Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pardew, Allardyce

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Allardyce also has the longer record of achievement against the odds (Bolton in the top ten). Pardew's career has been patchy, to say the least - promotion (if only just) with West Ham and Reading, relegation with Charlton.

A bit off topic but I can never quite work out why Allardyce is treated with so much derision TBH.

He's been at several clubs now; He's only been relegated once (and that when he was there less than half a season), I'm definitely right in saying that clubs generally get worse after he leaves (Notts Co, Bolton, Blackburn, Newcastle).

I know he has a reputation for playing dour football but I think that's a bit unjustified - his Bolton team of Djorkaeff, Okacha and Campo was pretty decent - and he does say some daft things, the Real Madrid quote for example. He's certainly justified in saying that he should be considered for England, his record warrants it.

Would you be unhappy if he fetched up at the Albion in the future? I certainly wouldn't be

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Yes but it seems that the desire of the fans , due to the shiny stadium, the new training facility and the signing of players for the development squad, is that we have some Devine right to be a " big club" and in the premiership by right!.
John Devine...?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Many fans seem to hate the sack a manager culture going on in the game

That's only at other clubs. When your own club starts doing badly it's different!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The point in changing is SH tactics are diabolical and he refuses to change them. He has done Nothing in his career unlike other managers mentioned. Totally out of his depth.

Neither had poyet

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
If you compare us to last year, what we are missing is a striker to put the ball in the back of the net.

Take Ulloa's influence out of last season and you'd end up with a load of draws and defeats.

Yet there seems to be a huge display of love for Oscar Garcia (I thought he was tactically pretty poor and dull). We were prepared to give him time.

How much do we give sami? I don't know - but bear in mind the hand he was dealt.

It seems to me that the players are lacking confidence, and that is due to a whole array of things.

I agree the players confidence does look rather shot.

Ulloa made a massive difference when he was fit last year as he was a focal point for the front 3. I think Oscar was dull but tactically he did pretty good. He played to our strengths. Would i go for a few dull Oscar wins right now. Dam right i would.
Sami has had a rough hand if you look at the difference in quality from a few years ago.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Has Been & cast adrift Old time Managers

An up and coming club does not want an old fogey 20th century manager. End up like Ipswich or Wolves.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Yes but it seems that the desire of the fans , due to the shiny stadium, the new training facility and the signing of players for the development squad, is that we have some Devine right to be a " big club" and in the premiership by right!

It doesn't work like that and we are having a relatively poor season and suddenly the manager is shit and some even questioning Bloom suggesting he is ready to sell up and ship out....do people really think that a new owner will want ****all back from the club in the same way as bloom doesn't take anything?

These are the good times ladies and gents. To suggest that we change a manager this soon with what looks like none of his own players is just crazy and who is to say a curbishley or houghton isn't going to faced with exactly the same issues of having players foisted on them and they having to work with the draconian financial constraints we are under.

I see no point in changing for the sake of changing.

:ohmy: Has somebody stolen GW's password and maliciously logged into his account? :ohmy:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
West Ham spending £16 million on two strikers in the summer= bare bones. Nice one.

Pardew has actually been given jackshit, but winning three games isn't exactly a turnaround. Lose the next two or three amd they will be calling for his head again and they'll probably be in the drop zone.

Quite. Allardyce might keep West Ham up in the thin air zone so far, but Pardew will be back losing games before long. The Newcastle squad is notoriously flaky.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
It would be better if there was some sort of indication of things improving, but it's the same (if not getting worse) week after week.
Players seem to still be lost in the style they are being asked to play and there has been no sign that hyypia will change the style.
I would prefer him to stay if nothing other than for some stability in the club, but the signs are not good

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here