he had just been made redundant and was struggling to make ends meet, so couldn't afford the glasses and apologised.
I could see how disappointed the girl was, the owner told me, after they had left, that the girl was so excited and took ages at the eye test picking a frame that was just right.
I imagined her struggling at school and saw how upset she was, so I paid the $150 for them just before I left.
The owner wanted my details etc. to let them know who paid, but I wouldn't give them to her as I prefer anonymity.
So don't tell anyone, right.

If you were working there how come the owner didn’t know who you were?

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Helped an elderly lady in Steyning the other day who missed her footing on the kerb,tripped and fell. She coulndn't get up off the floor so I pulled over in my Van, picked her up and took the shopping to her house. Not much but better than driving on past.

The Brighton Bear

Come on Kylie, get a grip
May 3, 2010
Rottingdean
Helped an elderly lady in Steyning the other day who missed her footing on the kerb,tripped and fell. She coulndn't get up off the floor so I pulled over in my Van, picked her up and took the shopping to her house. Not much but better than driving on past.

Are you a trained first-aider? She might of had a serious injury and you pulled her up and shoved her in your van possibly causing even more damage! I bet you went into her house trespassing with the shopping too. I suggest that you call 999 and get an ambulance to her house straight away and while you're at it hand yourself in to the police.Bloody do-gooders.

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Saw our airport team spring into action here in Bermuda to deal with a flight diversion (BHX - CUN) with a Brit onboard who had suffered a heart attack. Go him off, out and to hospital in double quick time. And the good news is he's conscious..

On another note, I was lucky enough to sit next to Heather Small on a flight once between Vienna and Frankfurt. Lovely lady.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here