Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Sunday be the day the AXE finally falls on Sami

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It's a bit of both. It's a disjointed squad playing disjointed tactics given to them by manager who must be regretting signing on the dotted line by now. Panic buying to assuage the masses meets experimental and stubborn coach whose experience is all at a higher level than this. A clusterf**k. An omnishambles. Needs a new manager now, a big, ball winning striker on loan to make us more physical and Baldock / CMS / to play off and COG and Toko shipped out on loan to free up some cash. The new manager needs to have experience of this level of football and people need to set their expectations for this season to lower middle table at best and get behind the team.

IMHO like.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
A loss to Bournemouth will mark 12 games without a win, which was the last straw for B. Leverkusen. I think we'll see the same result if we lose.

It really is a shame that our play-off hopes are pretty much ruined largely due to having a shit manager. TB hold your hands up.

While Hyppia clearly has his limitations as a manager, I can't help but think some people are expecting him to produce something this squad clearly isn't capable of. Our current crop is some way behind last seasons squad and is a million miles away from the Poyet play off team. This is a team destined for mid table at the very best.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It's fairly simple for me - go back to what we've been doing over the last few seasons.

4 Defenders at the back
Width coming from wide players working with full backs
A supporting midfielder for the striker
2 central midfielders

Sami, give it a go. Our only width coming from our full backs is weakening us in both attack and defence. Get your head out of your ideological sandpit and realise what most of us can see.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I'd give him until the New Year at least. Tony, Paul and the rest of the team put on a vigorous interview process and left no stone unturned in finding the best man for the job. If they believed that was Sami back in the Summer then they need to give him sufficient time to do what he needs to mould us into a side capable of promotion, now we're a way off that at the moment but I don't believe 3 months is really sufficent time.

We're all frustrated, I said at the point we appointed Sami I dodn't think he was the right choice but I wasn't part of the interview process. It looks very poor on our board if they believed Sami was the right man in July and in late Autumn they're already giving up on him.
So you don't think they went for the least outspoken candidate, the one who would happily take the job without having any input into the players brought in? I suspect we had various applicants to sift through but we were only ever looking for a Yes man.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'd give him until the New Year at least. Tony, Paul and the rest of the team put on a vigorous interview process and left no stone unturned in finding the best man for the job. If they believed that was Sami back in the Summer then they need to give him sufficient time to do what he needs to mould us into a side capable of promotion, now we're a way off that at the moment but I don't believe 3 months is really sufficent time.

If the club do decide to get rid, needs to be done well in advance of the January transfer window. January should be focussed on buying players to bolster up the squad, not on interviewing for the position of manager. Made that mistake in the Summer.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
While Hyppia clearly has his limitations as a manager, I can't help but think some people are expecting him to produce something this squad clearly isn't capable of. Our current crop is some way behind last seasons squad and is a million miles away from the Poyet play off team. This is a team destined for mid table at the very best.
we finished mid table the first season back. I think most of us would be well chuffed if that happened. Some would still moan whatever happens!

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

I completely agree.
I also think our squad is suited for comfortable mid-table but we're putting our relegation performances largely due to (imo) flawed tactics.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Probably because it takes more than a dozen league games to create a team. We lost key players in the Summer and failed to adequetley replace them but that's not entirely Sami's fault. What if we sack him and bring someone else in and they only get 12-15 points from their first dozen games, do we sack them as well??

We also have key players injured. I don't know the answer as to whether sacking the manager is the solution. It's what most of the fans want at the moment.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
So you don't think they went for the least outspoken candidate, the one who would happily take the job without having any input into the players brought in? I suspect we had various applicants to sift through but we were only ever looking for a Yes man.

Baloney.

I think the board believe we have a structure which fundamentally works so they wanted to bring in the best man to work within that structure, perhaps there were more outspoken candidates who didn't want to work within such a structure so obviously didn't get the job but all of the board ultimately want success for the club, it's in thier interests so to suggest the delierately picked a yes man rather than the man best equipped to bring success within our operating structure is absolutely wrong.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
MUM! it's not fair. We're not winning our games. You said we'd be playing in the Premiership. I really hate you! I hope we go bust!

One of the amusing things I saw last night, was a grown man having a tantrum when Spurs scored their second goal. It was worthy of a three year old. He then stormed out.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Baloney.

I think the board believe we have a structure which fundamentally works so they wanted to bring in the best man to work within that structure, perhaps there were more outspoken candidates who didn't want to work within such a structure so obviously didn't get the job but all of the board ultimately want success for the club, it's in thier interests so to suggest the delierately picked a yes man rather than the man best equipped to bring success within our operating structure is absolutely wrong.
In your opinion ,of course.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
First of all, we're not going to lose to Bournemouth. Our so-called strikers are bound to score eventually and Sod's Law dictates that it will be against our former favourite Tommy Elphick, a genuinely nice guy who has been playing well. Because that's the way it goes in football.

Second, if this squad is inadequate, that's the fault of the recruitment team and not Sami Hyypia.

Agree with that :thumbsup:

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
IMO Samis tactics are deeply flawed,with the quality of player that we have. With our Strikers racing towards breaking all "Non scoring " records,Its the end for Sami any time soon.BUT....If they somehow started scoring....then hey presto ,Sami is saved !!!

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
IMO Samis tactics are deeply flawed,with the quality of player that we have. With our Strikers racing towards breaking all "Non scoring " records,Its the end for Sami any time soon.BUT....If they somehow started scoring....then hey presto ,Sami is saved !!!

If we manage to get the goals, then maybe my opinion would change. That said, the full back system needs tweaking..

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
A loss to Bournemouth will mark 12 games without a win, which was the last straw for B. Leverkusen. I think we'll see the same result if we lose.

It really is a shame that our play-off hopes are pretty much ruined largely due to having a shit manager. TB hold your hands up.

What a ridiculous comment. Do you really think Tony Bloom is to blame for our poor form? Based on who was available and our budget, he picked the candidate whom he thought best suited to the role. In the same way he picked Gus Poyet and Oscar Garcia, neither of whom were exactly flops were they? The fact Sami's appointment hasn't worked out is squarely down to Sami. Oh I see, it's a conspiracy....Tony Bloom picked a dud candidate ON PURPOSE....silly me....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here